Rant about a GSD...

3 posters

Go down

Rant about a GSD... Empty Rant about a GSD...

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 19:57

....well, a GSD owner, really!

Walking Dempsey this afternoon I saw two young guys coming towards me with a rather large, well built male (even at a distance I could see he was male!) GSD. Now, Dempsey's fine with GSDs (his best friend is one) so i didn't worry too much.

However, as they got closer I could see this dog stiffen. The ears went rigid, he went 'up on his toes', if you see what I mean, and he stared straight at Dempsey. I though "Uh-oh!"

I put Dempsey on a lead as he was starting to respond to the staring (stiff legged, staring back, hackles starting to rise) which, as it happens, was quite a good move! All of a sudden the GSD just lunged, full weight, forward, barking & snarling & damn near pulling this guy off his feet!

I decided that a hasty retreat might be in order, but as we passed about 5 yards away from them I distinctly heard (over the GSD's snarling) "Bloody Bull dogs! Why can't people walk em elsewhere!"

Had their dog not been so aggressive, and if Dempsey hadn't by then been straining (silently) to get to it, I'd have responded, but as it was I thought it best to just move on.

Bloody cheek!

Back to top Go down

Rant about a GSD... Empty Re: Rant about a GSD...

Post by Steve Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:02

Rolling Eyes some people.... are really are clueless

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:04

It was only afterwards that I wondered what would have happened if they hadn't been able to hold this GSD! It was a real big un, and far more aggressive than Dempsey - to be honest, I don't think poor Dempsey would've stood a chance! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:09

Well by putting your bull dog on a lead so that circumstances didn't worsen was a very selfish thing to do!

Stigmas and breeds, and I no you are passionate about your GSD, probably best you did stay stum Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 20:12

Yes, I love GSDs, I've owned two (plus a GSD X) and they're fantastic dogs. In the right hands.

I just couldn't believe it. i thought the guys were going to apologise or something, but I should've known better.....after all, my bull dog was obviously to blame!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 22:08

I just don't get it, even when it's their dog that is the instigator.... how can they still try to blame the bully? I honestly don't think these kind of people are educated enough to own a dog of any breed, because they either don't have any clue of dog body language, or they are just completely bias against bullys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 10:26

Unbelievable! You sort of expect that attitude from owners of smaller breeds, all they see is a strong muscular dog, but you would think the owner of a large strong breed would show a little more sense

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Dec 17 2011, 18:54

To see what a GSD is capable of check out "Rockys wounds" on page 2 of the gallery. I have always been a fan of them they are lovely intellegent dogs but I don't like to see my little boy injured. It was the same thing, the GSD started things off and of course Rocky got the blame for doing nothing but defending himself slightly.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down