Another rant

2 posters

Go down

Another rant Empty Another rant

Post by tashie_mouse Fri Nov 02 2012, 07:13

Today at the off leash dog park my staffy was bitten by another dog. We where walking with a friend who owns a great dane x who is the sweetest boy in the world but also a puppy who hasn't learnt that he is bigger than all the other dogs. So my dog is crying covered in blood from a bite to her mouth. This pretentious woman turns to me and tells me that it had to be the great dane because he looks "like a killer". I really hate these people and turn and tell her that not only was I watching the whole thing but that it was her miniture poodle that had biten my dog. That and the great dane was no where near her. She ends up snearing that I know nothing and picks up her poodle and walks to her car with a humph. What the hell is it with people thinking that just because the dog can't fit in a tea cup that it is about to rip your dogs throat out or jump into your pram t maul your child? I think it is my area (inner city melbourne). But it seems every day that I walk my dog I get looks or comments ie "Is that a pit bull?" (I have nothing against the breed and think they are super lovely) or "Don't go near that dog it bites!". I also blame the media in this country because ever few months there is a show on dangerous dogs, where of course they show a staffy mix breed. Are people out there really dumb enough to think that all dogs that are even parcially a specific breed are all going to be killers? Obviously they are because I get to hear that the government wants to have breed specific laws. Imagine if we did that to humans. The uproar would be deafening. But no I get to hear that they want to put my dog in the "Dangerous Dog Breed" which means muzzles and a whole lot of other stupid things. My dog is not a killer if she was I wuld not let her off the leash. I would not let the great dane off the leash if I had the slightest thought that it would jump into your pram. It is how you treat a dog, any breed can turn into a killer if you treat it badly enough. But how to get this through to the up tight, sour faced, mindless, snobs in my area is so hard to do. Maybe I should hand out flyers to the people that make these uneducated and hurtful comments. Thank you for reading my rant, I know I am not the only person who has these issues, but after you get the comments 3 times in a day almost ever day you tend to become a bit annoyed.
tashie_mouse
tashie_mouse
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Keely
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Another rant Empty Re: Another rant

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 07:26

If people are stupid enough to generalise groups of people based on the media, it's no surprise they'll do it to animals. It's just irresponsible owners, mainly of small dogs, I'm sure. They're the ones who will let their dog get away with aggression or possessiveness or jumping up or whatever else, because it's cute and therefore doesn't hurt. And if something doesn't hurt, then people condone it. Course, when their dog actually attacks another dog, that's when they'll blame any dog but their own...because small dogs can't attack, you see, they're too cute. Ah, it's stupid. Hope your dog is OK though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 08:47

Oh so common both sides of the world and its just trying to educate the uneducatable sometimes Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 09:05

Rant away - we all know what you mean! angry

tashie_mouse wrote:I get to hear that the government wants to have breed specific laws. Imagine if we did that to humans.

Oh, I wish! Wouldn't it be great - all those anti-social pigs who won't work, who intimidate other people, who burgle & rob others would all be neutered, microchipped, muzzled in public & on lead in a public place! Steve, we wouldn't need National Service! >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:42

ANattyRat wrote:If people are stupid enough to generalise groups of people based on the media, it's no surprise they'll do it to animals. It's just irresponsible owners, mainly of small dogs, I'm sure. They're the ones who will let their dog get away with aggression or possessiveness or jumping up or whatever else, because it's cute and therefore doesn't hurt. And if something doesn't hurt, then people condone it. Course, when their dog actually attacks another dog, that's when they'll blame any dog but their own...because small dogs can't attack, you see, they're too cute. Ah, it's stupid. Hope your dog is OK though.

Very well said and yes there are alot of people just that stupid out there Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 02 2012, 11:44

Strange you say about the poodle, they are the one dog I do not trust. I had one snap at my face once Surprised was not best pleased either. Some people have some very odd views.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down