Rachel33
janey
Dan330
Staffy lover
8 posters

Go down

I got to stop Empty I got to stop

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 07:57

I've been a bit ott the last few days. Cant stop thinking of all the Staffy's in rescue. I've been so bad, that i've fallen out with people, I'm having trouble sleeping, even got myself blocked from a FB page. I really think i've gone mad. That video done my head in, then seeing people selling their staffy's for pennies, makes me sooooooooo mad. One girl really * me off. Selling her bitch, which is fine tbh, but no, today this made me crack, I said, along with a few others that she should vet the new owner, but no, i had to keep on, sent her the video, really over the top, to the point i could knock myself out. I could never work in a rescue, i'd be hunting people down. This isnt healthy, Sad
I'm very disappointed in my self. What made me angry with this girl, i got an inbox after just suggest she home check. The inbox was from a rescue worker who knew her. She said i should be carefull as the family are allway's getting dogs and they'll rob you as good as look at you. This made me worse. Im thinking of stepping back for a while as all these stories are driving me crazy......... angry

Back to top Go down

I got to stop Empty Re: I got to stop

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 08:26

I know it can all get very frustrating, but if it is really affecting you that much maybe you should take a break from watching all the bad videos and watch some of the success stories the ones that have a happily ever after.. We all love dogs here with a passion, it's just a shame not everyone feels the same about their dogs as we all do Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 08:28

Kelly, you need to take care. Being concerned is one thing, and very commendable. But you can't save the world on your own!

Step back a bit & realise that you can only do so much, and be proud of yourself that you do do anything at all.

Try seeing some of the good things that are happening...the dogs that have happy ever after endings, the people who are good to their dogs, the videos that show wonderfully happy dogs with their new forever-home owners!

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Oct 30 2012, 09:10

Kelly I have to agree too. You cant save all the staffies. Pixee is my first ever staffie, boy I love her to bits, and like you I wish I could save all the staffies. But I cant, and I have to remember, theres other people who also need me, my family. At least Pixee has a loving home with us and that is what counts, its another staffie that has been given a chance.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan330 Tue Oct 30 2012, 09:14

Should have taken the blue pill. Wink
Dan330
Dan330
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Monty
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 10:08

I agree guy's, i over think everything, i cant save the world or change it, just going to concentrate on Kenny and the world sort it's self out , and take a little blue pill Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 12:08

You can't save everyone, nor can you help/change people that aren't willing to change. It's very easy to get frustrated and angry about something you care so much about, but when it's negatively affecting you like that, you need to take some time to relax and focus on the good things (in your life and in the world in general), give yourself some you time, at least for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 16:24

Thanks Guy's, i feel really shitting, this is so not like me Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 16:26

Get some Rescue Remedy - it might help with high levels of anxiety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 16:43

Good for you for trying. If everyone was a passionate as you we would not have these problems. But................ try and not take it too much to heart. Personally, I just dont wach those videos or really tragic stories. Frankly I cant cope with the feling of utter helplessness I get and it is far too depressing. Just do my bit by supporting the rescue centers aroun here as much as I can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 21:34

*Lynne* wrote:Good for you for trying. If everyone was a passionate as you we would not have these problems. But................ try and not take it too much to heart. Personally, I just dont wach those videos or really tragic stories. Frankly I cant cope with the feling of utter helplessness I get and it is far too depressing. Just do my bit by supporting the rescue centers aroun here as much as I can.
Thanks Lyn, thats what im going to do. I think it all began around the time that dog Bella went missing. I got involved with the search, it went on for weeks, searching, checking selling sites, putting up posters, phoneing vets and getting to know a few people from the rescue's. It brought to light how many problems there are around dogs. I think i've mentally burned myself out. Crying or Very sad
Im feeling a bit *, as i feel like i was putting presure on this lady, and i had no right too.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 30 2012, 21:42

Hey hun, breathe Xx

Seeing rescues and what happens to strays, unwanted, kenneled dogs is tough, but don't take it upon yourself
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Tue Oct 30 2012, 22:05

It's a really overwhelming place to be, I know when I first started working in kennels I was a mess, I still think about work an awful lot more than I should but the thing that I found most helpful was to logically figure out what I could do as one person to help, without it taking over my whole life, and I stuck to it.

