Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner!

+6
billysgirl
Andy
gem
Kathy
janey
lmjc90
10 posters

Go down

Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Empty Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner!

Post by lmjc90 Sat Jan 14 2012, 02:16

hi there Smile

My names Laura and in roughly 4 -5 weeks i will be getting my first staffy cross american bull dog puppy!

This is my second dog, my first dog was a labrador but had put down Sad

So now after my best friend has a staffy and pups i have decided since her staffy and american bull dog are probley 2 of the most gentle dogs ive ever known! Im finally getting one as i heard they are amazing family dogsa dn great with children!

So i live in England, United Kingdom, Im 21 years old, Female, i live with my partner of 6 years and my 4 year old boy and wwere all very excited!

look forward to getting some tips as im a first time staffy owner and hope to be a part of this wonderful community!

Thanks for reading!
Laura xxxxx

lmjc90
lmjc90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Scarlett
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 20

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001801581232  More and

Back to top Go down

Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Empty Re: Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 05:04

Hi & Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Icon_arrow Make a Donate to help us to keep us improving our forum and website.

Back to top Go down

Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Empty Re: Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner!

Post by janey Sat Jan 14 2012, 09:04

Hiya and welcome from me and Moo Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 14 2012, 09:37

Hi and welcome from Rocky and me. Take a good look around the website you will find lots of useful info there. I have put a link to basics for puppys below.

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/basicsfornewpuppyowners.html

Any other questions please feel free to ask. Good luck and have fun Big Grin
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Jan 14 2012, 10:14

Hello wave
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jan 14 2012, 10:19

Welcome Laura Smile

I'm assuming the AB is the female !! Laughing .. and yes you are right, they are both very gentle and loving breeds, my sis-in-law has a HUGE male AB, he is just an awesome dog!! thats the only way to describe him really Love Struck
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 10:42

Hello and welcome from me and Billy what happened to your lab
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:58

Hi there wave and Welcome from me and RoXy.

I bet you are gonna be counting down the weeks and days til you bring your pup home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 12:21

Hi from me and Vinnie wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 12:48

Hello & welcome.

There's an American Bull Dog near me - a huge all white boy of around 18 months or so. Dempsey hates him & lunges for him every time we meet (the owner's fine with it, he understands bull breeds!), and the ABD just wags his tail & bounces around as though he wants to play!

Back to top Go down

Post by billysgirl Sat Jan 14 2012, 13:15

Hiya and welcome to the forum wave

billysgirl

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:10

Hi and welcome Laura. Cant wait to see your new puppy pictures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:12

hi there and welcome Laura...I bet you are on a countdown till you bring your pup home..have you got any names in mind??

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:20

thanks for all the welcomes Big Grin

emm my lab turned nasty after we had his neuered and unfortauntly attacks someone so being a responsible dog owner had him put down as i didnt want him to harm anyone else!

Actually the mums the staffy and the dads the ABD Tongues

We decided on a girl and we have Named her Scarlett she is beautiful! black with a white stripe one the top of her head get her on the 24th of february shes turned 2 weeks yesterday only 4 weeks till i get her Big Grin!

Will have a pic up soon!

And thanks again for all the loving welcomes!
Laura
xxxxxxxxxxx
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:21

Hope it passes quickly for you

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:45

ty Smile im so excited :DDD
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sat Jan 14 2012, 17:27

Welcome Big Grin
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 17:29

hello and welcome >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jan 14 2012, 17:49

lmjc90 wrote:thanks for all the welcomes Big Grin

emm my lab turned nasty after we had his neuered and unfortauntly attacks someone so being a responsible dog owner had him put down as i didnt want him to harm anyone else!

We decided on a girl and we have Named her Scarlett she is beautiful! black with a white stripe one the top of her head get her on the 24th of february shes turned 2 weeks yesterday only 4 weeks till i get her Big Grin!

Will have a pic up soon!

Laura

xxxxxxxxxxx

A staffy giving birth to a litter of ABD's ... OUCH Surprised
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sat Jan 14 2012, 18:22

Andy wrote:
lmjc90 wrote:thanks for all the welcomes Big Grin

Will have a pic up soon!

