Staffies heads, what are they made of???

+5
youngkaiser
micky
janey
Steve
Dizzy_staff
9 posters

Go down

Staffies heads, what are they made of??? Empty Staffies heads, what are they made of???

Post by Dizzy_staff Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:02

I was sitting on the sofa with Dizzy last night and at bedtime I went to get up and Dizzy got up to go out for a wee, jumped over me diagonally on the sofa and hit my cheekbone with the top of her head. The sheer force of it knocked me over sideways and she just carried on as if nothing happened! This morning I have a nice big bruise on my cheek and it looks like I been beaten up!!! Seriously though what is it with their heads that makes them so solid? Or is it just Dizzy, she runs into walls and all sorts when she's going too fast and can't stop and she dosen't even notice!!! Rolling Eyes
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy, Taz
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Staffies heads, what are they made of??? Empty Re: Staffies heads, what are they made of???

Post by Steve Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:05

bone and bit of muscle i think

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Staffies heads, what are they made of??? Empty Re: Staffies heads, what are they made of???

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:06

All the bully breeds have concrete instead of bone, and they keep their brains safe behind solid steel.

Dempsey hit my lower jaw with his head when he was about 9 months old & dislocated my jaw! It was a tiny bit painful............ doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:10

with there heads being so flat on the top and not convext they can hit things a lot harder without it having any effect to them but all in all its just a standerd head nothing super plated or anything just blooming hard lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:17

Having had other breeds, I can definitely say that staffords & bullies seem to have harder heads. Either that, or they just don't care how hard they hit you!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:33

Lol many a fat lip I encountered!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 21:46

They have heads like reinforced concrete this goes all the way back to their fighting days, if you have ever seen two staffys fighting they are held by their so called owners, in opposite corners of the ring and teased to go for the other dog, when they are let loose they meet in the middle with a crash of heads, and then the fight begins, sad fact but true, its like the way billy goats run at each other and crash heads .

Back to top Go down

Post by micky Mon Nov 08 2010, 22:43

Normal heads, just a bit more muscular but they do have a very high pain threasehold, so are a bit more wreckless

micky
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Nov 08 2010, 22:47

Ive had a busted nose many times from kaiser i say the same they walk into doors and act like nothing happens
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 23:34

They do have concrete heads.
Was running with Blue a few months back and Blue turned his head to look at something as I was running and my knee went into the side of his head he carried on like nothing had happened and I nearly went face first into the floor with the pain from my knee lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 08 2010, 23:42

micky wrote:Normal heads, just a bit more muscular but they do have a very high pain threasehold, so are a bit more wreckless
your bang on there micky, they do have a higher pain threshold than many other dogs, and seem to tolerate more pain than other breed,

Back to top Go down

Post by Leighs Tue Nov 09 2010, 12:21

Definitely concrete, or maybe titanium!! Smile

We used to have doors that shut properly but Sandy the battering ram has put paid to them, in fact, we've moved the sofa as the force she comes thru the living room door was doing damage to the arm rest lol
Leighs
Leighs
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sandy
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 12:25

BlueStaffBlue wrote:They do have concrete heads.
Was running with Blue a few months back and Blue turned his head to look at something as I was running and my knee went into the side of his head he carried on like nothing had happened and I nearly went face first into the floor with the pain from my knee lol

rolling on the floor Oh, sorry, Blue, but I can't help it! It's not that I'm unsympathetic, it's just that 'been there, done that'!!!

And have you noticed that there's always someone around to see it & have a good giggle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Nov 09 2010, 12:26

Laughing leighs

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 12:34

when my Taz run he knock my mum off her feet, but he runs past her and catch's her shins with his head the swelling and the bruises he has given her oucha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 21:30

Caryll wrote:
BlueStaffBlue wrote:They do have concrete heads.

rolling on the floor Oh, sorry, Blue, but I can't help it! It's not that I'm unsympathetic, it's just that 'been there, done that'!!!

And have you noticed that there's always someone around to see it & have a good giggle!

Laughing Lucky for me only the 2nd and the 4th floor of the office block where sat outside on the dinner break at the time. Lucky for me I look simular to smiling when im grinding my teeth trying while uttering my f@*king knee Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 21:57

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by peachypeachy Fri Dec 10 2010, 18:23

Naaa maan!! You guy's don't know what the hell you're talking bout. It's obvious their skulls are made of Adamantium Big Grin
peachypeachy
peachypeachy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Peaches
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 18:53

peachypeachy wrote:Naaa maan!! You guy's don't know what the hell you're talking bout. It's obvious their skulls are made of Adamantium Big Grin

That would explain the fact why everything that bumps into it comes off 2nd best

Oh and Welcome to the forum peachypeachy wave

Last edited by BlueStaffBlue on Fri Dec 10 2010, 23:01; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:17

Perhaps Nasa could do with their "head Force"... and learn a thing of two about hard surfaces lol.

I too have had a few fat lips Sad not a fun time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11 2010, 00:06

Mel Skora wrote:Perhaps Nasa could do with their "head Force"... and learn a thing of two about hard surfaces lol.

I too have had a few fat lips Sad not a fun time.

but mel its a bit soon to be gettin fat lips you havent even got holly yet
me thinks you been over charging for the nails and the custermers have been ganging up om you Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11 2010, 01:56

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11 2010, 09:30

bigwazza wrote:me thinks you been over charging for the nails and the custermers have been ganging up om you Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11 2010, 11:08

LOL.... SEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee I need help..
I am hallucinating!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am using my clicker on an imaginary dog who is giving me fat lips!

OMG... seriously I need some sleep!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11 2010, 14:53

Just wait till you actually GET the dog - you'll be totally gaga!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by chod Sat Dec 11 2010, 17:20

micky wrote:Normal heads, just a bit more muscular but they do have a very high pain threasehold, so are a bit more wreckless

This ^^ they have a very high pain threshold aswell as a solid brick head nothing seems to bother my Alfie lol
chod
chod

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tom-titch Mon Dec 13 2010, 16:10

When we first got Billy and took hime out in the fields I would call him back to me and he would run and not stop. Quite a few times Id be in a bit of pain holding my shins from where he ran into me.
tom-titch
tom-titch

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Billy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down