+2
volsung
Steve
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

mentally ill are going homeless  Empty mentally ill are going homeless

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:25

very sad state of affair if you ask me, people are getting their benefits cut so they going homeless Rolling Eyes when people who keep having kids who cant afford them keep getting benefit something is wrong here....

these are the people who need it FFS at wits end

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

mentally ill are going homeless  Empty Re: mentally ill are going homeless

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:30

i'm sooo mad!!!

when family who keep popping kids out and moaning about other people who are claiming benefits at wits end at wits end

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:48

I'm one of the few who think that a benefits cut should be for two kids or something if you and your partner/partners have bver had a full time job (i. E. not a month then Quit cause ur bos has it in for you) If you want more then you pay for them! I work for my own money not to feed other people's kids. I'd happily pay an extra £1 tax outa my wage if it went directly to helping mentally ill and homeless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:52

mentally ill should come before anything else, when i see stories on the news tonight it get me soo mad!! a lot of mentally ill don't have families they getting their benefits cut or stop at wits end because Joe public keeps moaning about them when they should be moan about families who having 3/4/5 kids when they cant afford them at wits end

if you cant afford KID use protect FFS sake!!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:55

Why waste money on condoms when they can buy another bottle of cider lol don't they know they can get free contraceptives!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:59

it not just the family who don work, families who as someone working who cant afford kid claiming everything they can do. it need to stop and time to look after people who need it

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:04

Well tbf if one member working full time in a crap job and mum at home can't afford child care to work then okay they can get some help but they shouldn't have more kids until they are stable enough to.

I think they need to stop just throwing money at them. They should get food vouchers that can be used in shops, clothing vouchers etc instead of "allowances" for all these things but then kids still having no clothes and being starved cause the parents can use the money for other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:06

if you with someone with a crap job or someone with ok job but it wont be enough for 4 kids would you have 3/4 kids?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:17

Maybe they had the kids with a no job partner, relapsed that they were no good and found someone with a job Smile

Lots and lots of variables in this case, it's never ever black and white.

But I do think the way forward is vouchers and stamps that can ONLY be used for their intended purpose. And they need to stop this stupid 500-700 grant for decorating their new council home!!! My friend lives on a line of new mainsonettes and because she works part time (single mum) she wasn't entitled to anything but all the rest of them who are all mums and dads with lots of kids got cheques for 5-700 to redecorate.

None of them even have curtains up or paint on the walls!!

her neighbors 2 boys are vile and I hate saying that about children but they are 4 and 5 and the things that come out of their mouths is just vulgar, their parents need shot and the kids just locked away now

(They were hangin out an upstairs window at 12am shouting to me and my friend why don't you lick each others p**** and then use the dog for a**l would you like that would you like some c**k will you suck mine)

I'm not even paraphrasing or exaggerating Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:19

well if i had a good job i wouldn't have no more then 2 kids because i have common sense Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:24

I couldn't cope with any more than one lol I get panicky if left with a child for more than 10mins

I reckon I would adopt an older child. I hate the toddler stage there's no pleasing them. I'd like one about 4/5 that I can get a pony for Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:25

1 is enough for everyone & the mentally ill would be be able to be look after without being made to live on the streets and bag for money

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:26

i went to town today i saw 5 bagger Rolling Eyes last year i didn't see one

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:35

None here but they would get beat up in my town, everyone here's crazy in the wrong way.

It's nice to have a sibling though, I like it. I do think the world is over populated though. Every species that have totally taken over have died out due to too much competition etc and with our technology we have fast tracked ourselves to oblivion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:41

they will come, i did say this would happen about a year and half again we going back how was the later 80/90's was.

i hope they bring out a 2 kid cap out if they keep cutting the mentally ill it's only fair..

i do feel shame to be British when we make mentally ill live on the street but keeps givie big family a easy ride it make me feel sick!!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:47

Ditto, and we are supposed to care for our elders, I can't even go into that one cause the rage it gives me is not good before bed lol

I want to adopt an old man. I weep just thinking about them :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:52

Christmas meant to be a happy time i wonder how many people are going die because they living on the streets?

it;s only 1 or 2 it to many in my eyes at wits end when they should had homes (well the did have home till the cuts)

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by volsung Wed Dec 05 2012, 09:55

The Real Horror Stories .......... Surprised

1. Tory cuts to breadline payments cause deaths of 73 Brits every week

2. Disabled man abandoned on the second floor of building during Atos fire alarm evacuation

(note) Both links are to national newspapers (1. DailyRecord & 2. The Independant ) in recent news
volsung
volsung
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stash
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 20

http://www.deaconhost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Wed Dec 05 2012, 10:04

What is happening to this country its in a real mess angry
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 10:15

Hayley wrote: They should get food vouchers that can be used in shops, clothing vouchers etc instead of "allowances" for all these things but then kids still having no clothes and being starved cause the parents can use the money for other things.

