Lizzie
janey
Scubasteve
Skullkandi
12 posters

Go down

Thank you, irresponsible dog owner  Empty Thank you, irresponsible dog owner

Post by Skullkandi Tue Jan 03 2012, 10:26

Well, long story short, just before Christmas, lil J was mauled. On the front leg, chest neck and ears...by the only thing that was small enough and fast enough to get in there and strong enough to survive what he did back...another Stafford. Thank you, idiot owner of Stafford 2, you have just undone all my hard work.

I'm walking J-bear in the park, playing and laughing with him and I saw another Staffy coming over, then...it stopped. Froze and focused on Junior. I called to the owner "Junior isn't friendly, sorry!" and turned to walk away, hearing the other owner call the other dog back, or so I thought.
I was lucky Junior spun round at that moment, the other dog had just sprinted across a distance over just under 200m to get to him. And he scored...badly.

Junior screamed...then proceeded to thrash the other dog into the ground...that's the only way I can describe it.
I just said: "Junior...OUT!" And as soon as he let go, I left the other dog have my foot...in it's side, then I attached Junior's lead to it, wound it round its muzzle and frog marched the little sod back to his owner and just held up my hand and went. "I don't want to hear it, 2 year of work has just gone out the window." I was shaking, and when I get angry, my voice goes quiet, deep and very well-spoken.

This all happened in like..less than a minute. The fight was no more than 15 seconds.

I got back to my little shaking, bleeding ball of fur and walked him in a circle, a large one, but with a positive voice, until he waged his tail. His leg was shredded and he had puncture wound all over his face, neck and chest. His ear has two gashes near the back of it...and everything and I mean EVERYTHING was bleeding.

I got him to the vet's in record time and again a long story short.
he's fine. But it looks like I shot him in the leg and all the pellets go him...
I dislike irresponsible owners...they irk me to say the least...

I'm shaken and angry, so I'm sorry if my tone is all over the place...=/
Skullkandi
Skullkandi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Thank you, irresponsible dog owner  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Thank you, irresponsible dog owner  Empty Re: Thank you, irresponsible dog owner

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 10:34

Awww DJ Sad .. And there lies owners like that that give this beautiful breed such a bad name!!! What an idiot!
Hope his wounds heel fast and his confidence isnt knocked too much

Back to top Go down

Thank you, irresponsible dog owner  Empty Re: Thank you, irresponsible dog owner

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 10:47

AW, Jazz, what a rotten thing to happen. Hope he's healing ok - is he alright psychologically?

Stupid, irresponsible owners. If you know your dog is da (and he must've known!), then you keep it on lead when there're other dogs around!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 10:51

OMG hope he's ok and it hasnt affected him too much. some people need shooting. why would you let your dog off its lead if you know its not friendly when you see other dogs around. stupid people

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 10:58

aww no, hope he is ok and isn't too badly traumatised both physically and mentally. The idiocy of some people really get's me and I don't understand what possesses some people.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:07

I hope you can get him back upp to speed emotionally and phsically. Peaople just do not realise the consequences of there actions. An idiot is using the term loosly Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:09

Thats terrible news I hope he is okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:14

I'm so sorry and you have every right to feel upset and angry. Hope your boy is ok.

Mine can be da to some dogs so I always keep him on a lead when around others. Must admit I have often felt guilty about doing so when I see other dogs enjoying running around but I couldn't live with myself if he ever harmed another.

Best wishes to you both.

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:52

I know exactly how you feel. The same , well almost happend to us when walking Rocky about a month ago. German Shepherd off lead, attack then owners just walk away. Vet bill, set backs etc.

It just makes my blood boil. However frustrated we get this doesn't help our poor little hairy friends.

My thoughts are with you. Take consolation in the thought that you are a responsible owner, trying to do the right thing. Take care hun.

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:53

Thats sh!t news Jazz Sad ... hope the wounds heal quickly, its the mental damage thats done at times like this, I know, I've been there too mate Sad angry
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 13:14

Caryll wrote:AW, Jazz, what a rotten thing to happen. Hope he's healing ok - is he alright psychologically?

Stupid, irresponsible owners. If you know your dog is da (and he must've known!), then you keep it on lead when there're other dogs around!
I agree.

Hope Junior comes through this experience with no ill effects. Hope his wounds heal quickly.

