Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog

Go down

Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog Empty Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15 2010, 21:11

Hi I thought others could use this as well so started another topic?.

When is the best time to introduce Holly to Titan?

Is it ok to let Holly play with other dogs if you know they have had all their shots and are up to date with worming etc.? i have a neighbour with a gentle giant of a Lab, and next door has a foxy...

Titan is most def up to date with his shots and anything else.

I really want them to get along as we would like to leave her with my sister if we decide to go away at easter time.
thanks
mel

Back to top Go down

Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog Empty Re: Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15 2010, 21:13

Mel

Milly came home and was introduced to Lady straight away had a few issues at first but think Lady was just a bit unsure as was Milly, they are great now still have the occasional tiff but that is just Lady putting Milly in her place (the old girl knows whats best) Laughing

Back to top Go down

Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog Empty Re: Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15 2010, 21:17

I was told by my vet that as long as the dog plays with another vaccinated dog, and they are not on public ground where infections could be lurking then it's ok.

I'd wait a couple of days to let Holly settle a little & then take her out & about for a little walk, held in your arms. Once she's used to that, then you can introduce her to other dogs, preferably the gentlest, most patient ones first. Let them sniff each other as calmly as poss until they're ok with each other & then let them free & see how they get on. Always keep a close eye on play in case one or other starts to get irritable or tired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15 2010, 21:23

The Lab next door is just beautiful.. she is a treasure.. my kids think they own half of her cause she is always going between mine and the neighbour yard... I will post a pic of her is is a gentle giant ..
Thanks for that info.. I thought it was ok as long as they were trusted in having their shots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 15 2010, 21:28

Mel Skora wrote:The Lab next door is just beautiful.. she is a treasure.. my kids think they own half of her cause she is always going between mine and the neighbour yard... I will post a pic of her is is a gentle giant ..
Thanks for that info.. I thought it was ok as long as they were trusted in having their shots.

I will not be able to show the pic to Milly she may do a runner Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 00:34

[img]Best time to introduce a puppy to an adult dog C8aaac9b[/img]

This is Jessie... our neighbours dog.. having a swim in our pool Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 09:23

Now if you showed me the pool before I might have not got the first flight back.

He looks like a great dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 21:25

You would hate the Pool.... it is only 29-30" on most days....

And He is a She... lol.. Jessie is the nicest old gal you could meet Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 16 2010, 21:29

Right, enough with the beaches, pools and blue skys,we all have slushy nasty snow and -degrees!!!! No need to rub it in Surprised
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 21:29

Mel Skora wrote:You would hate the Pool.... it is only 29-30" on most days....

Is that all? Freezing, isn't it? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 21:35

LOL... It is so nice when your kids are skinny runts and they get cold so quick.
with it solar heated the hot water runs off the roof for 3 mins every hour and it doesnt take long to heat the water.
My kids have a ball in there and at times are in there for 4-5 hours without a break Smile
Sleep like angels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 21:37

*jealous!* no talking

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 16 2010, 21:37

Enough already!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 21:43

wave From Sunny Oz.....

If it makes you feel any better it is over cast today lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 16 2010, 22:11

Mel Skora wrote:You would hate the Pool.... it is only 29-30" on most days....

Over here we call that the swimming baths

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 16 2010, 22:41

Mel Skora wrote: wave From Sunny Oz.....

If it makes you feel any better it is over cast today lol

Yer thanks wave hi from a blooming freezing uk!!!!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down