Julie the dog whisperer

3 posters

Go down

Julie the dog whisperer Empty Julie the dog whisperer

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:14

took lemmy out for his toilet walk this evening and we went passed the usual gates. one imparticular usualy has 2 golden retreivers on the other side and they always bark as we pass but other wise seemed ok. anyway tonight as we walked towards the gate i heard one bark but to my surprise it ran out of the gate and straight towards us. Surprised well you can imagine by horror thinking the worst. Lemmy the good boy heard me shout "hey no stop" and sat to heel the goldie stopped in its tracks so i shouted "go home" and it backed up a couple of steps. i thought ooohhhh!!!! this is good so i told it to go home again and it backed up another couple of steps. all the time lemmy is sat to heel. the owner of the goldie came out and saw what was going on and looked at me and said "hu you can come again why does he always do as someone else tells him but ignores me" to which i replied "i dunno but this one sat here is usualy either all giddy and wanting to play or growly and pulling at his lead so i aint complaining about either dog" Laughing i then just calmly walked away and continued on our walk. we passed the same garden on the way back and i saw the fella again. he said that he hates visitors who dont have kids or dogs cos they always leave the gate open when they go. its right they do. no harm done lemmy was a good boy (i still cant get over that with him am still shocked) and the goldie was a good boy too. lemmy is scaring me for his good behaviour whose swapped my dog Laughing

Back to top Go down

Julie the dog whisperer Empty Re: Julie the dog whisperer

Post by steve76 Fri Feb 24 2012, 00:19

Laughing they have they're moments, everyday marley does something that leaves us thinking "where the heck did he learn that"
steve76
steve76
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Fri Feb 24 2012, 01:13

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 02:30; edited 1 time in total

Pado
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Julie the dog whisperer Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 01:32

yay well done!!! never hurts to tell another dog NO before something escalates!

I was surprised actually when I was walking Russell once when he was very little and we walked past a house where they usually have their big male staffy chained up in the car port - well he was not chained up this time and came running for us (not aggressively though) and there was a road in between and a car coming, so I put my hand up as a stop signal to the dog and I said NO GO HOME! and he did just that! haha i was amazed!!

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Fri Feb 24 2012, 02:47

russdogmum wrote:yay well done!!! never hurts to tell another dog NO before something escalates!

I was surprised actually when I was walking Russell once when he was very little and we walked past a house where they usually have their big male staffy chained up in the car port - well he was not chained up this time and came running for us (not aggressively though) and there was a road in between and a car coming, so I put my hand up as a stop signal to the dog and I said NO GO HOME! and he did just that! haha i was amazed!!

where i live it usually takes a size 10 to get that message across to a dog, people here just use dogs as protection or status, not many are committed, drives me mad with all the dogs must be on a lead at all times then out of no where one comes flying across off the lead, we don't need a dog whisperer maybe a human a$$ kicker
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 04:20

Sad that sucks. we're lucky here, I don't think there's many people at all that have a dog for status or protection. most are just loving pets (well that I know of anyway)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Feb 24 2012, 05:08

Good job Lemmy. Makes you so proud when they obey in those critical moments.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 06:46

wow Julie Millan... well done! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 08:34

you and lemmy deserve a star each

star star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 08:47

russdogmum wrote:yay well done!!! never hurts to tell another dog NO before something escalates!

our own and others do surprise us now and again. i swear someone swapped my lemmy cos he never sits to heel unless i have a treat and especialy if i havent told him to Laughing i think the sudden look of a big dog must have spooked him into submission Laughing the labs are gorgeous dogs though i dont envy the coats in the wet muddy weather i find the shorthaired ones bad enough and at least our little shorty hair dogs get most of the wet and dirt on a removeable coat that goes in the washer Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:28

Way to go Julie (and Lemmy)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down