Bit of a morning.....

4 posters

Go down

Bit of a morning..... Empty Bit of a morning.....

Post by loubop Fri Sep 30 2011, 20:53

Quick release, here we go....

Got in just before lunch to find my living room window ledge, window frame and kitchen door frame chewed/scratched!!!! after i thoguht he was getting better and was settling, hes now doing silly things like this. Because the distruction always happens when im not in the house, ivfe got no idea if something is settin ghim off, or if its just boredom! so becuase im tired and down about work and other things at the mo, i had a wee cry and called my sister who talked me down!!!

Once i was calmed, me and Buddy wnet for our walk, which except one moment of lead biting, his latest "game", he was very good and was a glld walk. Then picked up a friedn and went to P@H, where the puppy was so well behaved, it was like he was another dog!!! (im thnking multiple personality, lol) anyhoo, we tried him in a crate to get the sizing, cos todays incident convinced me that a crate is the best way to keep him and my house safe. i mean, chewing paint and wood cant be good for the wee lad! i got some spray that tastes nasty to lut on stuff just now, till i order a crate off ebay.

I know it was just a bad day for us, and that everybody has them, but sometimes they just seem worse than others!! Thanx for reading, gonna take the boy for a wee walk before bed now!
loubop
loubop
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Bit of a morning..... Empty Re: Bit of a morning.....

Post by kitten Fri Sep 30 2011, 21:05

Have you worked at de-sensitising him to you leaving ??

Do u leave him any toys..chews etc??
kitten
kitten
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bit of a morning..... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F

Back to top Go down

Post by loubop Fri Sep 30 2011, 22:22

Yeah, i mean, he can go for up to 4 hours, sometimes that wee bit more with me gone without bothering at all. At the min my work is a bit quite, so i am home more often so probs is weird for him when i go, but this morn i wasnt gone for as long as i would normally be.

Yeah, he gets his toys and chews left out with him, same as usual, so when he does something like this, its a head scratcher!
loubop
loubop

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Sat Oct 01 2011, 11:32

Maybe he does it if someone is outside? my two leap up and charge to the door barking if they hear unusual noises but don't react to the normal noises of neighbours etc maybe something unusual starts him off?. They love their crate, if i say "in your housey" they trot in and wait for a treat then cuddle up for a sleep until i let them out.I got the crate when they were 3 months after they decided to remodel my kitchen flooring while i was in the bath Smile
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bit of a morning..... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 13:50

Aw don't worry, we've all had those days with our beloved dogs.

For example, my husband and children went off to Bournemouth for a week without me and Charlie a few weeks back. i'd tearfully waved them off in the morning, left Charlie in the living room as usual and gone out to do some shopping. I came back tired and weepy cos I was missing my hubby and kids and I had about 10 bags of shopping so was achy too. Anyhoo, as soon as I opend the front door, the smell of poop hit me. I was terrified to open the living room door, the stench was horrendous I knew it wasn't just going to be a little parcel for me to clean up.

Anyway, steeling my courage, I opened the door. There was a HUGE puddle of slop on the floor, puddles of slop ALL OVER my sofa and 2 chairs, and Charlie himself was covered in it. He'd had a major diorrhea attack and it was EVERYWHERE. Charlie looked worried, like he thought he was in trouble and that made me even more upset cos I felt like I must be a bad owner if he felt like he was introuble for having a poorly tummy and no control over his bowels. I just stood there and cried for five minutes with Charlie looking wretched and miserable and thinking it was all his fault.

An hour and a half later, when I finished cleaning and disifecting everything and had bathed Charlie, we were sat on the floor, his head in my lap, looking up at me adoringly and all was well again.

Later that evening, it didnt seem like a big deal, and I knew he'd be there for me no matter what, and I'd be the same for him.

I have a huge hole in the front panel of my chair, my carpets have been ripped up, my banistairs and bookshelf are all splintered and chewed, he chewed and ripped up a load of photos of my twins when they were newborns, he's had shoes and coats and clothes and he's just recently started dismantling my bed in the middle of the night while my husband and I are sleeping in it by chewing through it!

Despite all that, I love him unconditionally and I know he feels the same about me.

Plus, the wnderful people on this forum are always here to lend an ear and some advice Smile

Sorry for going off on one here Blushing just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Oh, and re the crate, they are lifesavers, definitely a good choice for a destructive dog. Just make sure he associates it with good things and a bit of 'me' time, and he'll be fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 01 2011, 15:39

I think we must have got off really lightly with Rocky. He never went through the chewy phase exactly, apart from hubby's boots, lead off massage machine, skirting board and the odd slipper. Hubby just went around the entire home and put nasty smelling oils on everything. (He used to be an aromatherapist/physiotherapist, strange thing I know for a bloke to do, but then he is a strange bloke, he married me Laughing )

Crate an excellent idea but never to be used as a punishment. Laughing
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down