Its Monday and I feel a rant coming on ......

3 posters

Go down

Its Monday and I feel a rant coming on ...... Empty Its Monday and I feel a rant coming on ......

Post by Irene Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:07

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that when walking their dogs they are walking an obstacle course ... today we walked to the park and I had to avoid dog poo all the way up and then we get to the park and I thought Id let Zac off his lead in the enclosed kids play section so we could do some training and there was broken glass everywhere! So I decide to walk back past the lake and the pathway there is full of duck poo!!!! ARGHHHH talk about a stressful walk LOL.

I know the duck poo is unavoidable but why do people let their dogs poo all over the pavement and just leave it there! Is it too much to ask that they pick it up? The best was when I was walking down the canal path with Zac and we walked past a dedicated bin for dog poo. Someone had gone to the trouble of picking their dog poo up and bagging it and then they just dumped the bag on the ground about 100 meters from the bin!!!!

The glass was another thing that annoyed me, not only could Zac cut himself but little children playing in there could also hurt themselves. I rang the Council when I got home so they can send someone out to clean it up. Unfortunately its not a one off and people just dont seen to care about the area they live in. Poor little Zac was having to body swerve everywhere today LOL

* deep breath * Rant over Smile xx

Irene
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Its Monday and I feel a rant coming on ...... Empty Re: Its Monday and I feel a rant coming on ......

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:16

I don't have too much of a problem with dog poo round here, most people seem to pick up after them. But broken glass in play areas (and everywhere else!) is often a problem & goose poo is a real pain in my local park - it has a resident population of about 30 Canada Geese!!!

Back to top Go down

Its Monday and I feel a rant coming on ...... Empty Re: Its Monday and I feel a rant coming on ......

Post by steve76 Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:19

we have the same problem here, weekends are the worst with people smashing beer bottle's on the path's, dog mess all over the place. the worst part is the street wardens give dog bag's out for free and people still don't use them. we even had an old lady stop us and say how happy she was seeing some people take responsibility for they're dogs mess as she had seen so many just leave it and walk away
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:22

Zac tries to eat the duck and goose poo and its so disgusting bleurghhhh sick 30 geese ... thats a whole lot of poo LOL

The broken glass tends to be around bus stops or the play areas ... bit of a nightmare but I dont know how you would stop it happening.

I cant believe people wont even use the free bags ... what is wrong with them?! arghhh my rant is starting up again LOL

Irene

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:26

Makes a bad name for all dog owners when people let their dogs sh*t all over the pavement and don't pick it up!
Saying that though, i'm very lucky in regards to poo picking, Romeo is very private and will back right into a bush or undergrowth to do his business. He wouldn't dream of doing on the pavement and tries to avoid doing it on grass verges! Tongues I hardly ever have to pick anything up!

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:33

Its a real pet peeve of mine ... Ive been known to shout over to people and ask them if they intend picking it up Smile

Neighbourhood Watch is now on the case about one particular pavement so I guess it wont be long before they are captured on video surveillance LOL!

Irene

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 23:48

I'm glad we don't have that problem here. There are a few people who don't clean up but not very many

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Mon Mar 05 2012, 23:54

jstaff wrote:I'm glad we don't have that problem here. There are a few people who don't clean up but not very many
you are lucky, we had a bunch of kids get in through a security gate(fat lot of good it is) get in to an open shed(the people just moved and dumped all the junk in there) grab a tin of paint and pour it all down the stairs and our housing association can't do anything till tomorrow and told us not to use it for tonight and the fire escape is full of human excrement so can't use that either. i want to move asap at wits end
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 00:02

Who poop on a fire escape thats just nasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 09:56

it annoys me when people dont clean up after their dogs. its not like its expensive use the carrier bags from the shops or get some nappy sacks they are only 69p for 150 so thats 150 walks if you only have one dog. as for the park and the glass. thats the drunks and junkies on a night. parks are suposed to be fun safe places for the kids to play not a health hazzard. our park has needles condoms and alsorts on the grassy area untill the park warden comes along to clean it all on a monring so you have to watch what the dogs pick up. its a dirgrace some of the younger ones today need a good slap. thats whats missing kids that have been dragged up with no moral or lawbiding compass having kids and bringing them up the same. they spoil it for the rest of the decent people on the planet

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Tue Mar 06 2012, 20:35

Thats awful about the fire escape .. why do people do that??!

I think you are right about the parks, its sad that you have to avoid all these things when you should be able to take your children or dogs out safely and not worry about them standing on glass or a needle!

Another thing that totally winds me up is the elastic bands that the postmen/women drop when they are delivering letters. I am constantly finding those red elastic bands on my drive! How hard is it to put it in your pocket? Zac immediately homes in on them - just sayin .... Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down