Set Back =(

2 posters

Go down

Set Back =( Empty Set Back =(

Post by Amipopzzz Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:26

So i went to my college interview on Thursday, and was offered a place on the course of my choosing, unconditionally! which is awesome!!

However, i went down to admin to enrol, for the last year i have been advised that the fees on my course would be wavered which would have been great. but because its me and nothing ever goes right, there not, so i need to pay £815.00 !!

I'm absolutely GUTTED!! >=P
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Set Back =( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Set Back =( Empty Re: Set Back =(

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:38

Can you not apply for a student loan? .. my course fee's were also high but we applied for student loans .. you do have to obv pay back with a lil interest etc but its not untill you are in full time work earning 15 thousand a year or more

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:43

Its a pre-uni course because I haven't got A-level, I don't really want to do the student loan route till next year when I actually go to uni. I've the money in savings, but its going to make a huge dint that's why I'm pretty gutted =( x
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Set Back =( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:46

Awww =( sorry to hear, what are you studying?.. i hate the fact you have to pay to learn! .. the government are all "gain qualifications instead of been on the streets or in a dead end job" and yet they are quick enough to keep boosting up college and uni fee's!

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Sun Jul 31 2011, 23:03

Its Access to Higher Education in English, so i can go on to do a degree next year. it only for a year! bloody £815 i couldn't believe it, but i have no choice, i cant get to Uni any other way =( I agree the government SUCKS ! xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Set Back =( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31 2011, 23:05

aww what a bummer!! =(

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Jul 31 2011, 23:32

My neice has just finished a degree at uni she did really well and cant find a job in her chosen area its a shame about the jobs out there.
I did training in work many years ago so was paid a full wage to study I think thats unheard thesedays
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Sun Jul 31 2011, 23:46

Sorry to hear that about your niece.
I'm wanting to be be a secondary school teacher! cant get training in work, and with a bit of luck I'll be able to find a job after Uni lol fingers crossed =D x
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Set Back =( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 00:05

I passed college and uni with flying colours in animal care and animal managment and husbandary and done a two year course in uni of dog behaviour which set me back £3000 and i just took an online course in dog phycology. I am qualified to start up my own kennels/training center etc went to job center and their exact words where your qualifications are not "practical" enough would you be happy in a factory????she is very lucky the chairs there are nailed down, she pretty much said i waisted 5 years of my life. There are simply no jobs unless you want to leave the country or work in a factory.
Trying to get money together to buy a property and land so i can start my own business.
Its gutting how you got to break into your savings and the gov are just taking the pi** when it comes to people trying to help themselves and better them selves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 10:24

I know exactly where you're all coming from here. My son has recently been accepted for his uni place, and the costs are astronomical! He's take out a student loan & he gets a bursary grant from the uni, but that's only about £500! He'll be living at home, which makes it a little cheaper, but it's frightening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 12:23

it's the same here, I'm a qualified teacher now but can't find a job unless I want to leave my home town (which I don't) so I am relief teaching. I almost signed up to teach in the UK actually, and still might Smile

my course over 4 years cost me around 15k - 20k but I have a HECS debt now which is the same as student loans I guess, I don't really think about it as I don't have to pay it till I'm earning lots Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Thu Aug 04 2011, 20:53

russdogmum wrote:
my course over 4 years cost me around 15k - 20k but I have a HECS debt now which is the same as student loans I guess, I don't really think about it as I don't have to pay it till I'm earning lots Big Grin

Laughing im not bothered about my uni fees either im prepared to pay them, life goes on, its all to better myself.

Sorry to hear that Missrouge! it is shocking, i hoping because of the area i want to work in if not closed off my options too much, secondary school teacher, college tutor etc, i open to options. alot of people i went to school with, finished their degrees last year and this year, and i see them working in shops etc i feel so sorry for them =( x
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
Set Back =( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06 2011, 08:20

gem wrote:My neice has just finished a degree at uni she did really well and cant find a job in her chosen area its a shame about the jobs out there.
I did training in work many years ago so was paid a full wage to study I think thats unheard thesedays

I did my degree with work Gem it must be so hard wanting to learn and having to find the money I suppose I was lucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down