Advice needed before me and kaos seriously fall out! lol

Go down

Advice needed before me and kaos seriously fall out! lol Empty Advice needed before me and kaos seriously fall out! lol

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 15:56

Kaos is 6 months now and boy are we gonna fall out soon.....
He litterally doesnt listen to a single thing and everything is on his terms, he's over excitable too the point where strangers cant get in the front door with him jumping etc, he's constantley provoking Ty to play fightning, he snorts, grunts, yelps and is seriously doing my head in. All advice i normally give i have done already and has spent most of the last week in his crate coz he just wont calm down! Im at a loss..... Sad He's also started messing in the kitchen and has not done that since 13/14 weeks ish.
HELP! x

Back to top Go down

Advice needed before me and kaos seriously fall out! lol Empty Re: Advice needed before me and kaos seriously fall out! lol

Post by niff Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:00

could just be a phase , shady went through a nightmare phase ,
has he got his bits still ? maybe tesostrone surge ? really all i can come up with sorry
niff
niff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Advice needed before me and kaos seriously fall out! lol Empty Re: Advice needed before me and kaos seriously fall out! lol

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:03

lol yea he's got his bits and bobs lol i was wondering wether it was a testosterone thing as well, he's just a demon dog at the mo! Testing my patience is a understatement!!! Thanks anyway lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:09

What are you feeding him on? You might want to look at lowering the protein levels a little (a lot!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:11

Kuma has started doing this with female dogs ? snorting wanting to chew there faces off but just playing.. Could it be the alfa dog thing poping up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:16

Chewing faces is just a way of playing, a lot of them do that. Dempsey's friend Pneuma (GSD) used to do that to Dempsey, but recently she's stopped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:18

Aww a thought it was her way of flirting cause the males like it and have tried to have a go, ones with out there bits Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:20

Blaze, do you have anything against feeding tripe? It's good for them & lower in protein than a lot of other meats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 16:26

No im willing to try anything lol they are both fed jwb at the mo..... x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 19:21

he's hitting sexual maturity and it wont stop until about 8 months. his mind is not his own he doesn't know what to do with himself, you could either get him the snip. low protein food and alot mroe exercise or wait it out until he has matured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 19:54

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha im going thro the same thing memphis is not the dog a know and love at the moment he is just so full of man beans (hormones)he been like that for a week now and he is just drivin me up the wall he wont listin he pushing for domanance looking and growling but backs down when i tell him off he to is spending a lot of noughty time out in his crate a knew as soon as he started what it was as iv seen it before in my other dogs.

so blaze your not alone we will get thro this lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:42

thanks god 4 that i feel soooo much better knowing memphis is going through the same thing! Although i got Ty at 6 months he was NEVER like this and we had him about a month before he got the snip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:51

blaze666 wrote:No im willing to try anything lol they are both fed jwb at the mo..... x

MissRogue wrote:he's hitting sexual maturity and it wont stop until about 8 months. his mind is not his own he doesn't know what to do with himself, you could either get him the snip. low protein food and alot mroe exercise or wait it out until he has matured.

I honestly don't think it's totally the hormones thing. Yes, it could be playing a part, but the hormones don't normally induce hyperactivity, just challenging behaviour. I didn't get it too much with Bandit, but Dempsey was a pain in the a**e! I switched him from beef to tripe & the behaviour calmed considerably within 48 hours. I'm not saying that's definitely what's wrong, but it's worth a try. I won't give Dempsey beef now, other than beef hearts or kidneys - it sends him loopy, and 27kilos of loopy isn't funny! ~angry

Getting the snip now may reduce the challenging behaviour, but not the hyperactivity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:58

Ok thanks for the tip caryll, i am going to buy some tripe tomorrow and give it a go and just see if it helps. He will be castrated after xmas anyway end jan/start of feb but anything to get me through the next 2 months will be gratefully appreaiciated! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 20:59

he only slighty more hyper than normal becouse as every one knows staffys have bundles of energy and the hormons just top it off.
and blaze you might have got ty when he just gettin over the hormon surge (infact that might be why he was but in the shelter)

and caryll memphis wont touch tripe any more good foods to try???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 21:33

SO this behaviour looks to be more dominate in the Males? correct or did I miss read that?..
Any Females that are going thru this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 21:40

Males are generally more dominant than females, but that doesn't mean a female won't be!

Although tripe's good cause it's lower in protein, most meats are lower than beef!! I don't mean the fresh whole stomach, but a pack of frozen minced tripe? Lamb's a good alternative, and doesn't seem to cause so many allergies, but so is chicken or turkey as long as your dog can tolerate them. Have you tried cooking the tripe?

If you're using a dry food, have a look at the protein content in the ingredients, some of them are really high!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 12:11

I gave Charlie some fresh tripe from the butchers yesterday with his dry Wainwrights food. He absolutely loved it. He licked the bowl clean then sat looking at me expectantly. I've frozen it and will be giving it to him with one of his meals for the next couple days. I'm gonna get him some more on Friday. Gonna try him with some chicken wings next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down