burties35
Cornish-Muscle
raverhayley
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Dog Whisperer UK Empty The Dog Whisperer UK

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 08:57

Hi you lot i was wondering if you are going to watch the uk series of the dog whisperer thats starts on the 8th feb?
personally i can't wait as i think cesar has some great tips and is a much better trainer than that Victoria Stillwell woman in my eyes................how cute are hes pack dogs daddy & junior!
raverhayley
raverhayley
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

The Dog Whisperer UK Empty Re: The Dog Whisperer UK

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 09:00

I think daddy has passed away.....but he was gorgeous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Feb 07 2011, 09:03

This is gonna be a lovely debate Tongues
I personally prefer Victoria, I think Ceasar looks down on most of his clients, and some of his techniques are a bit well underhand.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 09:19

Cornish-Muscle wrote:This is gonna be a lovely debate Tongues
I personally prefer Victoria, I think Ceasar looks down on most of his clients, and some of his techniques are a bit well underhand.
i think Victoria uses food treats to much to get the dogs to do stuff! shes okay, but ive definatley picked up more tips from Cesars show........like how to stop poo eating lol dirty doggy!
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 09:20

BlueStaffBlue wrote:I think daddy has passed away.....but he was gorgeous
He was probably the perfect dog! such a shame if he has passed away
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 10:32

I think Cesar Milan uses out dated & sometimes cruel methods of training. He has already been banned from Holland. I wish he'd be banned from here, too!

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 10:51

Caryll wrote:I think Cesar Milan uses out dated & sometimes cruel methods of training. He has already been banned from Holland. I wish he'd be banned from here, too!
ive never witnessed that on any of the episodes ive watched.
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 10:55

raverhayley wrote:
Caryll wrote:I think Cesar Milan uses out dated & sometimes cruel methods of training. He has already been banned from Holland. I wish he'd be banned from here, too!

have you never seen him use the helecopper method its down right cruel with a capital C??????
but as said before you only get to see the sucsess storys not the other 95% ov failers the man a charliton lol Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 10:56

vicki all the way(not you kiasers mum)lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 11:03

raverhayley wrote:

They're not going to show it on the tv! He uses prong & e-collars. He leaves some dogs scared of their own shadows. He only helps the rich. I could go on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 11:08

Caryll wrote:
raverhayley wrote:

They're not going to show it on the tv! He uses prong & e-collars. He leaves some dogs scared of their own shadows. He only helps the rich. I could go on.

exactly whats the good ov a gsd gaurd dog that cowetrs and runs away from his owner and he chalks that up as a sucsess ?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 11:10

I'm also very sceptical about the fact that he claims never to have had a failure! What absolute crap! In fact I flatly disbelieve that claim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 11:12

Caryll wrote:I'm also very sceptical about the fact that he claims never to have had a failure! What absolute crap! In fact I flatly disbelieve that claim.

dont care how good you are nobody can have a 100% sucsess rate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 11:21

I also don't like the way he keeps his own dogs, he has about 30 of them all living in a yard. He throws their food in & the pack hierarchy means that the least dominant one doesn't always get a good meal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:00

I was reading earlier, he basically choked one dog into submission, then claimed victory when the dog couldn't physically get up.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:08

OMG just looked up the prong collar it looks like some medievil torture device, glad I have never had the 'displeasure' of watching him.
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
The Dog Whisperer UK Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:18

Cornish-Muscle wrote:I was reading earlier, he basically choked one dog into submission, then claimed victory when the dog couldn't physically get up.

i think that might be the one i mentioned earlyer chocked a gsd then was all proud that it was a sucsess the dog was cowering and running from its owner

Back to top Go down

Post by haddy Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:19

The thing is, like with pretty much anything; not everyone is going to agree with the beliefs of another, and neither should they, but as with everything just because you see someone else doing something dosnt mean you should do it yourself, and as much as people will say "but people will" well they are just mindless sheep.

Yes some of the things he does i wouldnt personally do myself, but im not silly enought to belive that because he gets what he wants the dog to do by doing it means its the right or only way. He does manage to turn some dogs lifes round completly, and for that i think its good.