I totally agree with that - vouchers for proper food/clothes etc, not booze & cigs.

Hayley wrote: I hate the toddler stage there's no pleasing them. I'd like one about 4/5 that I can get a pony for Big Grin

Toddlers are only a pain if they're allowed to be - mine weren't angels, but they were pretty good & didn't throw tantrums!

Steve wrote:1 is enough for everyone & the mentally ill would be be able to be look after without being made to live on the streets and bag for money

How dare you say that one child is enough for everyone! I had two because I wanted two, I don't like 'only' children, they tend to be spoilt & lonely.

If you take away the benefits completely, who suffers? Not the parents, that's for sure - it's the children every time. They don't ask to be born, so why should they go humgry just because you think their parents are wasters (even though they probably are!)?

Give the parents a certain amount of vouchers for each child & to a lesser extent for themselves - food, milk, clothes etc. Then it can't be spent on booze/drugs/cigs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:41

1 is enough to people who cant afford kids Rolling Eyes i title to my opinion caryll it doesn't if you don't agree with me.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:43

Steve wrote:1 is enough to people who cant afford kids Rolling Eyes i title to my opinion caryll it doesn't if you don't agree with me.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think you're entitled to tell people how many children they should have!

Been through this debate before - not going there again! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:45

I cant wait till the 2 kid benefits caps happens.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Dec 05 2012, 12:15

Most of the comments all seems very negative and i am suprised. How does mentally ill homelessness become a debate on how many kids people have? do we live in a communist state? We as staffy owners know how wrong it is to be judged on the minority compared to the majority. How about the taxing of higher paid wages? nope uproar, taxing childless unattached people more? not fair. cutting chid benefit to anyone paid over minimum wage? I don't think there is an easy answer really, vouchers can still be bought and sold, restricting benefits will hurt the needy and somebody somewhere is waiting to extract the urine from societies coffers. How do people suggest we decide who or what is mentally ill? the person with Schizophrenia who with medication can control their illness? the alcholic who can't cope with lifes minor trials, or me that has suffered a mental breakdown and was homeless through no fault of my own, but to others i was just a lazy useless git who could work if i JUST pulled my socks up? We all have a duty to help. Every year i put a £10 food parcel of shops own brand foods together and take it to the local church for the homeless, mental or sane. Before we judge we should look inward 1st are we blameless? could we drink 4 cans less and donate to charity? I gift aid to MIND do you? I blame me 1st because i could always do more. SORRY touchy topic for me
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 12:27

i noticed mr Cameron came out with another ill thought comment yesterday
132,000 off benefits since this time last year NO 132,000 people had there benefits stopped since this time last year .
41,000 people with mental issues left with no help and benefits YES good on you government.
i worked out the other week in the 22 years i worked before my accident i payed around £146,000 in tax and N I and with my wife working iv not been aball to claim a penny in benefits angry sorry this country is messed up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 12:44

They tried to stop my sisters benefits one time (shes permanently brain damaged after a car accident) and my mum asked why and they said cause shes able to get up make a cup of tea and tiddle about fine so they don't see anything wrong with her. Mum had to explain that yeah she can make a cuppa, but she cant do washing, can't cook, can't remember what day it is, wouldn't be able to work cause she can't walk very well and has severe short term memory loss (it extends to about 10mins) is extremely vulnerable, so how is she "Okay to look after herself"

They then changed it to my dad earned enough money too look after us all, well no, cause mum is a full time carer and my sister got her own benefits, my dad looked after the house and bills mum looked after the food etc so if he had been lumped with both things then we would have been totally broke!

My mum is the proverbial pitbull sothey didn't even bother making another excuse after that.

My aunty has been on benefits since she was 16 and has claimed as a single parent even though shes always had a partner with a full time job. she lived with my blind uncle for about 2 years taking his money for herself, so was saving money on her own heating and eletric and using the money to fund her very large alcohol habit. Noone has ever said a word to her

there is just no justice in this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 12:52

Steve wrote:I cant wait till the 2 kid benefits caps happens.

