1st day back at the gym ..

4 posters

Go down

1st day back at the gym .. Empty 1st day back at the gym ..

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:33

.. wasn't as bad as I anticipated ! Had a 45 minute work out, expecting to feel the burn tomorrow. Mind I never put on any pounds over christmas, but having the gym bug back is a great, refreshing feeling ! Back on the chicken and rice for dinner now though ... feel like a dog Laughing

Back to top Go down

1st day back at the gym .. Empty Re: 1st day back at the gym ..

Post by janey Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:35

Rather you than me Laughing Gym? Whats one of those?!?!?
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:38

Ha ha that's what it's been like for me the past 2 months ... I usually go with my cousin, but if he can't be bothered, well, I'm not going on my own. Well I braved it on my own tonight. The gym I attend has a ladies section so it's better. But I can't sit on my a55 all day and throw £15 a month away ! Feel good now though !

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:43

Stick with it Maria Wink ... the first couple weeks back are the hardest, then you'll be back into it proper Big Grin

My life used to revolve around the gym and eating the right stuff etc ... tho you wouldnt think so to look at me now Blushing Laughing yawn
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 21:47

Andy wrote:Stick with it Maria Wink ... the first couple weeks back are the hardest, then you'll be back into it proper Big Grin

My life used to revolve around the gym and eating the right stuff etc ... tho you wouldnt think so to look at me now Blushing Laughing yawn

I dunno, you look ok in your profile pic ? :p

My aim is to tone up, but my trainer said I need to put on half a stone ... I lowered my head to that, but when he said it will be half a stone of muscle, I was kind of OK about that. I'm 8st and would be mortified if I ever went a pound over ! I do need to tone up though, but keeping on top of all the right foods is REALLY hard. At the moment I'm on boiled eggs for breakfast, something healthy for lunch in work (always stuck with this so always go without), pineapple to munch on in work, come home, hit the gym then have boiled chicken breast and white rice when I finished. Try to stay away from too many carbs but again, me thinking up healthy food dishes is like giving me a maths exam ... I JUST CAN'T DO IT ! So I stick to the same boring stuff all the time. PAH !

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jan 09 2012, 22:01

Half a stone of muscle is pretty hard work to acheive as you probably know whew!

I never used to bother too much about too much carbs, A. because I did a lot of cycling as well as the weights, and B. I dont really put fat weight on much Cool (the most I 've ever gained was half a stone last year when I was layed up after my accident for 12wks, and couldnt do a thing at wits end doh )
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 22:07

Hmm see I lose weight more than I put it on. My day job doesn't help where i'm sat on my back side 7.5 hours of the day, then the 45minute journey home in the car ... I'm worried my a55 is gonna be as flat as a pancake Laughing If I stick to it religeously, I know I'll look better if I put the effort in !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 23:04

Stay with it and it becomes a habit after awhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 10 2012, 09:19

Maria. wrote:Hmm see I lose weight more than I put it on. My day job doesn't help where i'm sat on my back side 7.5 hours of the day, then the 45minute journey home in the car ... I'm worried my a55 is gonna be as flat as a pancake Laughing If I stick to it religeously, I know I'll look better if I put the effort in !

Free weight squats and deep leg pressing will pop ya butt out ... gotta go heavy tho Wink Wink
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 09:27

I'm not bad lifting 25kilos ! But I hit the ladies only circuit section last night ... same kinda of weight machines, but they work by compressing air, so the more you lift, the more the air gets compressed which feels like you're lifting heavier weights. Not feeling the burn today though ?! Hoping it hits me tomorrow !

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 10 2012, 11:05

Well done! I used to do a lot or running and would love to get back into it. Never used a gym though we did do a circuit session which involved weights and exercising. It was an hour long of 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. Used to kill me, especially as my coach made us jog to warm up for 20 minutes before and 20 mins after. I couldn't move the next day, but did enjoy the rush you get from exercising.

