Hit and Run Drivers!!

5 posters

Go down

Hit and Run Drivers!! Empty Hit and Run Drivers!!

Post by Dizzy_staff Thu Jan 20 2011, 00:07

On the way home I see one of my mates standing at the side of the road with hazard lights on his car on. I stopped to see what was the matter and the car in front of him had run over a cat and just driven off. We moved her to the side of the road but she was already dead Sad Anyway, he didnt see the car that did it, it just swerved and sped off. Well he had to get to an appointment so I said i would go and knock the doors on the road to find out whose it was. It was the second house I tried and I think it was one of the hardest things I had to do, to tell a family with 2 kids that their cat had been run over. I had tears in my eyes while I was telling the mum.
People who just drive off after doing that are so heartless, it made me so angry I was shaking. I know accidents happen, I've had a few near misses with cats myself, especially when they hide under cars, but to just drive off with not a care in the world?? mad
I hope you all had a better day than I did x
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy, Taz
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Hit and Run Drivers!! Empty Re: Hit and Run Drivers!!

Post by janey Thu Jan 20 2011, 00:14

Zoe thats horrid what a pants day, nice one that you found the home, people won't stop and far less care to fing its family and let them know. You did a great thing , and as being a none driver myself have never been in the predicament, but you did a great thing and well the driver, I believe in karma.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jan 20 2011, 00:57

Awww some people are heartless , its so sad when a healthy animal gets killed like this im glad you were there for the families sake at least. I had a cat a few years ago I rescued her as the owner decided he was going to drown her as they were having a baby loser
Anyway she had a great healthy life but in her final 12 months she started acting strange and when I came home in the car she would run in front of it so I had to park up down the lane get the cat into the house then put the car on the drive. One day someone knocked on the door and said she had run over my cat I asked her in checked the cat the woman asked did I feed her cause she was so thin I nearly smacked her one. My cat was 27 but still looked young, sadly I had to have her pts 2 months later she had kidney failure it broke my heart but I had her 24 years xxxx
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 05:10

Gosh Gem that is a fare age.. my cat was 23 when my dad hit him Sad
He was Deaf and didnt hear the car and ran out under it.. broke my dads heart too.
He was a lucky old thing... our GSD had him pinned quiet a few times and he cheated death with them too lol

Back to the original post.. DISGUSTING.. to say the least !

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jan 20 2011, 10:01

Yes she was a very old girl and when I had her pts it didnt feel right as she could still climb the 7ft gate but she was just skin and bone and I dont really blame the woman for accusing me of starving her it just wasnt nice to hear. Me and the vet tried everything to put weight on but her thyroid wasnt working and her kidneys were failing fast so it was the kindest thing to do in the end and saved her from suffering x
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy_staff Thu Jan 20 2011, 10:15

I believe in Karma too Janey, sometimes I think I must have done some really bad stuff in a former life! The only slight comfort I took in the whole thing was that from what I saw she died instantly, I wouldn't have been able to cope if she was suffering.
Gem I'm sorry to hear about your kitty cat x
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jan 20 2011, 10:16

Well I hope it was painless. And you did a great thing by finding the owners x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 10:18

Strange, isn't it, how if someone runs over an animal they don't consider it worth stopping for?

Years ago, when I was going out with a boy I really liked, he was driving me home & ran over a cat. I demanded that we stop & we were 2 streets down before he agreed, I'd had such a go at him. I went back & found the poor thing, dead I'm afraid. I too knocked on doors till I found the owner, and although they were really upset they were grateful that I'd told them so they could get the body & bury it in their garden.

I finished with that boy when he got me home that night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 10:54

Caryll wrote:Strange, isn't it, how if someone runs over an animal they don't consider it worth stopping for?

Years ago, when I was going out with a boy I really liked, he was driving me home & ran over a cat. I demanded that we stop & we were 2 streets down before he agreed, I'd had such a go at him. I went back & found the poor thing, dead I'm afraid. I too knocked on doors till I found the owner, and although they were really upset they were grateful that I'd told them so they could get the body & bury it in their garden.

I finished with that boy when he got me home that night.

i dont know why but iv known people that have said you dont have to stop for a cat as there classed as vermin and ferral so should know better but if you hit a dog a drive off you can be prosicuted at they dont know better ????

some people have verry poor ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 10:55

In the law, that's true. Cats are classed as feral. But morally, how can anyone not stop?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy_staff Thu Jan 20 2011, 11:15

Caryll wrote:In the law, that's true. Cats are classed as feral. But morally, how can anyone not stop?

I guess they must just be a different breed to us Caryll. I had to go and find the owner as a) I thought it was the right thing to do and b) it was on the road where the school is and I know most of the kids walk that way, thats the last thing they need to see.
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 11:19

I know, and any right-thinking person would do the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 11:21

Zoe you did a great thing.. horrible for you but the right thing..
just think of those kids and what they would have seen... not something that they would have coped with either
x

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Thu Jan 20 2011, 22:11

You did a good thing Dizzy. I used to have a beautiful cat named Pearl. She was different that one! but that's another story. I had a friend visiting from Korea and I was out of the house when my friend rang me to say that Pearl had been run over. A man had ran over her and had then knocked on the door to tell the owner. When he found out that I wasn't in, he left his number for me to call him.

I rang to thank him for leaving his number but he wasn't in. I spoke to his wife instead. She said that her husband had been shattered after running over my cat. I found that to be very comforting, that someone would take the time to try to contact me and say sorry, not sorry for running over her (as it was not the car driver's fault) but sorry that it had happened.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jan 20 2011, 22:44

Ive gotta say there are some people out there that care and some that dont
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 20 2011, 22:56

There is no excuse......but nice one Zoe......never nice being the bearer of bad news.....but it is worse when you don't know whats happened. Like you said at least they have the chance to bury the cat in the garden and have a proper send off

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Fri Jan 21 2011, 21:57

I know they are heartless a client at my work partner had this happen to him just after christmas he had a terrier type dog and had tied it up outside the shop on his estate just while he called in to get a paper when he came out the dog had slipped its collar and had ran off towards the road and a white van driver doing about 40 on an estate with kids cam speeding round and hit it stopped for a sec and just drove off how heartless can people be
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down