What to do with her on holiday and PetLog "extras" worth it?

2 posters

Go down

What to do with her on holiday and PetLog "extras" worth it? Empty What to do with her on holiday and PetLog "extras" worth it?

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 23:57

Just got my petlog form back from the micro chipping thing. They say that sending £15 to them will give more security and you get tags etc...but is it worth it? If lexi is found anywhere would they still phone me on a normal plan? Im going on a three week holiday and i wanted to book her into kennels but shes never been before and shes dog agro and tbh i just think it would be too stressful for her. So my friend will be coming out everyday anyway to look after her horse and mine so will be there to feed her and check on her and play with her etc and shell have the run of the whole yard but obv she won't be there 24/7 so i was wondering if i should get this £15 thing so they can phone me or her if shes found(they cant phone abroad on my current plan)

Shes been here alone on holiday before but never on her own, our other two dogs died this year so itll be the first time shes truly alone, i feel so bad about it!!!

or do you think i should start saving and take her to the kennels where i KNOW she cant go missing? the kennels are amazing, i used to work in them and i can get her into a special kennel in the owners back yard so she won't be so cooped up but its £10 a day and ill be away in total about 23-24 days so £240 which is a LOT of money

Dunno what to do.

Back to top Go down

What to do with her on holiday and PetLog "extras" worth it? Empty Re: What to do with her on holiday and PetLog "extras" worth it?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 00:07

I would hire a dog walker too but i live on a main road with no sidewalk and im sure noone would be happy about that and i wouldn't want someone to take her out to a park with her being dog agro!

Back to top Go down

What to do with her on holiday and PetLog "extras" worth it? Empty Re: What to do with her on holiday and PetLog "extras" worth it?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 00:23

even if she did go missing the chip company have your details. i dont know exactly how it works but we had a stray dog here over night a while ago and when the guy from the RSPCA came the followingmorning he scanned it and the dogs details name address etc came up on his hand held thing and he took the dog home. the chip company dont just sudenly wipe you from their records if you dont pay the extra 15 quid just leave it as it is they are just trying to get some money off you i think.

as for anything i would put the dog in kennels. you could get a dog walker but they will come walkt he dog a few times a day who is in with the dog the rest of the time. it does depend i supose on how long you are going for. if it was a week or 2 i would put in kennels if its only the weekend then a dog walker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Dec 13 2011, 00:25

I'd say that is a tough decision but I would personally want to know she is alright so I'd save up and board her. It will most likely be stressful for her either way and you want to be able to enjoy your holiday. If it were me and I left him home, I'd be thinking of him constantly and wouldn't be able to enjoy or relax very well. Just my 2 cents.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 01:10

Thanks, every opinion counts! As i said before shes always been at home on holidays with the other two dogs for company, shes only ever stayed away from my home once (for 4 days when she was stolen) so i don't know how she would react. I still live at home but my rents don't agree she should go to a kennel im a student so raising £300 before Feb will be very very very hard for me, when im on holiday i am constantly phoning and emailing anyways to ask about the animals. My friend is a very animally person so i know she will be looked after (i usually come home to VERY fat animals and have to put them on a diet for a week or two!!!) im just a bit sad about her being lonely. I mean she won't be with any other dogs at the kennel and will be basically alone as much as she is here but with a lot more noise and a lot less space. The only thing i will be paying £300 is for the daily walk which (i know from working there) is around a field and not at all if its bad weather which is Feb its likely to be.

I know i am talking myself out of it haha, im just mostly worried about her getting so bored she decided to break free and go kill my neighbours dogs (he had 6 GSD so she wouldnt win)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 08:46

oh my word 6 GSD's well infact 6 dogs ............. 2 is the limit for me thanks Laughing and even they get a bit too giddy sometimes. hope all turns out well for you though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 10:37

Is this the friend who won't pay anythign towards you looking after her horse?

I'd look very carefully at boarding, to be honest. Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Tue Dec 13 2011, 11:02

If it were me I would board her too, unless you have a friend or family member she could go to stay with. Some people will even come and live in while you go away, but i think that is more expensive.

Just my personal opinion of course, but staffies love company and to be left alone would be more stressful than being at a kennel.

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 13:51

My 2 go into kennels when we go away and yes it is very expensive and our kennels we use is £12 per 24hrs or £24 per 24 hrs for my 2.
We our lucky and have found a fantastic family run kennels who owns and knows 4 staffords of thier own. But we searched far and wide 2 find a suitable kennel who understood staffords. Most of the kennels i looked at i wouldnt put my dogs any where near

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down