Kathy
PygmyParrot
mickgill
paul_75
10 posters

Go down

anoying dog owners Empty anoying dog owners

Post by paul_75 Sat Oct 13 2012, 13:13

it seems every dog in my wee village seems to want to snarl and have a fight with my staffy, jack is a big soft 2 year old, it seems im the one of the only people around here that keeps my dog on the lead when other dogs or people are about.
a few weeks ago me, the mrs and out 2 kids were taking jack a walk, some guy was standing im the middle of the road talking to a woman in a car, his dog was off the lead and came running over to jack acting aggressive wanting a fight (thing it was a begale) the guy took his time to get his dog but didnt even look at us or speak so we carried on walking, few days later jack was off the lead when we see another dog coming towards us, so i shout jack back and get him on the lead just before the same dog comes running over being aggressive again, the same guy carries on walking past us again not even looking at us or saying hes sorry for the trouble his dog caused or even saying anything to his dog.

now a few days ago while me, the mrs and the 2 kids were talking to 2 other dog walkers and this same plonkers dog comes running over to us again, this time the dog stands about 20 foot from us and just looks, the guy takes his time and walks past us all, his dog doesnt come to him so he has to walk back and put the lead on his dog which doesnt make him happy, as the walk past jack gives a pull on his lead and manages to slip out his collar as i didnt tighten it up enough, he runs past the guy with his dog and decides to turn back to see the dog, the other guys dog starts to growel at jack so the guy lifts his foot and hits jack a kick, my mrs starts asking him what he things he is doing kicking jack and im screaming at him while im trying to catch jack as he doesnt want to come near me thinking he has done something wrong, this p**** starts saying they are vicious dogs and should not be off the lead, i start telling him he is talking crap, his dog is the one thats acting vicious and how would he like me to hit him a kick, im walking away from him at this point as im still trying to catch jack but im pretty sure he said "try it" but he carried on walking away so there was no real confrontation
this guy seems to walk the same area as i do and im realy in to minds what to do the next time his dog comes over aggressive, im tempted to give it what my dog got but then again its the owner that deserves a crack in the ribs for not controlling his dog
make me mad to think these arrogant p***** thing they can let their dogs run free and other peoples fault when theirs want to fight yet mines is the one with the bad reputation

paul_75
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

anoying dog owners Empty Re: anoying dog owners

Post by mickgill Sat Oct 13 2012, 13:51

Agreed it's disgusting these so called dog owners with attitude make me sick , they are not fit to look after a dog and the guy you encountered is not the only one , i have the same trouble with my neighbours and have for years here goes a bit long winded but stick with it it's a reason why some people should not own dogs .

My neighbours own 2 dogs my neighbours are now both in their 70's , one is a sort of Jack Russell and quite frankly is barking mad, if i turn the key in my own back door it goes nuts then the other one a mongrel joins in what a racket, my neighbours do nothing to stop it because they are out of the house 5 days a week all day, they claim though thy are the best looked after dogs on the street , they are far from that they are ill disciplined and overweight .

Today is Shopping day for my neighbours they vanish for 5 hours i am trying to train Duke in the garden on the lead i sit Duke at the top of the garden then i walk to bottom and call him , all hell breaks lose as the 2 dogs next door hear me they fly into their garden barking non stop, i end up taking Duke in cursing and thinking i will wait till later when they return .

Ahh yes when they return, well we live on a busy main Rd, so they arrive drive their car onto the drive then close the gates, now any person walking past is given a shock as the so called Jack Russell flys at the gate barking at anything that moves , my neighbours response ? only doing his job , never mind that a small child is walking past and has been scared half to death .

If i knock at their front door the terrier goes for me guess what ? the lady of the house rewards it with a treat Sad to hell with my ankles then as long as the dog has had a treat that's OK , now for the best one yet , the terrier dug under the fence at the top of their garden last summer well he was home alone yet again, he made his way to a garden across the back and got in only to be met by a Rotty a huge Rotty , it of course went at the terrier and opened a wound on his back , my neighbours went nuts at the owners of the Rotti and reported them to the R.S.P.C.A. i kid you not .