It won't happen.

dave742 wrote:Most of the comments all seems very negative and i am suprised. How does mentally ill homelessness become a debate on how many kids people have? do we live in a communist state? We as staffy owners know how wrong it is to be judged on the minority compared to the majority. How about the taxing of higher paid wages? nope uproar, taxing childless unattached people more? not fair. cutting chid benefit to anyone paid over minimum wage? I don't think there is an easy answer really, vouchers can still be bought and sold, restricting benefits will hurt the needy and somebody somewhere is waiting to extract the urine from societies coffers. How do people suggest we decide who or what is mentally ill? the person with Schizophrenia who with medication can control their illness? the alcholic who can't cope with lifes minor trials, or me that has suffered a mental breakdown and was homeless through no fault of my own, but to others i was just a lazy useless git who could work if i JUST pulled my socks up? We all have a duty to help. Every year i put a £10 food parcel of shops own brand foods together and take it to the local church for the homeless, mental or sane. Before we judge we should look inward 1st are we blameless? could we drink 4 cans less and donate to charity? I gift aid to MIND do you? I blame me 1st because i could always do more. SORRY touchy topic for me

Excellent post.

I hope that life is treating you a little better now. >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:23

Caryll wrote:
Steve wrote:I cant wait till the 2 kid benefits caps happens.

It won't happen.

it's very likely it will happen

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:24

dave742 wrote:Most of the comments all seems very negative and i am suprised. How does mentally ill homelessness become a debate on how many kids people have?

becasue if people used some common sense then there would be more money to help the mentally ill!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:33

Yes thanks caryll life is good thank you, but i never have forgotten the help that helped me get over my illness. Now heartfelt rant comming on. I fought against abuse while i was a carer for about 20 years, Elderly get dumped by society because they are no fun (does that sound familiar? ) good job they can't be tied to railings, autistic children they need too much care, and the institutionalised from mentally ill to criminally insane, so i have experience of working with the illness across the board and it made me very ill. I have met carers that care too much and all do the job for minimum wage, and some that don't care and abuse their position of trust, and i have fought against 1 or 2 abusing carers and lost my job for it. So mental illness is a biggie for me and i care too much for people to let societies problems or my own stop me from helping. I wish people could see instead taking the high road get down and dirty and look at the problems of discrimination that can't be fixed with money. Put our blinkers on and concentrate on what WE as a whole can do to change. Genuine people need Genuine care and support. While there will always issues with society by working together we can change life for the better for people of all disabilities. I would say sorry for my views but i'm not
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:47

That's a good view and I think Steve would agree with you. We need to help the needy and stop enabling the greedy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:51

dave742 wrote: I would say sorry for my views but i'm not

Never apologise for caring.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:53

Steve wrote:
dave742 wrote:Most of the comments all seems very negative and i am suprised. How does mentally ill homelessness become a debate on how many kids people have?

becasue if people used some common sense then there would be more money to help the mentally ill!

i agree steve but where in your view of restricting the amount of children will help the mentally ill? This goverment that treats people like they are a nuisance. Wont give people money because they maybe disabled but their partner works 16 hours or more they don't care, they dont care if we struggle they are immune to our plight, Simple things prove they don't care about us. If the goverment saved money from restricting the amount of children they would still spend that money on things less important, things none of us would agree to like aid in foreign countries, with corrupt goverments all for oil while people are suffering in THIS country that we love. I too look at people and think "you have never worked a day since i have known you" my ex wife for 1 and she now has 6 kids (including my 2 which i pay maintinance for) how dare she complain about anything when she has been taking money that could be used for better causes, but that doesn't give me the right to say people should be restricted, i love all my children and i pay for my children always have always will.
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:54

and i don't mean we shouldn't help other countries
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:56

Forcing low birthrates is v/ dangerous to a country as you're putting the pyramid upside down and creating a future where there are more pensioners than taxpayers. I'd say let people have as many kids as they want but make best possible effort to give those kids a chance. Perhaps it's not just handing money to parents, but investing in education, especially free or low-cost higher education, medical care and anything that can help them make something out of themselves.
Getting people and companies w/ crafty accountants to pay their taxes would solve the budget hole. A single mother with 4 kids who uses the benefit money to pay for fags and lager is peanuts compared to the tax scams going on in the upper echelons of the tax bracket. Peanuts.
Mani
Mani
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
mentally ill are going homeless  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 15:09

dave742 wrote:and i don't mean we shouldn't help other countries

But it should only be when they want it! Did you hear about it that time when india told them they DIDNT want the 6 million (or billion) aid or something but uk pushed it through cause it keeps them sweet basically angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 15:11

Mani wrote:I'd say let people have as many kids as they want but make best possible effort to give those kids a chance. Perhaps it's not just handing money to parents, but investing in education, especially free or low-cost higher education, medical care and anything that can help them make something out of themselves.