Laura

xxxxxxxxxxx

A staffy giving birth to a litter of ABD's ... OUCH Surprised

Yeah poor doggie lol but my friends such a loving dog owner and its the only litter shes having as the fathers been nuetered , but to be honest there not as big as i thought they would be they look more like staffy mummy Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 20:19

my friends got a for month old ABD and strangely at 8 weeks old he wasn’t a great deal bigger than a same aged Stafford pup but now he just hugeeeeee lol
best person to talk to would be shontelle as your pup will probs turn out about the size of her charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sat Jan 14 2012, 22:47

ty for the advice wazza Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Sat Jan 14 2012, 23:36

Laura,

Welcome also Laughing ...but i am sorry to hear you lost your labrador but you new pup will fill the gap thumbs up

Bruno_3
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:17

Laura first time staffy cross american bull dog owner! Small_Staffordshire-Bull-Terrier-Dogs-8752

sorry for the "pets4homes" watermark but this is the only pic she has till she gets me some of scarlett tomorro i know you can see her shes the black one at the left with the little spot on her head Big Grin and there Missy (the mummy Smile ) there all so beautiful i cant wait!!!!!
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:22

Laura,

Missy carries a gorgeous face and lovely well built l-o-v-e ...well i can't wait to see scarlett better but they're great little pups mate Smile xxx

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:26

hehe ty bruno Smile

yes i cant wait to have her it all so very exciting and its my first time with a girl dog its going to be intresting Smile

But missy is a very very gentle dog she cowards when someone knocks at the door! but shes happy to come lie on you for a pet and a cuddle Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:26

lol i meant terry my god sorry couldnt stop looking at your dog every time i see you post ahahahaha
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:34

Don't worry about it... i've had friends come with staffs who i know and they can't believe how well behaved he is no furniture, chewing etc so i can't moan but he as got a beautiful face i'll add one to my post for you to see him proper.

Well how missy is and you say the dads the same you can't beat pups off parent's with a nice similar attitude and personality as the pups usually turn out the same but there chunky pups by the look of them.

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:48

yeah they are the boys especially lol

but yeah luga as the dads called was very hyper when he was younger but now hes a adult hes a completely different dog!

only things is im a bit mixed about is some people say i should use choker chain on her but other say harness

terry what do you use with bruno?
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:55

On all my staffs i've only used the collar you see bruno in which is soft leather as it's better for staffs and he's got an heavy brass dog lead which weighs over 300grammes with a leather handle and the brass icons matching his collar...harness's can rub them bald under the arm pit and can be used to control the dog with pulling but i've taught my other's from pups on a lead...bruno came to me left sided while walking and i'm right handed so that had to be ultered straight away and shorter the lead it stops the pulling but it is everyone to their own but i find a good thick collar and lead just as good.

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sun Jan 15 2012, 00:59

i was thinking a collar which ive found and a lead which i found and look perfect for her Smile

im actually excited to see how she turns out she looks more like her mummy Big Grin
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Sun Jan 15 2012, 01:02

Well i don't know if you've heard of the Holly Bush garden centre but i had bruno's black collar and lead from there for £53 and a brass tag done for £7.99 and my hubby is with a Rover club and when we take him out i brought another collar and lead in Burgundy for £54 as they've got some nice ones in there up cannock.

I added those pic's for you to see. xxx

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Sun Jan 15 2012, 01:18

Hi from me and Bailey wave Big Grin
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 04:54

wave welcome from me and my girls Kita & Izzy

I would not use a choker chain/collar on any dog.

My older girl just learned to walk with her normal collar and lead without any issue. Izzy went to dog training classes and they gave us a "Martingale collar" for use at training sessions.

http://www.dogcollarsboutique.com/Martingale-p-1-c-79.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Jan 15 2012, 12:27

hi & welcome to the forum Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Sun Jan 15 2012, 12:34

Dogalogs88 wrote: wave welcome from me and my girls Kita & Izzy

I would not use a choker chain/collar on any dog.

My older girl just learned to walk with her normal collar and lead without any issue. Izzy went to dog training classes and they gave us a "Martingale collar" for use at training sessions.

http://www.dogcollarsboutique.com/Martingale-p-1-c-79.html

ooo tyvm lee will deff check that out Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15 2012, 15:25

what part of Leeds are you from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Sun Jan 15 2012, 17:35

Hi Laura...cute Avatar mate and what a little bundle l-o-v-e

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down