Had our first vet visit

2 posters

Go down

Smile Had our first vet visit

Post by jojobda Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:38

Hi all. Just N update on our first vet visit. It went great.

The end.....

Lol just kidding. It went great really though. The reception people made such a big deal about her, she just soaked it up, thought I saw a halo ring Above her head. There were two ther dogs there, they both looked so nervous. The other Staffy pup as a blue brindle and he was 4 months, he was shaking so bad like he was going to the executioner. The other was a mixed breed who looked very uncomfortable. So I decided to keep marley in my arms as we waited, didn't want to risk nervous dog encounters.

When we went in to the exam room, the vet was really happy and helpful, you could see he enjoyed his job which was a gat comfort. He showed us how to trim her nails properly. She is in fine health and he had no concerns. She doesn't have fleas but he gave me some flea stuff to put on her neck to prevent them since we do have an indoor outdoor cat.

She took the jab like an addict lol, no issues there, didn't even have to break out the treats she was just so happy.

There don't appear to be much side affects mi guess. She seems normal, farts, snores, nips. All good.

Only thing is, she hasn't been eating all Of her food. She will eat it from my hand and from the floor, but not from the bowl. I mite have hotdogs for dinner tonight, would I be able to save the water and just put a little bit on the kibble to add some excitement to the food? Or add some hotdog pieces even?

She is 12 lbs at 12.5 weeks.

Thx guys. Cool
jojobda
jojobda
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Had our first vet visit Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : Oct. 16 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 40

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.trott.754

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: Had our first vet visit

Post by janey Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:46

Really pleased all went well at the vets, it generally does so no need to worry. With the food, I would be inclined to wait it out befor changing, they can be rather stubborn for a few days and swapping food isn't great at a young age if she has been doing well on it Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:48

Lovely to hear that Marley is getting on so well.

Hotdog water just might be a little salty for a young pup, but I'm by no means a feeding expert, and will leave it to more knowledgable members to advise on that one.

But I would just say that, unless your pup is a greedy one, they will eat just as much as they need, and not what we (or what the packet says), think they need. They have only little tummies, so feeding 3 or 4 times a day while they are small is best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 10:30

Glad it went well at the vets! I wouldn't worry too much about her being picky with the food from her bowl. Logan won't eat anything from his dog bowl, nor drink. I have to just put his food on a plate, and he drinks from a Coco Pops bowl I got free with some cereal lol! Laughing A lot of the time he throws his food out of the bowl onto the floor then eats it off the floor!

From what I can see a few Staffs have this weird issue with their bowls from time to time. I wouldn't start mixing too much this early because she will expect it in the future and may become even more picky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down