Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods?

+8
Panda
les0790
Rachel33
Koyah.16
PygmyParrot
Kathy
pongy
miss_yell
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods? - Page 2 Empty Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods?

Post by miss_yell Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:41

First topic message reminder :

I used to love this man but ever since I watched this footage my mind has completely changed. How many of you agree/disagree with him and why?

https://www.youtube.com/v/KuinToBgUco
miss_yell
miss_yell
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 16:03

bullsmommy1 wrote:im going to say... i love the guy. ok his methods are a little ruough, But i dont think in the seasons ive watched that ive actually seen one dog yelp/scream in pain,? (am i wrong)? also IF he was Such an awful trainer, why has he managed 9 series? and in them 9 series i dont think he failed to fix ONE case.. i say think, as i havent yet completed watching all series. BUT if someone can come accross a video where a dog yelps from his 'touch; method. i'll happily agree that he is causing them harm.

You've obviously not seen the video 'outakes' of him kicking dogs?

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods?

Post by PygmyParrot Fri Oct 26 2012, 16:04

I don't think he would make as much money if they showed the footage of him failing, he's a media product now therefore we won't get to see him warts and all.
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Fri Oct 26 2012, 16:08

I still can't get past the food aggression video I saw where he got bitten (through his own fault) and he hit the dog in that one. The show isn't a true picture, it can be edited and re-edited and any sort of picture painted that will sell sell sell.
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 16:21

bullsmommy1 wrote:im going to say... i love the guy. ok his methods are a little ruough, But i dont think in the seasons ive watched that ive actually seen one dog yelp/scream in pain,? (am i wrong)? also IF he was Such an awful trainer, why has he managed 9 series? and in them 9 series i dont think he failed to fix ONE case.. i say think, as i havent yet completed watching all series. BUT if someone can come accross a video where a dog yelps from his 'touch; method. i'll happily agree that he is causing them harm.

I think that's where the "fake" comes into it.. I really don't think it helps the "brand" to air his many failures.. And maybe the parts aired don't show the dogs yelping in pain, but they definately show them intimidated by him and scared, which has to make you think about the parts that were edited out..

Back to top Go down

Post by miss_yell Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:30

Go to the top of the thread Ive posted a vid
miss_yell
miss_yell

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Fri Oct 26 2012, 20:15

Yes. I watched the video. You make it sounds like he tortures. Ok he has his own way of training, he's got more money than any of you can dream of, so really who are we to question his job? If you don't like the way he does things fair enough don't watch, he isn't saying YOU have to use those techniques on your dogs. I personally haven't had any problems with the touch technique on MY dog. He responds, it doesn't hurt him. So why shouldn't people be allowed to raise there dog how they chose too ?
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 20:41

OMG. Are you really saying that what he does is right because he has more money than me? I really cannot believe you have said that!

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Fri Oct 26 2012, 21:55

NO Caryll I'm saying I'm pretty sure he knows How to do HIS job. Someone said earlier they saw someone in the park using his 'touch technique' and it doesn't work? Well that will be why he says at the start and end of every episode don't attempt his techniques without consulting a professional. If people are to thick to understand that it's there hard luck.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 22:18

No, I'm sorry, the reason that his methods don't work is because they are flawed. They do not work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 22:52

bullsmommy1 wrote:NO Caryll I'm saying I'm pretty sure he knows How to do HIS job. Someone said earlier they saw someone in the park using his 'touch technique' and it doesn't work? Well that will be why he says at the start and end of every episode don't attempt his techniques without consulting a professional. If people are to thick to understand that it's there hard luck.