The thing is this is the case with ALL trainers i wouldnt go 100% by what any trainer said was the way to do i would find what was best and what i agreed with myself. its just that as CM has television programs showing you, books, video's ect he is in the public eye more so gets more attention than some others.

I for one WILL be recording and watching The Dog Wisperer UK, i watch the shows often simply because both my dogs LOVE watching it.
haddy
haddy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mouse
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:31

I think what CM does should not be use by just anyone but i agree with his method of the energy factors and with aggressive cases a pack leader must put the dog in its place. I don't think he chocked the dogs at all with the lead training. I think he exposed the dogs weak spot and no dogs like that which is why they react so badly. he didn't always used to be in the lime light he used to do private without the camera crew, he knows what he is doing.Vic also knows what she is doing but training doesn't always help the amount of treats she offers and uses is ridiculous, people have to buy their way into their own house with treats and toys i don't think so thats just pathetic.That is no way connecting with your dog like CM shows you thats just filling its face, you shouldn't have to treat your dog for not jumping your dog shouldn't do it anyways.when it comes to tricks and obediance vic is the girl but when it comes to the dogs mind and the dogs way of thinking its CM all the way

Last edited by MissRogue on Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:36; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:32

I just can't be doing with someone who treats dogs the way he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:41

Caryll wrote:I just can't be doing with someone who treats dogs the way he does.

I was 11 when i kicked the first guy in the goonies because i seen him mistreat his dog, I hate people who mistreat animals just as much if not more Caryll but i don't see how CM mistreats them, he comes on strong and puts people in their places he isn't afraid to call them on it and that is what people do not like and that is where a large amount of complaints come from people feeling belittled.Also when it comes to him feeding his dogs there is no hierarchy with in the pack he the leader all the dogs are equals and he would never see a dog go without food.

Last edited by MissRogue on Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 12:49

Um just to butt in, what channel and time is it on? Ill be honest i havent really seen much of the man and would be interested to watch it properly to get some proper views as from what ive heard so far his training methods wont be for me. I swear by positive training methods eg) treats toys and praise x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:03

blaze wrote:Um just to butt in, what channel and time is it on? Ill be honest i havent really seen much of the man and would be interested to watch it properly to get some proper views as from what ive heard so far his training methods wont be for me. I swear by positive training methods eg) treats toys and praise x

I'm not sure what time but its on sky natgeowild channel 528 8th feb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:04

The main problem is when people start trying to copy his techniques, for example, trying to choke a dog into submission could VERY easily go wrong. As could the use of a shock collar.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:31

MissRogue wrote:.Vic also knows what she is doing but training doesn't always help the amount of treats she offers and uses is ridiculous, people have to buy their way into their own house with treats and toys i don't think so thats just pathetic.That is no way connecting with your dog like CW shows you thats just filling its face, you shouldn't have to treat your dog for not jumping your dog shouldn't do it anyways.when it comes to tricks and obediance vic is the girl but when it comes to the dogs mind and the dogs way of thinking its CW all the way
I totally agree with you there, i wouldnt be happy giving my dog that many treats to behave he would be the size of a house!
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:33

Cornish-Muscle wrote:The main problem is when people start trying to copy his techniques, for example, trying to choke a dog into submission could VERY easily go wrong. As could the use of a shock collar.

That is wrong and it is on the beginning of his episodes not to try this at home, but that is not his fault and i really wouldn't say he chocks the dogs but exposes their weaknesses which is why the dog react so wildly and screams likes it being killed, he has only touched a dog before with a certain type of energy and the dog reacted with screams like it was being killed. He exposes weaknesses and take advantage of it.
Shocks collars should be not be so easily sold to the average person and thats the sellers problem not him, the way CM used this was not for constant use it was a few minutes thing while he was trying to curve food aggression and thats the only time he used it because he needed to get into the kennel to use his other methods. Mishandled the shock collars are a cruel thing indeed but to give correction actual corrections not what people think corrections are needed for because they again are not professionals and he is, he knows not to use shock collars long term and he does not recommend it but people do not listen to him they use his methods in the wrong way and because it does not work they complain about him being wrong.

