Update of what vets say about Inca's patchy fur ...

4 posters

Go down

Update of what vets say about Inca's patchy fur ... Empty Update of what vets say about Inca's patchy fur ...

Post by hollymolly Thu Sep 29 2011, 15:53

Well for those who saw the recently added pics of Inca's patchy fur... I took her to the vets this tuesday (27th) and my vet agreed to do a skin scrapping to see if the mites are trying to come back but also he took some bloods from her as he wanted to check her thyroids were ok .... He wrung me tuesday after noon to say her thyroid level's were ok and that they had found just a few mites from the scrappings ... So he has put her on a high dose of Panomec (cattle wormer) and said if there is NO more fur lose or any new patches within the next 2 wks to keep her on the high dose of panomec till her fur has grown back and then maybe try the Advocate (even though he didin't seem that impressed by the Advocate even after i told him it was highly recommended by staffy owners on here !!) ... But if she DOES get new fur lose patches (in the next 2 wks) while on the higher dose of Panomec to bring her back and look into maybe allergy's or cushings disease but he is edging more on cushings disease than allergy's... Has anyone on here had experience with cushings disease ???...

Sorry if me update was abit long but just keeping you all upto date...

Fingers xd it's just mite's that she will get on top of soon .. praying
hollymolly
hollymolly
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Update of what vets say about Inca's patchy fur ... Empty Re: Update of what vets say about Inca's patchy fur ...

Post by Kathy Thu Sep 29 2011, 17:18

Hi. Just found this about Cushings Disease in dogs. Don't have any personal experience of it though.

http://www.vetinfo.com/dcushing.html
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Update of what vets say about Inca's patchy fur ... Empty Re: Update of what vets say about Inca's patchy fur ...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29 2011, 18:47

Sorry no experience of cushings disease, at least the vets are looking after inca, keep us updated on her condition and hopefully she will improve
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Sep 29 2011, 18:53

Affraid not, and I would really hope its just mites. My first suffered (sorry if I repeat myself) but she almost grew out of it with the treatment.

Thanks for the update Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Oct 04 2011, 18:44

Awww hope shes okay Ive heard of cushings but dont know much about it lets hope she is a very sensitive girl and nothing more its just all trial and error sometimes I do hope that its the mites and you can find something that works and keeps the horrors away advocate helped my girl when she was young Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down