Gundog Owners [teh lulz]

3 posters

Go down

Gundog Owners [teh lulz] Empty Gundog Owners [teh lulz]

Post by Skullkandi Sun Jan 22 2012, 21:34

Hey guys,

had the best example of utter rediculousness a few months back Big Grin Best ever, I tell y'all.
Right, I'm walking through town with Junior and I was just about to go into a dog friendly cafe when I see someone else with a gundog (Hungarian Visla) about to enter the same door as me.
I stepped back and allowed them to pass through first...at which they barged past and scoffed at Junior (-.-).
I shrugged it off and followed them inside to which I got a resounding "GET THAT PITBULL AWAY FROM MY DOG!" and all the other "He'll kill it" etc etc. I burst out laughing.

This woman was so posh it hurt my eyes to look at. Now, I'm very well spoken but there is no way in hell, that I can be categorised as posh (A friend tried to in jest, a hipslammed them into a bush...in jest).
Anyhoozle, their poor pedigree'd up to the balls Vizla was on it's hind legs doing a jig...a very aggressive jig and Junior...was sitting by my leg, a little behind me, looking up at me, probably thinking "Mammie, dey on le drugs?"

I explained that Junior is dog fearful and won't hurt another dog unless severely provoked. That sparked off the whole "They don't need a trigger, they're born vicious!" and all that. Notice I didn't try and defend Juniors' breed. It's plain to the eye he's no APBT, so, I left it.

Now, this carried on for 5 more minutes and people were watching, so I decided to end it. I let Junior lead go, with no command. He still sat, looked at the lead, looked back up at me and licked his nose (Saying he wasn't comfortable with the lack of contact), but stayed very still and held contact with me even when I looked away. He did NOT want a confrontation with this dog.
So, I paddled out and said: "If my 'Pitbull' is so aggressive, why, if I'm not holding the lead and have not given any other command, is he still sitting my my leg? Why hasn't he torn the throat out of your mutt?"
More baaw'ing ensued from the owner...this Visla was STILL dancing a jig and had been for the last 10 minutes -.-
"No, no! I can do that with (name of mutt)!"

She let the lead go after forcing the wailing animal into a sit, to PROVE her dog was better than mine...

That dog moved like ginger lighting! He went for Junior...hard...the owner had no chance to grab him again so Junior did he thing...he dodged and went round the back of me to get away from this dog. Not a snarl or wail to be heard from him. I switched to the training we'd done and got a quick "Junior, back-up, wait, steady..." out.

He moved back even more, I got out the spare check I always have in my pocket, and got it over this dogs head as it lunged again and pulled downwards, effectively flooring this dog by Juniors paws. Junior...didn't move. I asked him to "back-up" and "here" so he did, backing up from the other dog and hopping over it to sit behind me again, lead and all.

I handed the floored Visla back to it's stunned owner and was like: "Who's got the vicious dog now, huh?" Removed the choke after the owner had clipped it back up and found Junior saying hello to a small group of lovely young teenagers and sharing their milkshake (cutest face EVER).

But honestly, this was the funniest thing ever to me, but I still get it.
People with Gundogs thinking they are so much better than people who own Staffords.
Has anyone had this?
I have nothing against Gundogs or any dog. I'm not "dog-ist"
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Gundog Owners [teh lulz] Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Gundog Owners [teh lulz] Empty Re: Gundog Owners [teh lulz]

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22 2012, 22:49

HA! Showed her! Silly posh bitch. Gun dogs are horrible. i AM doggist. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Jan 22 2012, 23:00

a friend of mine's step father has 3 flat coated etrivers. he told me once that Romeo shouldnt even be concidered a real breed of dog. his dogs bite and jump on you all the time and try and attack every dog they see... romeo loves everyone
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Sun Jan 22 2012, 23:52

@EQUI - Best Reply EVER!
@Romeo - how dare they -.- Erugh, why do people do this?!
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Jan 23 2012, 14:25

Sounds typical to be honest. I don't understand what it is with gundog owners. The only two dogs to attack Romeo have been enormous, oversized labradors. The owners didn't even apologise. It's as though they think because they've bought an andrex puppy it won't need any training and will grow up to be a paragon of canine virtue like Shadow from Homeward bound (a golden not a lab but same principle) just because they're a certain breed.
My dog wouldn't sit back and watch a challenge from a Visla though, he'd have his handbag out, is Junior quite young?
My dog would always run away from confrontation but he will stand up to dogs his own size and much larger ones. Toy breeds he still ignores.
Its the owners i get really angry at, not the dogs.
There was this fat beagle that Romeo used to play with and quite often, i'd see the family that owned it at least once a week and they knew Romeo was soft as butter (he was still a pup). I remember they were saying how they liked staffies but 'we have kids so you can't take the risk of lock jaw can you. Once they bite something they never let go.' and 'you can't take the risk he won't suddenly turn on you.'
Surprised I can't believe some people still have that kind of ignorance in the modern age.
I saw them a good year later and the husband had an incrediably dog aggressive akita....what about the kids!?1#1?!!!''@@@@@@*

I am of course joking and i know dog aggression is completely different to human aggression. But really the narrow minded ignorance and prejudice of people really astounds me. But of course you see that in all walks of life, not just dog ownership.
Anyone would think apbt were the devil incarnate. They're just dogs.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Mon Jan 23 2012, 15:01

Luckily i come from a country where people are well.. for lack of better words shy and tend to keep their thoughts to them selves, but you have the odd * having a go at you. Like romeo sniffed a womans chinese chrested once. he was 2 months old.... the woman freaked out that my 'pitbull' was going to kill it. no shock, that the damn rat attacked romeo, now he has a tiny white scar on his black face!
I have met more out of control Labs then pits, staffs and bull breed dogs. people just dont think about what they are getting into. they see these well behaved exsamples and dont think... oh that dog was really well trained. they think they have a juts add water dog.
Romeo is, when it comes to people and dogs, an angel.
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Mon Jan 23 2012, 23:23

@Shakesphere - Junior is 4, fully grown and weighing just under 20kg, fully muscled and 15.5" at the shoulder :3 A lovely boy if I ever saw one. Toy breeds are bred to be ignored XDD

@Romeo - Some people should just be put down =/

And yeah, I've met more out of control labs than staffs =/
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content