Horrible Man

+2
Kathy
ditzeee
6 posters

Go down

Horrible Man Empty Horrible Man

Post by ditzeee Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:33

Well we have not long since got in from our morning wlk with Munch and we usually wlk her round the corner and across the fields and back, the kids throw sticks for her and chase her and play with her and both the kids and Munch love it. Anyway on the way home back on the lead I let my 2 children walk Munch (Conor is 3 and Chloie is 1) and a man who lives in a house we walk past everyday came out with a barrage of abuse about me letting my children "near a dog like that let alone walking it and I am an irresponsible mother!".

Any idiot could see that Munch is an angel, she walks at the kids speed right next to them and doesn't even blink at another dog. If I thought there was any risk I wouldn't let them and I always keep a hand on the loose end of the lead.
Grrrr..... Whatmakes me even more angry is that we walk past the police station on the way home and all the police adore Munch and surely if it was a dangerous situation then they are obliged to say something?!!!!!

Anyway, I'm not going to stop my kids or Munch having fun because of him, he should stop being a nosey curtain twitcher and leave people to their own lives!!

FUMING!!
ditzeee
ditzeee
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Munch & Roxii
Dog(s) Ages : 6 & 6 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Both ickle girlies
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Horrible Man Empty Re: Horrible Man

Post by Kathy Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:02

Fffwwww some people need a slap for breathing, sorry shouldn't really say that but you know what I mean banghead Just put it down to ignorance, he obviously knows nothing about the breed.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:08

Not his business anyway. Tell him kindly to be quiet and keep his nose out of your business, and I do mean politley Wink
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:20

Eugh!!! id of lost my rag! lol .. next time he feels he needs to say something ask him if he is head of neighborhood watch, if not? WTF has you walking your dog got to do with him! lol. IDIOT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:20

I can only imagine how you feel. It seems to me that the dog specific laws in the UK are ridiculous and the attittude against bully type breeds simply sucks. Never mind that most people seem to be a bunch of uneducated, bigotted yabos.

Yelling your personal opinions at anyone else in public is rude to say the least. You and your personal choices of dog and how you handle her in public is nobody elses business especially when you are being responsible and acting within the by-laws.

Its a damn shame that you all have to go through this abuse on a daily basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:25

I'd have let him off the lead and sent the dog in the old mans direction, just to put the jitters up him lol

Cheeky git !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:34

Some people have nothing better to do than spread ignorance. I wouldn't let it get to you too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 10:49

Some people are just idiots who should learn to keep their uneducated opinions to themselves. Makes me so mad angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 12:05

*sigh*

What can you do? If you have a go back, then you're a yob, if you ignore it then you seethe. angry It's probably the only drawback of having a staff (or any bull breed!) - other people's misinformed perceptions of them. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 12:56

Caryll wrote:*sigh*

What can you do? If you have a go back, then you're a yob, if you ignore it then you seethe. angry It's probably the only drawback of having a staff (or any bull breed!) - other people's misinformed perceptions of them. Rolling Eyes

Katy, this is why us educated people own bully breeds, we have done our research and choose this type of dog. Smile
Unfortunately there are many out there that judge on what they perceive or have been led to believe by the media time & time again.
Hold your head high when you walk past this man's house (despite his tirade) and never lower yourself to his uneducated level to even bother wasting your breath to answer. Grit your teeth together to avoid rising to his bait. His opinion is not worth your time of day and you and your family are the ones who will benefit from your relationship with Munch and that is what matters most. Don't let negative people spoil this for you.
I do however know exactly where you are coming from, so rant on here whenever you feel the need to avoid any confrontation. Big hugs >Big Grin< to you all!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzeee Wed Dec 07 2011, 13:54

Thanks everyone, I was in shock and didn't know what to say at first but then I said ok thanks for your opinion but she's my dog and my kids and its my decsision and walked off...... and, as i pointed out to this man, through the whole thing Munch sat quietly at my side, if she's "a viscious breed" then surely she would of gone for this man shouting and ranting in his driveway.

I'm laughing about it now, people obviously have nothing else to do than nose into everyone elses life and correct them for doing nothing wrong!
ditzeee
ditzeee

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Dec 07 2011, 14:10

I must thumbs up for that
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 16:05

the moron sounds like a real jerk !!

he must have a very boring life if that is all he has to bother him..TWIT !!! angry

some people just have no idea do they....

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzeee Wed Dec 07 2011, 23:05

no, went back past him for afternoon walk and smiled and said hello to him lol
ditzeee
ditzeee

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 23:07

some folk drive me mad. just ignore him and you carry on regardless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07 2011, 23:37

Sarge just like the breed of his dogs have been labled agresive and dangerous just because of the way i look.. i dont care .... respect me or fear me its all the same to me.... yet when im walking my dogs old ladies ande woman with kids in strollers are allways aproaching me and telling me what lovely dogs i have and how well behaved they are... and can they pat them...so for every uneducated jackass there are plenty of people that will see how well your dog behaves and how good he is with your kids. Remember why you chose this breed>?
cause they are beutiful dogs inside and out...... in my 40 or so years on this crazy rock i have found that dogs usually emulate their masters personality so you have done well... ignore him he not worth seething over. Is something to be dismissed. Hes probably the type to yell at childern walkin on his lawn... a grumpy lonely old man who is in great need of his own Bully type dog. Or not! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine42 Mon Dec 12 2011, 11:56

You could try introducing him to Munch and breaking his prejudice. Or is he too far gone?

Josephine42
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Dec 12 2011, 12:20

So many of these people around unfortunately. I too have two small children who adore walking Tinkerbell. My 4 year old will walk her when we are away from everyone and I am satisfied that she can manage her with my help and observation. Tinkerbell knows when Hollie walks her, and is like a different dog, not once does she pull even for a sniff, and she responds to Hollie's commands as much as she does ours.

Well done on your response though, I wouldn't have kept it as calm and polite as you did. If he were brainy enough he would see that you are bringing dog and children up to respect each other, and providing a firm foundation for your children with regards to managing animals and being a responsible owner. He should have applauded you for that!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzeee Wed Dec 14 2011, 09:49

Scubasteve wrote:So many of these people around unfortunately. I too have two small children who adore walking Tinkerbell. My 4 year old will walk her when we are away from everyone and I am satisfied that she can manage her with my help and observation. Tinkerbell knows when Hollie walks her, and is like a different dog, not once does she pull even for a sniff, and she responds to Hollie's commands as much as she does ours.

Well done on your response though, I wouldn't have kept it as calm and polite as you did. If he were brainy enough he would see that you are bringing dog and children up to respect each other, and providing a firm foundation for your children with regards to managing animals and being a responsible owner. He should have applauded you for that!

Thanks everyone Smile and steve, this is exactly what Munch is like with both of mine!Can't fault her..... posted him a Christmas card last night off all of us and Munch the dog Big Grin
ditzeee
ditzeee

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Wed Dec 14 2011, 11:23

Laughing That's class. Hope he appreciates it and Munch slobbered all over it!

We get a few looks but I know my child and dog and do only allow the children to walk her when we are away from everyone and can see far enough ahead if someone does approach us!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Dec 14 2011, 13:27

ditzeee wrote:posted him a Christmas card last night off all of us and Munch the dog Big Grin

rolling on the floor Good job! I Think that was a grand idea!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down