It's so lovely that you care, but as others said you can't save the world and you're going to make yourself ill in trying to do so. Try and take a step back for a few days, give yourself allocated time to dedicate to volunteering or helping rescues if that's what you want to do, and you feel that you can cope with it, and then close your mind off and go about your life in the way that you usually would. Take a breath, take your lovely boy for a walk and relax Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 22:13

Thanks for your support guy's, it means alot. xxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Tue Oct 30 2012, 22:15

Hope you're feeling a bit better xx
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Tue Oct 30 2012, 22:59

Kelly,have you considered joining a local church ?you could be amongst people you know are available for support.I used to be a care assistant 1st to the elderly then to children,the jobs caused me to breakdown because like you I cared too much,I went and did some volunteering at a church and soon I was fighting fit and ready to help others,but you need to care for yourself 1st before you can help anybody or anything
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Oct 31 2012, 00:15

Kelly your a diamond angel if you changed one persons perseption by posting as you do then you are making a difference however small. Never give up the fight for the staffy but keep a level head. Theres no way you can save them all breeding is unfortunatly a way of making money and whilst thats so we will have this problem. Crying or Very sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 08:26

I do need to do something, i really do feel ill. I love people and dogs, i just wish people would care more. Yes, there's alot of good out there, but all i can see atm is bad. It's draining. I really shouldn't say, but i will, as people may understand where im coming from. I have Bi-polar disorder. The way im acting now, i think is im heading high, irriatable high. I tend to get ideas i think are brilliant, go all out on them until i break, thats where i am now. Im seeing my docter today, as i cant seem to level off. I've also started a new job, so need to be well. Thanks for your kind words. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Oct 31 2012, 09:26

kenny d wrote:I do need to do something, i really do feel ill. I love people and dogs, i just wish people would care more. Yes, there's alot of good out there, but all i can see atm is bad. It's draining. I really shouldn't say, but i will, as people may understand where im coming from. I have Bi-polar disorder. The way im acting now, i think is im heading high, irriatable high. I tend to get ideas i think are brilliant, go all out on them until i break, thats where i am now. Im seeing my docter today, as i cant seem to level off. I've also started a new job, so need to be well. Thanks for your kind words. Smile

love and thoughts are with you
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Wed Oct 31 2012, 09:52

Hi Kelly, I think its very brave of you to discuss your problems the way you have been doing, and I do hope it has a cathartic effect, people on this forum are so willing to listen and the advice they have given you I'm sure is beneficial. You dont have to feel you are on your own, anytime you are feeling this way just log on and I'm sure members of the Forum will respond ASAP

All the Best

Anne.

Panda
Panda

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 10:55

thanks Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 11:00

kenny d wrote: I really shouldn't say, but i will, as people may understand where im coming from. I have Bi-polar disorder.

A really close friend (a monk, in fact) has bi polar. It's an awful illness & I really do sympathise. I think you need to tell your GP what you're going through; I know pills aren't always the answer, but they can help so much when you reach those excessive highs or lows.

Don't forget, if you need to talk - we're here! >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Wed Oct 31 2012, 11:35

Yes its not a very nice illness. Doctors is what you need and a good old chat about your feelings, as like all said, you know where we are. Hugs to you. >Big Grin<
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 20:53

Been to doc's, I was told to just take it easy, cocentrate on myself, keep up with meds and to see cpn. Im just trying to chill out a bit, thanks for kind words xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 21:05

Glad you've been to the doc Kelly, take notice of what he/she advises and also to the posts above - they all make a lot of sense and everyone cares for you and is here for you. Take care OF YOURSELF hun (no-one can change the world) group hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31 2012, 21:56

Thanks every1, you advice is most app Smile riated and valued (cant spell) lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Oct 31 2012, 22:18

I van shate a bit of your pain hun and its not nice.. The other day i was told about a dog in resuce. A female image of my marley who had come in after her owner had died. Im still thinking of her now and wishing i could help. But truth is i cant.....and it pisses me right off. agood dog through no fault of her own in a home awaiting rescue...hurts like hell as i want hed so bad but just cant
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01 2012, 13:33

There are times I have to step back and avoid reading all the stories as well because it just gets too much. It's good you recognised you were becoming unwell and went to the Dr. CPN's are brilliant for help and support.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down