Well done on your quick thinking in stopping the fight and removing the other dog from the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by flame Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:18

I also agree i hope your boy heal quick and is ok. nasty other owner

over a country park type thing yesterday it amused me to see other owners reaction to River either they smiled or mostly put there dogs on leads, or kept them close, two joggers after spotting river took there dog and started running in the opposite direction. lol i saw far more aggressive dogs there that river would ever be.. it made me sad its like racism for dogs. i did get a few smiles thou.

i think they should be insurance for third party dog aggression like there is cars, if you damage someone else s car then you have to pay out via your insurance the same with our beloved dogs..if another persons dog hurt our own we should claim on there pet insurance.. end off.. responsibility needs to be taken somewhere. yes it will cost more, but it make stupid idiots train there dogs properly and actually give them some time, or stop stupid ppl (opps sorry uneducated;) ) owning dogs.

flame
flame

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : River
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 03 2012, 14:21

^^^^ I doubt very much they had insurance Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Tue Jan 03 2012, 15:04

Thank you for all the wishes guy, he's all naked on one front paw =[
But I haven't brought him near other dogs yet, but I will see how he reacts to Kellev when I next walk them together...
Oh dear lord...
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jan 03 2012, 15:08

So sorry to hear this! I hope that DJ recovers both physically and mentally.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 15:46

Oh Jazz...what a shocking and frustrating thing to have happened..like you say all the hard work out the window....some 'people' just make your blood boil..
I hope DJ has no ill effects from all of this ... sending you and DJ a hug. X

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Tue Jan 03 2012, 18:10

Thank you guys Big Grin I'm going to let him run off in the park in a few weeks time, when there is no blood scent or open wounds. When everything is healed and painless, only then will he go out with others.
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Tue Jan 03 2012, 18:24

Poor DJ what a terrible thing to happen Sad I hope he heals soon x

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 03 2012, 18:52

Awww shame but hopefully he will remember your training and you cant blame him for retaliating Sad
You handled the situation very well pat on the back applause
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Jan 03 2012, 20:34

so sorry to here this jazz,you have put such a lot of hard work in to get junior where he is now,hope he is ok and on the mend >Big Grin<
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:36

I hope your dogs ok but in future you should never turn away from a dog thats challenging you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Wed Jan 04 2012, 16:33

Equi wrote:I hope your dogs ok but in future you should never turn away from a dog thats challenging you.

What exactly should I do then? Keep walking towards it?
I did the only thing that I could think of which was retreat. It's worked before, dogs have lost interest.
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 17:49

Wrap the lead around the owners neck is what I would have done !! Reading your post has made me really angry .. if you have a pet, it comes with responsibility, clearly somethign this idiot doesn't have ! Hope you're boy is ok though .. give him loads of attention Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 17:50

Oh and I hope you're ok too !

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Wed Jan 04 2012, 19:37

Oh Maria, you've made me smile <3
Well, we're both okay, Junior saw the dog again today...wanted to kill him. It was like having a serial killer on the end of a lead. A sharp word from me and he stopped spazzing and just growled but walked to heel beautifully. I think...he wants revenge...=/ I know he holds grudges, but that was something else.

His confidence with other dogs is...pretty much the same, still fearful but trusting me to get him through it, no panicking at all, so I thin he's done so very well. Got him a new tug toy.

Schutzhund has been cut as well, only obedience is being done. Weight pull and Flyball training is stopped until that leg is healed totally.
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 11:36

Glad you and Junior are both ok and I hope it hasn't been too much of a setback on all the work you have done with him. I really don't understand owners who have a DA dog and leave it offlead. Idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by derbystaff Thu Jan 05 2012, 16:43

to be honest sounds as though both should be kept on lead at all times..
derbystaff
derbystaff
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bruce
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 17:18

Skullkandi wrote:Oh Maria, you've made me smile <3

Good Smile

You can never tell with other dogs, they can look friendly but you never can tell. I dread the thought of ever letting Monty off his lead, even when he is fully grown. But I won't ever take too kindly to any owner who puts my dog in a position of fear while their dog is off the lead and goes for mine (although Monty loves attention from all humans and other dogs, lol). Monty is a real treasure to me, he's brought out an even more softer side to me since he's had his face all puffed up with his abscess. I'll never let my dog protect me, I'll always protect him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Fri Jan 06 2012, 16:19

Maria. wrote:
Skullkandi wrote:Oh Maria, you've made me smile <3

Good Smile

You can never tell with other dogs, they can look friendly but you never can tell. I dread the thought of ever letting Monty off his lead, even when he is fully grown. But I won't ever take too kindly to any owner who puts my dog in a position of fear while their dog is off the lead and goes for mine (although Monty loves attention from all humans and other dogs, lol). Monty is a real treasure to me, he's brought out an even more softer side to me since he's had his face all puffed up with his abscess. I'll never let my dog protect me, I'll always protect him.

Oh sweetheart x
I always watch other dogs very carefully, if they stop and freeze, and I have Ju onlead, I swap side with him, keeping him the furthest away from the dog I can. I don't baby him, but I would protect him with my life, as I sated above, I would viciously and maliciously harm anything that tried to hurt him.
I hope Monty gets well soon, I saw the photos of the poor pup x
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 16:46

He's much better now thank you Jazz. Back to his old self, I must admit, I am missing how much he felt sorry for himself because he was far more cuddly then ! He's constantly on a wind up since being better now Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down