There are many more people out their just like my neighbours who have no idea how to train or treat a dog sadly , just beware of them is all i can say .

Last edited by mickgill on Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:36; edited 1 time in total
mickgill
mickgill
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 13 2012, 13:53

I have read a lot of examples of this sort of thing since joining the forum, and it seems to be the case that a lot of owners will blame a staff (or any other of the misunderstood or labelled breeds) before they look at the situation properly, i.e who's dog is off lead, which one is displaying bad manners etc.
So far we have not had this with Dex, but it's early days and we have had some owners cross over or eye him warily - he is very friendly with the nicer dogs he meets, and ignores the noisy yappers like a good boy. That guy was totally out of order for kicking Jack, particularly as no fight had broken out there was no need for such a reaction, he could have potentially made things very hairy excuse the pun. I would just walk on if you see them again, and concentrate on enjoying your walk with Jack. It's a shame we can't get sense into all other dog owners, and you're right in saying it's the owner who is at fault, not least for his ignorant view of your dogs temperament.
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 13 2012, 13:59

Also, a beagle! Not to knock the breed but they are known for potential instability and behavioural problems. Just saying..as people are so happy to tar our beloved staffies, but I personally would have many breeds in addition - a beagle would not be one of them I'm afraid! Smile
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Sat Oct 13 2012, 14:03

I forgot to add, if he had kicked my dog the police would have been called , the guy is a coward and needs to get a life .
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 13 2012, 14:14

As he is responsible for keeping his dog under control tell him if it happens again that you will report him. It could be that his dog is generally aggressive towards other dogs and needs a muzzle whilst out, or at least keeping onlead when others are about.
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 13 2012, 14:27

banghead banghead Dont get me started, with these it's always someone else s fault, so annoying.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Sat Oct 13 2012, 22:33

PygmyParrot wrote:Also, a beagle! Not to knock the breed but they are known for potential instability and behavioural problems. Just saying..as people are so happy to tar our beloved staffies, but I personally would have many breeds in addition - a beagle would not be one of them I'm afraid! Smile

The beagles seem to have the most behavioural issues at the rescue I foster for.
The staffies, rotties and akitas seem to have the least.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by dave(nobby) Sun Oct 14 2012, 05:38

hi everyone ,please can i 1st say how sorry for jack i feel,and i did something that may help,let me explain 1st. I am not proud but i recently came out prison so i have to find better ways to deal with issues that arise,now myself and my 3 year old staffy joker have been walking the same walk for months ,and every day i saw this man with two large poodles (i think they are) and they always growled at joker,i always manage to fend them off untill 2 weeks ago and they bit my baby joker.I was livid and told this man who by the way is always at least 100 yards behind his dog (cant help but love his dog control) he just said that joker is a dangerous breed which infuriated me because he is always leashed.Anyway the next day i walked joker and used the video on my phone to film our walk,catching these two dogs and the owner, i went home and printed out some pictures saying beware of this man and dogs all liable to attack and my phone number,within 2 days i had 4 texts and phone calls from other owners who experienced the same behaviour,oh and a irrate video star also called,he was informed that there were now 5 of us willing to stick together and report his a**. I have no idea where he walks now but joker loves meeting his friends in peace.Sorry it was so long but i thought it may help

dave(nobby)
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : joker
Dog(s) Ages : 3 yrs
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Oct 14 2012, 11:41

Working dog wrote:The beagles seem to have the most behavioural issues at the rescue I foster for.
The staffies, rotties and akitas seem to have the least.