What you must remember is that his show is all very controlled. No matter how aggressive a dog is, if another dog (like the ones he brings in eg big daddy) totally ignore, the dog will be more likely to listen to the handler. If the dogs he was using as bait were also highly aggressive his method would not have an iota of difference. I know this from personal experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Fri Oct 26 2012, 22:59

Absolutely. Which is why he uses daddy or junior which you can't deny are perfectly raised. He knows 100% that he can rely on his dogs to help him. Does that really sound like a owner, trainer who doesn't care about dogs to you? Now I'm not saying his methods should be used by everyone, we all raise our dogs how we know best. However I had very bad problems with bulley and his methods worked on him. So if that makes me a bad owner. That's your opinions Smile
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 23:02

I think i would rather see his methods work in the situations that actually arise, not in made up ones. Also the place on the neck he uses to make a god look like it is walking nice is the place that is the hardest to break, one mistake and a yank and he could snap it. Like i said before, we are not dogs, so we can't act like a dog to them. They know we are not dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Fri Oct 26 2012, 23:18

Well I now have one behaved dog. He doesn't lunge for dogs, he isn't protective of food he stops at a 'touch' so I can say it IS thanks to cesar that my dogs not been pts.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 00:00

bullsmommy1 wrote:Well I now have one behaved dog. He doesn't lunge for dogs, he isn't protective of food he stops at a 'touch' so I can say it IS thanks to cesar that my dogs not been pts.

Yet there are many dogs that have gotten worse because of his methods. It depends on the owner moreso than anything else; if you take on his outlook on dog behaviour but decide you're not going to cause your dog any physical or mental discomfort, then it could work without any negative effects, which I've seen in a few dogs. But people are often too stupid and narrow-minded to think that way. Usually they'll copy something as they see it, so they'll try to imitate this guy that's been doing what he's been doing for a long time, and it ends up making things worse, for them and the dog. You can be assertive and let your dog know you're the boss (if you believe in that stuff) without resorting to confrontation and physical dominance, which is what he often does. Not always, but often.

So I think if people genuinely believe in the idea that dogs need a dominant pack leader, then they can do so without the harsh methods that he uses.

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sat Oct 27 2012, 00:09

Well. That's the problem. People continue reinforcing his techniques with there dogs, and clearly are not doing it correctly. If I thought it would hurt my dog iwouldnt do it would I.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 01:09

bullsmommy1 wrote: Does that really sound like a owner, trainer who doesn't care about dogs to you?

I've never said that. He does love his dogs & he does have a certain 'way' with dogs. It's just that his training methods are out dated and often cruel. He does kick dogs, he does punch dogs. I've seen the video evidence. He calls it a corrective 'touch'. It's a kick and a punch. You don't see it on the tv because he doesn't want you to see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sat Oct 27 2012, 03:00

i think he is like marmite .....you either love him or hate him lol
his methods obviously do work BUT how do you say or convey to the viewer how hard the touch needs to be , now my mum who is not a dog owner watched his programme to try and help with some training with TROUBLE and she told me about this TAPPING with the foot , i thought it was the most bizarre thing but i tried it and failed my leg just not long enough , and i just said to my mum how can you do that in a controlled way what if for say like my dog was going crazy for a cat leaping about and i went to do the TAPPING with my foot only for it not to end being a tap but regrettably a bit harder i would then 1. could cause some kind of internal bleeding 2. instil a fear of me 3. risk my leg being bitten .

VICTORIA STILLWELL has much better methods in my opinion

roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sat Oct 27 2012, 09:45

Well. That's why he says 'Don't try these techniques without consulting a professional' so simple! If you did it too hard and caused internal bleeding. You obviously didn't consult that professional.. I agree love him or hate him! Well. I love him. So I'll say no more on the matter!
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:13

no i never got to do anything as my legs are too short to even do what he does , i was just saying it could happen that way if someone did it harder than intended , i certainly would never harm my beautiful furry baby
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Do you agree with Ceasar Millan's training methods? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:17

I saw a video put together of his leg 'taps'. He was lifting the dogs off the ground with them. That's a kick.

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:24

I saw a video 80 seconds wasn't it. Says it all really he's cruel but yet he's done 9 series clearly people like him. We'll agree to disagree, use the touches correct,y and they work. They did on bulley he was very dog aggressive he's calmed a lot since. But I suppose that's because I'm kicking fear into him right.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:34

I really don't know how hard you're 'touching' to be able to answer that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:41

As with most CM threads this is getting beyond a calm discussion, so I think it ought to be locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2