She does'nt know when to stop......

3 posters

Go down

She does'nt know when to stop...... Empty She does'nt know when to stop......

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 14:27

Now that the weather is a bit cooler here in WA i've started taking RoXy back to the dog park while I wait for my daughters to do there dance classes.
She just luuuuurvs the dog park coz she gets to meet and play with so many dogs,and also get a bit spoilt by the owners too.
My question is......how long would you suggest is a good length of time for her to be running around and playing......constantly chasing dogs, jumping, tumbling, chasing the ball and playing fetch etc........
There is always plenty of water available and it is not in the heat of the day. She just does'nt know when to stop, she just goes and goes and goes.
She will lay down in a patch of sand to cool her belly and have a breather but less than a minute later she's powering around again.

How much is too much?????

Back to top Go down

She does'nt know when to stop...... Empty Re: She does'nt know when to stop......

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 14:30

well i guess its alot for your pooch. Lemmy can run round and carry on for quite some time Lottie is the one that gives in first. The trick is for you not to let her over do it. She may feel fine while she's doing it but its like us its the after effects of over exercise that is the killer bless her she may be all stiff in the morning

Back to top Go down

She does'nt know when to stop...... Empty Re: She does'nt know when to stop......

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 14:33

_julie_ wrote:well i guess its alot for your pooch. Lemmy can run round and carry on for quite some time Lottie is the one that gives in first. The trick is for you not to let her over do it. She may feel fine while she's doing it but its like us its the after effects of over exercise that is the killer bless her she may be all stiff in the morning

Yeah, that's why I'm asking coz I don't want her to over do it ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Feb 14 2012, 14:41

I wouldnt worry too much when its just general play TBH, they have amazing reserve's of energy dont they Big Grin .. and yeah they will keep going till they drop!! as you said there is plenty of drinking water, and obviously good food when they get home to recover, so as long as she dosent get too hot, and is happy, all should be good Big Grin

Tho the same dosent apply if they are working in any way IMO, they are just as eager to keep going, but when Max is dragging a weight for example, I monitor him pretty closley, so he dosent over do it, and put warm down play inbetween bouts of pulling Big Grin (by the way, he dosent see it as working, thats just what I call it Big Grin .. to him its just another game Laughing )
Andy
Andy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 14:50

we take them up to the field to play off lead and they are usualy running and bounding for a good half and hour which i thought would be ok if it is none stop play it is the walks that are longer

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Feb 14 2012, 15:44

The longer the better for Moo, gives me a little peace in the evenings Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 15:54

Lisa, please can RoXy send me some of her energy! Big Grin

I was worn out just reading what she gets up to!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 19:28

Lol, Lisa Tyson is exactly the same as RoXy. I recon that he would play until he dropped if I let him and this after and hour's walk. I usually only go to the park after 5.00pm here in summer and I let him play for about 45 minutes. Sometimes he is so tired he keeps plopping down on the short 4 block walk home.

He jumps strait into his paddling pool when we get home and then lies snoozing on the cool tile floor inside until dinner time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 19:32

Loopy wrote:She will lay down in a patch of sand to cool her belly and have a breather but less than a minute later she's powering around again.
How much is too much?????

You've actually answered your own question. She'll lay down & rest for a minute & then get going again!

I wouldn't recommend it every day, but three or four times a week isn't a problem. Most dogs, if left to their own devises (I don't mean pups) will regulate their own levels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Tue Feb 14 2012, 21:24

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 03:01; edited 1 time in total

Pado
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
She does'nt know when to stop...... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 23:46

Suki is the same way. As long as it isn't too hot we usually just let her go until she is tired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down