Need to get back into it all again now the kids are older and I have some time to myself. Might well start back after my exams next week, will need to vent after them

I am the same as you, normally around the 8 stone mark, although I did like it when I had a bit more weight on and was around 8stone and a half. Got weighed at the docs for registration appointment the other day and in 9 months I have lost 5 kilos in weight. Haven't done anything, unless it's all this walking up the hills round here with Tinkerbell! Gutted though because now I am only 7.5 that's the lightest I have ever been and no matter how hard I try I can't get the weight back on.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 12:42

I'd love a personal trainer or a coach to ruin me like that ! I love pushing as far as I can go, but I only do that best when someone is pushing me. When I joined the gym a few months ago, we had a free personal training session around all the kit in the gym. It was SO HARD, but my body felt awesome. All my muscles were tight. The day after I could barely put my hands on the steering wheel, let alone wipe my own a55 !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:01

Lol been there many times Laughing , back in the day I had an old Land Rover with no power steering, and if I was doing say chest and triceps, I literally couldnt get outa the car park after without looking like complete mong rolling on the floor ... those were the days day dreaming
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:26

Andy wrote:Lol been there many times Laughing , back in the day I had an old Land Rover with no power steering, and if I was doing say chest and triceps, I literally couldnt get outa the car park after without looking like complete mong rolling on the floor ... those were the days day dreaming

haha been there done that to i can remember after doing my legs i couldnt even bend them enough to get in the car Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 20:30

Such a good feeling : )

I didn't go tonight. I had a date with Pizza Hut Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 10 2012, 21:44

Laughing

My coach was fab, he knew exactly what he was doing. We once had a welsh schools meet, and an athletics meet where I was running for Wales. For months I trained and raced at local meets etc but the aim was to peak for the welsh meetings. I have no idea how he did it but I had a personal best in the welsh schools meet, but had been nowhere near that time before the race. He was great and is still in contact with me now, I have been back to him a few times to start back. But not kept at it because of the kids etc. Will do one day though!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 10 2012, 23:24

Well ive always felt I was okay for my age but lately I look fat feel fat and am fat so I got to do something about it but reading this your making it sound hard work. I did some with my son over the crimbo hols army style and it nearly killed me should I just accept it and not look in the mirror Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 23:36

Don't be silly gem : ) I'm sure you don't even look as bad as you say! I'm 8st and always think I'm fat! Would love my flat tummy back but to look how you want you've got to really dedicate yourself. It is hard but once you get into it you enjoy it. If your not working out at a gym but at home, it's best to get someone to train with you, for the motivation element to get you going and not feeling the need to give up. Running and jogging is great exercise if you dont want to go to the gym, also swimming! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so no matter how hard it is when you push yourself, think of the good it's doing to your body and especially to your state of mind : )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10 2012, 23:40

Scubasteve wrote: Laughing

My coach was fab, he knew exactly what he was doing. We once had a welsh schools meet, and an athletics meet where I was running for Wales. For months I trained and raced at local meets etc but the aim was to peak for the welsh meetings. I have no idea how he did it but I had a personal best in the welsh schools meet, but had been nowhere near that time before the race. He was great and is still in contact with me now, I have been back to him a few times to start back. But not kept at it because of the kids etc. Will do one day though!

I used to run cross country for my school but ant run at that pace anymore as I pulled a ligament in my knee years ago and it gives in after running for a while. I would love a personal trainer mind you, but it's around £30 a session at my gym Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Jan 11 2012, 09:20

gem wrote:Well ive always felt I was okay for my age but lately I look fat feel fat and am fat so I got to do something about it but reading this your making it sound hard work. I did some with my son over the crimbo hols army style and it nearly killed me should I just accept it and not look in the mirror Sad

Dont be daft mate Tongues ... I'm a year older than you skull and I can still stay with my 19yr old lad on a mountain bike, and out perform him in the gym on weights (which is brought up now and then when he gets cocky Laughing Wink )

Tho now, I tend to put my efforts into making Max a four legged bodybuilder rather than train myself TBH Big Grin
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down