Last edited by MissRogue on Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 14:38

blaze wrote:Um just to butt in, what channel and time is it on? Ill be honest i havent really seen much of the man and would be interested to watch it properly to get some proper views as from what ive heard so far his training methods wont be for me. I swear by positive training methods eg) treats toys and praise x
TUESDAY 8TH FEB 9PM NAT GEO WILD.
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 15:10

MissRogue wrote:
Caryll wrote:I just can't be doing with someone who treats dogs the way he does.

I was 11 when i kicked the first guy in the goonies because i seen him mistreat his dog, I hate people who mistreat animals just as much if not more Caryll but i don't see how CM mistreats them,

So you approve the use of shock & prong collars?

blaze wrote:and would be interested to watch it properly to get some proper views as from what ive heard so far his training methods wont be for me. I swear by positive training methods eg) treats toys and praise x

The problem is, you don't see all of the methods he uses. Foe example, he never says that he uses prong or shock collars, but it's well known that he does - just not for the public to see.

MissRogue wrote: the way CM used this was not for constant use it was a few minutes thing while he was trying to curve food aggression and thats the only time he used it because he needed to get into the kennel to use his other methods.

Holland banned him from their country partly because of his deceit in saying that he didn't regularly use shock/prong collars, and when he does it's only for a few minutes. This has been disproved. It is now well known that he has repeatedly used both these collars for protracted periods. Cruel.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 07 2011, 15:24

I for one won't be watching, I don't have sky Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 15:24

Caryll wrote:
MissRogue wrote:

I was 11 when i kicked the first guy in the goonies because i seen him mistreat his dog, I hate people who mistreat animals just as much if not more Caryll but i don't see how CM mistreats them,

So you approve the use of shock & prong collars?

blaze wrote:and would be interested to watch it properly to get some proper views as from what ive heard so far his training methods wont be for me. I swear by positive training methods eg) treats toys and praise x

The problem is, you don't see all of the methods he uses. Foe example, he never says that he uses prong or shock collars, but it's well known that he does - just not for the public to see.

MissRogue wrote: the way CM used this was not for constant use it was a few minutes thing while he was trying to curve food aggression and thats the only time he used it because he needed to get into the kennel to use his other methods.

Holland banned him from their country partly because of his deceit in saying that he didn't regularly use shock/prong collars, and when he does it's only for a few minutes. This has been disproved. It is now well known that he has repeatedly used both these collars for protracted periods. Cruel.

where and when? do people have actual video's of him using these for long term or is it just someone saying so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 15:45

The Dutch have documented proof. That's why they banned him. They wouldn't have banned him without proof. He's also been filmed choking a dog into submission & using a shock collar to the extent where the dog pis*ed himself with fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 15:46

raverhayley wrote:
MissRogue wrote:.Vic also knows what she is doing but training doesn't always help the amount of treats she offers and uses is ridiculous, people have to buy their way into their own house with treats and toys i don't think so thats just pathetic.That is no way connecting with your dog like CW shows you thats just filling its face, you shouldn't have to treat your dog for not jumping your dog shouldn't do it anyways.when it comes to tricks and obediance vic is the girl but when it comes to the dogs mind and the dogs way of thinking its CW all the way
I totally agree with you there, i wouldnt be happy giving my dog that many treats to behave he would be the size of a house!

I disagree. I think treat/toy training is brilliant. As 4 saying u shouldnt have to treat your dog for not jumping he shouldnt do it anyway.....whats that about? Are u saying that dogs should have it tuned into their heads already from birth not to jump?! A dog that is treated for correct behaviour will catch on alot quicker than a dog that is abused for bad behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 15:54

blaze wrote:
raverhayley wrote:

I disagree. I think treat/toy training is brilliant. As 4 saying u shouldnt have to treat your dog for not jumping he shouldnt do it anyway.....whats that about? Are u saying that dogs should have it tuned into their heads already from birth not to jump?! A dog that is treated for correct behaviour will catch on alot quicker than a dog that is abused for bad behaviour.
Treats and toys are great for tricks and obediance but not behaviour.
No what i'm saying is if a dog respects you as their leader they dont go jumping all over you, they give you your own space

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 16:03

blaze wrote:
raverhayley wrote:

stillwell gives a treat for everything a dog does i think its just to much. my dog gets treats, but not to that extent i want him to learn to do things without having to have food everytime.
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 16:06

MissRogue wrote:
blaze wrote:
raverhayley wrote:

No what i'm saying is if a dog respects you as their leader they dont go jumping all over you, they give you your own space
My dogs obviously dont have any respect for me then lmao!

