Backwards :(

2 posters

Go down

Backwards :( Empty Backwards :(

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:22

hi guys sorry i have been AWOl for a while... betweens vets , school, sports and the salon and teaching i have been a tad busy..

Holly has been on anti inflam meds for 4 days... last dose this morning... AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh.
because she decided she could walk down the back steps without pain she is now poo'ing and wee'ing on the deck again! also she has taken the lazY approach and house training is no longer an option either!
COULD the meds be givin gher a weak bladder? or is she being lazy or formed bad habbits again because of the meds nd the pain of walkin down the stairs....
also without her lil walks she is so crazy.,, cant take her out of give her any rough play etc so she is going mental... starting to chew lol...
my perfect baby is turning into a naughty gal lol

Back to top Go down

Backwards :( Empty Re: Backwards :(

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:28

It could be the meds, or it could just be boredom & frustration. Has the vet said when she can take excercise again? In the meantime all you can do is reinforce the toilet training you've already done & be calm & patient ( this a matter of do as I say, not as I do! It's hell having a staffy that can't get excercise!). Have you tried doing some extra training with her to get her mind tired?

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:29

Without the exersize then yes she will turn into a baggage! Go back to square one, it may be a pain but she does know what she should and won't take long to get into a routine!! Don't worry it'll be back to normal in know time! And get the frustration!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:29

Mel wrote:hi guys sorry i have been AWOl for a while... betweens vets , school, sports and the salon and teaching i have been a tad busy..

Holly has been on anti inflam meds for 4 days... last dose this morning... AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhh.
because she decided she could walk down the back steps without pain she is now poo'ing and wee'ing on the deck again! also she has taken the lazY approach and house training is no longer an option either!
COULD the meds be givin gher a weak bladder? or is she being lazy or formed bad habbits again because of the meds nd the pain of walkin down the stairs....
also without her lil walks she is so crazy.,, cant take her out of give her any rough play etc so she is going mental... starting to chew lol...
my perfect baby is turning into a naughty gal lol

Aww poor Holly think it is prob because of her leg, once she has recovered I am sure she will back to being your perfect baby. I could send you Milly and Holly would look loke a angel. Hope she is back to her normal self soon Mel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09 2011, 22:55

I think it's probably because of the meds and the fact that her routine has changed. She will probably go staight back to being a good girl again once she is able to burn some energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10 2011, 00:19

Ahhhh vet said no walkies for a weel... bloody great lol... i will be tearing my own curicles out by then lol...
all worth it in the long run

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Feb 10 2011, 00:25

Moo was in plaster nearly 4 weeks over christmas and new year, you will survive...........promise!! Not saying it won't be testing though!!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10 2011, 02:47

janey wrote:Moo was in plaster nearly 4 weeks over christmas and new year, you will survive...........promise!! Not saying it won't be testing though!!!
\\i remember Sad

think we need to just tired out her mind at least.. hard tho when all she wants to do is run, and without her being in pain she thinks she can... meds stop today so we will see how she is tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10 2011, 07:43

Hope Holly is better today Mel Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10 2011, 07:47

Blue & I send our love and hope Holly has a speedy recovery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10 2011, 08:25

hope Holly is feeling better Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10 2011, 09:56

Hi guys,well it is 9pm, holly has had a nice bath and is now sound asleep on my bed. hubby is at a footy game so we are snuggling together.
she seems better but will need to wait a few days to see if all is well with her leg/hip.
thanks for all your well wishes

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Thu Feb 10 2011, 10:07

Glad to hear that Holly is getting better i'm sure the relapse is just because her routine has been disturbed, she will be back to being a good girl in no time when things get back to normal. x
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Backwards :( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10 2011, 10:44

Glad she seems to be getting back to normal.

Give her a couple of weeks & she'll go and do it again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 12 2011, 23:22

hey, well we have had some sucess with the toilet business.. alhough inside if left she is still a problem,
anyway today we are building her a doggy door.. sooooo she can get in and out with us watching of course..
hope it does the trick.. lots of treats on the ready for some good work today Smile
leg seems better. took her around the block and she looks good.. so we will see how it all goes when we go on a bigger walk tomorrow
x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 12 2011, 23:51

Some new pics would be nice..............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14 2011, 23:15

hi caryll,
i have taken some pics and will be sure to upload them so you tonight..
she is getting so big, and heavy lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down