totally agree. some schools are just shocking and the treatment the teachers get cause of bad parenting is horrendous. There needs to be a HUGH shake up in the way the more inner city and lower class schools are run, it is the only hope we have. cant have everything run by swots from private schools, they dont know about the normal person lifes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 15:12

I just proved my own point there, my spelling is disgusting hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 15:20

dave742 wrote:
Steve wrote:

i agree steve but where in your view of restricting the amount of children will help the mentally ill? This goverment that treats people like they are a nuisance. Wont give people money because they maybe disabled but their partner works 16 hours or more they don't care, they dont care if we struggle they are immune to our plight, Simple things prove they don't care about us. If the goverment saved money from restricting the amount of children they would still spend that money on things less important, things none of us would agree to like aid in foreign countries, with corrupt goverments all for oil while people are suffering in THIS country that we love. I too look at people and think "you have never worked a day since i have known you" my ex wife for 1 and she now has 6 kids (including my 2 which i pay maintinance for) how dare she complain about anything when she has been taking money that could be used for better causes, but that doesn't give me the right to say people should be restricted, i love all my children and i pay for my children always have always will.

I think you misunderstood me i'm saying there should be a cap on children benefits you can have as many kids you want but you can expect tax payers to pay to bring up your kids..

the money that will be save will go and help the mentally ill who really need it not some teen who want to breed like a rabbit

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 15:29

volsung wrote:The Real Horror Stories .......... Surprised

2. Disabled man abandoned on the second floor of building during Atos fire alarm evacuation

(note) Both links are to national newspapers (1. DailyRecord & 2. The Independant ) in recent news

73 people a week Sad so sad Sad i hope people who keeps coming on TV want people off benefits are happy now because these are the people making the Tories to do it..

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:08

mentally ill are going homeless  559883_451187874939102_1626417224_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:29

Steve wrote:
volsung wrote:The Real Horror Stories .......... Surprised

73 people a week Sad so sad Sad i hope people who keeps coming on TV want people off benefits are happy now because these are the people making the Tories to do it..

first time iv seen the quoted post would just like to point out to the people that don't know the second point about ATOS they are the agency of NURSES with no expertise in any condition that decide who does and doesn't receive ESA benefits

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:41

Steve wrote:I think you misunderstood me i'm saying there should be a cap on children benefits you can have as many kids you want but you can expect tax payers to pay to bring up your kids..
Half agree with you there, Steve. On one hand, kids are the parent's responsibility, on the other hand, they are also the responsibility of the society in which they are born into, and as vulnerable or more vulnerable than the mentally ill or disabled adults. The debate is not on whether children should be helped but whether parents with many children are in best position to support the kids. Hence our 'social agreement' which has resulted in free education, medical care and so on.
Mani
Mani
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
mentally ill are going homeless  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:56

I seriously think if we were all sat in a pub face to face ,tone of voice ,facial expression and general debate i think we would all be on the same wavelength, but in txt it's difficult to express
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 17:01

why i bought kid up is because i'm sick and tired of hearing woman & men on tv they cant afford this and that because they have 3/4 kids they should of knew what they was getting them self in before they had the 3rd kid. they want everyone off benefits i put money on them claiming all they can some these families have jobs and getting £60,000 plus a year at wits end it get me well mad...

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 17:19

Steve wrote:why i bought kid up is because i'm sick and tired of hearing woman & men on tv they cant afford this and that because they have 3/4 kids they should of knew what they was getting them self in before they had the 3rd kid. they want everyone off benefits i put money on them claiming all they can some these families have jobs and getting £60,000 plus a year at wits end it get me well mad...

Yes, Steve, I agree it's irresponsible - but you would have the blameless children suffer for it! That's wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 17:22

it's wrong for people demanding people off the benefits 75 homeless people are dying every week.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 17:27

Steve wrote:it's wrong for people demanding people off the benefits 75 homeless people are dying every week.

I know, Steve - the benefits system stinks, but you can't take away the bread & butter from children. It isn't their fault they were born.

Make the wasters work by all means, but don't make the children starve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Dec 05 2012, 17:32

so you you think we should carry on like we are now, kids breeding like rabbits, families with money but also claiming everything they can and so on?

people who as no body & they may look fit enough to work but they are not should be took off benefits?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 19:35

You can never have 1 rule for all as things are never black and white.
What about someone who is on benifits with 4 kids that are in that position because their other half passed away or even because both parents were made redundant? I have 4 kids in total and manage fine (BUT!!! only at the moment) impossible for me to say I will be in the same sitsuation every day for the next 10 years. Allot can happen in that time.
There are allot of people abusing the system and spoiling it for genuine people who need the safety nett to get through the difficult times, but it's implementing it to enable only the needed get it is sadly an impossible job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next