Bad skin ? what to use?

3 posters

Go down

Bad skin ? what to use? Empty Bad skin ? what to use?

Post by gemmaz1 Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:04

My staffy has started getting bad skin. He scratches alot and has what looks like dandruff. He has got a few patches which he digs alot and have scabbed up (Base of his tail at the top of his legs underneath). I have flea treated him so don't think it's that. I was just wandering if anyone knows of a good shampoo, cream or medication for skin problems. I will take him vets if I need to but obviously it will be cheaper to treat it myself if I can.

gemmaz1
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Bad skin ? what to use? Empty Re: Bad skin ? what to use?

Post by Cyril baby Sat Oct 13 2012, 16:57

What are you feeding him on? This looks like it could be an allergy to something, if it is an allergy nothing you put on with help, you need to find out what he is allergic to, good luck with that. Big Grin

I would get a vet to check it is an allergy, keep a dairy of everything he eats and does, were you go etc. the more information you put in the dairy the quicker you will work out what he is allergic to.

Many dogs are allergic to some foods, most cereals especially wheat, all dairy products, some are allergic to cow meat as well both raw and cooked. Grass is another that a dog is often allergic to.

Many dogs are allergic to flea treatments as well, so be careful how often you use these.
Cyril baby
Cyril baby
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bad skin ? what to use? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13 2012, 17:59

gemmaz1 wrote:My staffy has started getting bad skin. He scratches alot and has what looks like dandruff. He has got a few patches which he digs alot and have scabbed up (Base of his tail at the top of his legs underneath). I have flea treated him so don't think it's that. I was just wandering if anyone knows of a good shampoo, cream or medication for skin problems. I will take him vets if I need to but obviously it will be cheaper to treat it myself if I can.

As CyrilBaby says first you need to try and work out what it is before you can think about how you treat it. Has anything recently changed , food ?? where you go for a walk ?? different powder for washing bedding ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Sat Oct 13 2012, 20:12

my Jellybean has mange and from what I read, that sounds exactly like mange, at least from what I read when I googled it. just a thought. she has the same-ish thing. might want to go right away for a scrape for mites.

Girly
Girly
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bad skin ? what to use? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jellybean
Dog(s) Ages : born 6 Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down