I love rotties, got a big soft spot for them. Another breed that got an undeserved bad rap, only met one that was a swine but his owners were horrid and he was permanently outside. The world is all bloody topsy turvy, such a shame.
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue Oct 16 2012, 23:14

yeah i have run into a few W***ers with my walks with romeo. i think i posted here once that we got set upon by a fat JR who bit romeo and when i managed to pick Romeo up the darn thing bit me on the back on the leg. If i hadnt picked romeo up, romeo would have killed it, the stupid thing kept doing for his face. the owner had let it off lead, but at least she said sorry, but she skittered off mighty fast afterwards
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kaztaz Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:07

have this problem all the time i wont walk my dog round my area as theres to many idiots round here so i travel 10mins in the car to a park its taken a long time to build trust there but we got there Big Grin but shouldnt have to build trust to start with Sad when we do incounter a agressive dog i will pull troy close and tell troy that that dog aint friendly not like you my little baby boy Laughing dont think the owners like hearing that there dogs not friendly but my staffy is rolling on the floor
kaztaz
kaztaz

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : troy
Dog(s) Ages : 12 months
Support total : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by BetsyBoo Wed Oct 17 2012, 09:23

Tut tut tut- I can't believe these people have dogs mad If he behaves like that to you I can't imagine how he treats his dog! It's defo worth logging everything and speak to others too. If there have been other encounters you can join forces.
Unfortunately in London you see dogs off the lead, particularly staffs and in more run down areas. We have had had a few encounters:
There's a guy who lives near us and the dogs have met on lead. The next time I saw him Betsy was recovering from an emergency spay so just having short walks. His staff was off lead over the other side of the road. I ignored them, but his dog ran across the busy road. I told him to get his dog as Betsy wasn't well and a bit grouchy. Well suprise surprise growls and teeth were shown. He did respond and I got Betsy away without too much trouble but why????
There is no way I would have Betsy off lead on the streets. I can't believe these people love their dogs? Can you really 100% guarantee that your dog will not suddendly bolt at the sight of a squirrel, cat, dog etc?? Plus some people are scared of dogs and it can be intimidating. I ain't taking the chance and of course what about those dogs on leads that don't like other dogs- their actions are putting them in a potentially difficult situation.

We had another situation not long after that from other owner and her staff which again ran across the road to Betsy. I wouldn't usually but saw a chance and legged it- we were right near home.

Oh yes and not forgetting the time when Betsy was in season! That was a worry. And yes another staff unfortunately. This was also right near home so I walked Betsy home and found the owner and explained. They nodded in all the right places and haven't seen the dog since so hopefully one less to worry about.

Another recent situation was in a "dog friendly" cafe whilst on holiday. The irony will be apparent later in the story! We were chomping on our fish n chips and Betsy Bun grabbing some chill time under the table and perhaps also waiting in case a chip fell on the floor wink
In comes a jack russell sitting on its owners wheelchair. It sees Betsy and makes a wild leap for her barking and growling. A bloke that was with them fortunately lunged for the lead just in time. This understandly did wind Betsy up but she settled. Leaving the jack russel time to enjoy it's sausage sandwich whilst the owners were enjoying their lunch. Mmmmm.
We planned a getaway as the cafe is small and I just popped to the loo. All of a sudden I hear loads of barking, growling. I consider hiding in the toilet (joke) and wonder what has happened now! It turns out an owner has walked in holding her pug. If a dog is held Betsy thinks " Oh hello toy- let me just see if I can get this..........." and goes a bit nuts. To top it all off the woman at the cafe says to me "Them staffs don't get on with dogs, do they." I considered a louder response but calmly replied that she should learn a bit more about dog behaviour before making such judgments stomp

Shortly after I got Betsy a friend who's had staffs for years said that unfortunately I would have to deal with prejudice from others. Out of all of this, that's what I find the hardest. If ever something happens- blame the staff when actually a lot of staffie owners are really responsible and well educated because we know that unfortunately our dogs will get blamed. I am also aware that Betsy has the potential to do some damage and I want to avoid this for all parties.
Oooooooooooh rant over..... think I feel better now ..... happy
BetsyBoo
BetsyBoo
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Betsy
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:32

I have found yorkies seem to be the worst to suffer from small dog syndrome with every dog we have had and their owners seem to suffer from selective blind/deafness to notice the aggression,but luckily enough cassie knows yorkies are not for girls lol Laughing
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down