volsung
Steve
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

mentally ill are going homeless  - Page 2 Empty mentally ill are going homeless

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:25

First topic message reminder :

very sad state of affair if you ask me, people are getting their benefits cut so they going homeless Rolling Eyes when people who keep having kids who cant afford them keep getting benefit something is wrong here....

these are the people who need it FFS at wits end

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

mentally ill are going homeless  - Page 2 Empty Re: mentally ill are going homeless

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 19:43

Steve wrote:so you you think we should carry on like we are now, kids breeding like rabbits, families with money but also claiming everything they can and so on?

people who as no body & they may look fit enough to work but they are not should be took off benefits?

Where did I say that things should carry on as they are? All I've said is that the children should not be made to suffer for their parents' greed.

I think people who have been on the dole for more than 6 months, and who are capable of working, should be made to do community work for points. They would need to amass a certain amount of points to qualify for their full benefits. If they don't, the their money gets reduced accordingly. I think there should be clothing vouchers that can only be exchanged for children's clothes. There should be food vouchers that can't be exchanged for booze or cigs.

Get the lazy b*stards back to work, even if it's only community service.

Back to top Go down

mentally ill are going homeless  - Page 2 Empty Re: mentally ill are going homeless

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 19:44

what about people who earning enough but claiming everything they can?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 19:50

If they're earning enough then there's very little they can claim unless they're fiddling the system. In that case, why punish the kids? Get more people trained in spotting benefit fraud & the ones they catch will more than pay for their wages!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 19:55

you saw on the news the other month parents who are earning £60,000 plus can claim things like children care, tax credits and so on.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:00

If you're earning £60k you can't claim child tax credit - I know that because I claim it!

I suppose there might be help towards child care costs if both parents work, but that doesn't amount to all that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:26

you can the stop it at if someone is them self is earning 40,000 but if 2 parents are earning 39,999 they still can claim it.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:29

Steve wrote:you can the stop it at if someone is them self is earning 40,000 but if 2 parents are earning 39,999 they still can claim it.

Your right.
It is silly people earning nearly 80k feel they have to claim.
But we may have more money if instead of cutting the poors money we make the millionaires who trade in this country pay taxes in this country like that bloke who owns topman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:01

the Tories & labour as made a right mess of things, i think we need to start again scrape everything and look after the people who really need it.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:14

Steve wrote:you can the stop it at if someone is them self is earning 40,000 but if 2 parents are earning 39,999 they still can claim it.

It goes on total earnings, not individual, and it depends on how many children you have. A husband & wife can't claim seperately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:16

well it something familes can claim or something to do with tax Wink it was on the news for about month about it

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:18

yes it's Child benefit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17854937

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:24

Child benefit is about £20 per week for the first child & then (roughly) £15 per child after that. It's a fixed sum & nothing to do with earnings. It's paid until a child turns 16, or until a child reaches age 20 as long as they are still in further education (not higher education).

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:26

have you read it caryll?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:34

Thats the one. I mean if your earning 79.9k / year you shouldn't be claiming £20 a week I dont want to s I would rather it go on single parents or job seekers allowence, £20 is allot of money to them people

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:36

even 40k a year you shouldn't be claiming it

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:37

Steve wrote:have you read it caryll?

Sorry, Steve, have I read what?

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Thats the one. I mean if your earning 79.9k / year you shouldn't be claiming £20 a week I dont want to s I would rather it go on single parents or job seekers allowence, £20 is allot of money to them people
Steve wrote:even 40k a year you shouldn't be claiming it

I agree. There should be a cap on claiming child benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:38

it you have 5 kids you nearly getting nearly £73 every week doh that not right at all

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:38

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17854937

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:45

Oh, right. Good idea, but doesn't go far enough.

Generally speaking it's always the wife who claims child benefit. But let's face it, if you're earning over £60k why on earth do you need an extra £20 a week?

The upper limit should be reduced to, say, a joint income of £35k. If you earn more than that you don't get the benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:47

that why people was moaning about it becasue if both parent was earning £49,999 they can still claim it

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:09

but all come round again to the fact that those people will be paying a hell of a lot more tax so feel entilited to something back even if its £20

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:10

they dont need it hayley we have people living on the streets

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:14

Steve wrote:that why people was moaning about it becasue if both parent was earning £49,999 they can still claim it

I agree that the limit has been set too high, but at least it's a start!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:23

Steve wrote:they dont need it hayley we have people living on the streets

i know i agree, just saying what they might be thinking lol

Back to top Go down

Post by geniejack Wed Dec 05 2012, 23:05

bigwazza wrote:i noticed mr Cameron came out with another ill thought comment yesterday
132,000 off benefits since this time last year NO 132,000 people had there benefits stopped since this time last year .
41,000 people with mental issues left with no help and benefits YES good on you government.
i worked out the other week in the 22 years i worked before my accident i payed around £146,000 in tax and N I and with my wife working iv not been aball to claim a penny in benefits angry sorry this country is messed up
ly