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Mon Feb 07 2011, 16:09

blaze wrote:
MissRogue wrote:
blaze wrote:
raverhayley wrote:

My dogs obviously dont have any respect for me then lmao!
Laughing
raverhayley
raverhayley

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie b Mon Feb 07 2011, 16:23

Now when I said cesar was a touchy subject on here I'm sure someone said he wasn't.......erm....told ya so!! LOL
Stevie b
Stevie b

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sidney
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 16:24

I seem to get my eyes opened more everytime this bloke is mentioned.
Not sure about the feeding thing though Caryll. I was always under the impresssion that he fed the calmest first not the most dominant.
Where are all these shock stories documented?
I know it isn't all good and dandy as the show tries to make you think. No american show is. Even the american wife swap says that allot of scenes are written to increase the entertainment value (???? Strange people)
I think I need to do some searching and educate myself a bit more on CM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 16:25

Stevie b wrote:Now when I said cesar was a touchy subject on here I'm sure someone said he wasn't.......erm....told ya so!! LOL

Laughing These subjects are the best......they get the posts going and I learn more from them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 17:10

I have just put it on series link on HD channel. Should be easier to see the sneaky little mexican pressing his remote for the e collar Laughing

Think thats why his wife filed for divorse. He kept shocking her everytime she left the kitchen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 18:12

I've watched several episodes were he's used a shock collar, never seen the prong collar used though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 18:25

Marty wrote:I've watched several episodes were he's used a shock collar, never seen the prong collar used though

I seen one prong collar in all the episodes and he asked the owner to take it off because when a dog is at level 8 aggressive the prong collar will only make it attack thinking its in a fight/defence because the prong collar pinches and stick in the dog like a muzzles/mouth of another dog would.
I'v got every single series on disc except the UK one so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 20:55

BlueStaffBlue wrote:
Not sure about the feeding thing though Caryll. I was always under the impresssion that he fed the calmest first not the most dominant.
Where are all these shock stories documented?

The Dutch got someone to secretly film him because they weren't happy with rumours about his methods. For the tv he sits with his 'pack' and hands out their bones one at a time. However, there have been times, apparently, when he has just laid the bones on the ground & let the dogs take them.

Marty wrote:I've watched several episodes were he's used a shock collar, never seen the prong collar used though

As above, a lot of information was gained by the Dutch humane society (I don't know what they're called) and he was seen using both to excess.

But then, I suppose it depends what you call 'excess'. On the German Shepherd forum I go on a guy is in to Schutzhund training which involves advanced tracking, agility & man work - when a dog won't work properly they will use shock collars. I don't like either collar, neither do I think it's responsible to have 30 dogs, even if they're well behaved. You can't possibly give them the individual attention they need.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:08

I will probably watch it and dont agree with all his training methods but feel the guy does have a gift, I also beleive that aggresive animals have got to be managed so that they are safe around people and whatever it takes needs to be done
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:10

janey wrote:I for one won't be watching, I don't have sky Smile

its all above your house Janey its blue during the day and black at night Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:13

Marty wrote:

Marty, remind me to sew my sides up on that one =D> rolling on the floor
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:15

gem wrote: I also beleive that aggresive animals have got to be managed so that they are safe around people and whatever it takes needs to be done

But if you terrify a dog, you're not addressing the agression, all you're doing is masking it - and it could easily resurface one day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:22

janey wrote:
Marty wrote:

don't like these heavy debates got to lighten them up some how Janey, i much prefer the comedy element Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:30

Marty wrote:

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:39

Marty wrote:
janey wrote:
Marty wrote:

don't like these heavy debates got to lighten them up some how Janey, i much prefer the comedy element Smile

Caryll wrote:
Marty wrote:

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor
Laughing Blushing Tongues
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female