I can totally empathise,my husband had an accident 4 yrs ago and sustained a serious head injury,leaving him with a brain injury.The powers that be seem to think he is perfectly fit and able to work even though he has been left with numerous cognitive and mental health problems etc He would love nothing better than to go back to work but he is so not the person he used to be.He has worked bloody hard all these yrs and paid into system but when he needs some help he is entitled to a big fat £0. My husband hates what these Tory b*****ds are doing and the state this country is in.Iwish they could walk a day in my husbands shoes to see what its like to live/exist with a brain injury and the turmoil his mental health brings to him on a daily basis.I will come off my soap box now Wink

April xxx

geniejack
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 8 yrs old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Thu Dec 06 2012, 09:10

geniejack wrote:Iwish they could walk a day in my husbands shoes to see what its like to live/exist with a brain injury and the turmoil his mental health brings to him on a daily basis.
Whenever I hear Boris Johnson speak, I always think he's had some serious brain trauma in the past. Man can't put a sentence together.

(not trying to make light of your husband's tragic situation)
Mani
Mani
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
mentally ill are going homeless  - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 10:45

geniejack wrote:I wish they could walk a day in my husbands shoes to see what its like to live/exist with a brain injury and the turmoil his mental health brings to him on a daily basis.I will come off my soap box now Wink
April xxx

I wish they could as well! They wouldn't survive!

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:00

Caryll wrote:
geniejack wrote:I wish they could walk a day in my husbands shoes to see what its like to live/exist with a brain injury and the turmoil his mental health brings to him on a daily basis.I will come off my soap box now Wink
April xxx

I wish they could as well! They wouldn't survive!

That is sadly true Caryll, very few people would survive. April you stay on your soap box you have earned the right to stand there and scream for more help and awareness of the pain yourself and your husband go through everyday with very little aid
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:28

Caryll wrote:

It goes on total earnings, not individual, and it depends on how many children you have. A husband & wife can't claim seperately.

MY wife earns 12,500 a year and we get 133.00 a month family allowance (what every parent will get with 2 kids regardless of income)at the moment and 10.54 working/family tax credits a week (lowest amount they pay out )no free school dinners or any other kind of help Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:40

geniejack wrote:
bigwazza wrote:i noticed mr Cameron came out with another ill thought comment yesterday
132,000 off benefits since this time last year NO 132,000 people had there benefits stopped since this time last year .
41,000 people with mental issues left with no help and benefits YES good on you government.
i worked out the other week in the 22 years i worked before my accident i payed around £146,000 in tax and N I and with my wife working iv not been aball to claim a penny in benefits angry sorry this country is messed up
ly

I can totally empathise,my husband had an accident 4 yrs ago and sustained a serious head injury,leaving him with a brain injury.The powers that be seem to think he is perfectly fit and able to work even though he has been left with numerous cognitive and mental health problems etc He would love nothing better than to go back to work but he is so not the person he used to be.He has worked bloody hard all these yrs and paid into system but when he needs some help he is entitled to a big fat £0. My husband hates what these Tory b*****ds are doing and the state this country is in.Iwish they could walk a day in my husbands shoes to see what its like to live/exist with a brain injury and the turmoil his mental health brings to him on a daily basis.I will come off my soap box now Wink

April xxx

yes and as iv pointed out before your husband will have been told by a NURSE with no extra knowledge of your husbands condition that he fit for work even if you go to apeal you will go before a GP and dont matter what consultant letters you take outlining why you are unfit for work it will be upheld that you can work anyway angry
there criteria is if you can pick up a pint of milk and talk on the phone for 30 seconds and walk 50yards unaided you can work at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:40

bigwazza wrote:
Caryll wrote:

MY wife earns 12,500 a year and we get 133.00 a month family allowance (what every parent will get with 2 kids regardless of income)at the moment and 10.54 working/family tax credits a week (lowest amount they pay out )no free school dinners or any other kind of help Sad

That's very similar to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:41

bigwazza wrote:MY wife earns 12,500 a year and we get 133.00 a month family allowance (what every parent will get with 2 kids regardless of income)at the moment and 10.54 working/family tax credits a week (lowest amount they pay out )no free school dinners or any other kind of help Sad

I don't understand how wft can say that £133 pm helps people on low income out that much, do these people not know the cost of basic living? it would cost you that using public transport to get to work everyday or more in a car. Putting food on the table, a family of 4 could easily use that, a small shop can cost upward of that. And then wonder why there is such a high rate of depression among the uk public
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Thu Dec 06 2012, 11:49

bigwazza wrote:yes and as iv pointed out before your husband will have been told by a NURSE with no extra knowledge of your husbands condition that he fit for work even if you go to apeal you will go before a GP and dont matter what consultant letters you take outlining why you are unfit for work it will be upheld that you can work anyway angry
there criteria is if you can pick up a pint of milk and talk on the phone for 30 seconds and walk 50yards unaided you can work at wits end
That is ridiculous and yet someone posted in an other post the other day that a alcoholic can claim for drink, how true that is i don't know but the mind does boggle. How do the gov who are all detached from society snobs on at least £130.000 per year and own business's decide what we need? who is capable of deciding what we need? and normal people suffer angry
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 18:58

At the moment I think the government will pay childcare so you can work for 1.5 of your children.
Just out of interest has anyone made the difficult decision on which kid to cut in half?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2