Diesel - Lumps Update - see my last post on thsi page

5 posters

Go down

Diesel  - Lumps Update  - see my last post on thsi page Empty Diesel - Lumps Update - see my last post on thsi page

Post by Jackieb Tue Sep 20 2011, 10:25

she had a small op yesterday to remove a large lump on her side - she has about a inch and a half long 'wound' with stitches...and the lump has been sent to histology. Straight Face

Diesel  - Lumps Update  - see my last post on thsi page Img536

Skin scrapings and shes red raw on the parts they have scraped - hair pluckings and blood tests.

Hoping to get some results in the next week as to what her skin prob is and how it can be treated... in the meantime she is on cephlexin & medrone v twice a day for 10 days.

she was sick last night bless her - she was really feeling sorry for hersefl when we picked her up but she slept like a baby taking up half my bed lol !

lots of cuddles for her today Smile missed her loads yesterday when she was at the vets.

x

Last edited by Jackieb on Mon Oct 03 2011, 16:29; edited 3 times in total
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Diesel  - Lumps Update  - see my last post on thsi page Empty Re: Diesel - Lumps Update - see my last post on thsi page

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 10:34

Poor little thing, give her lots of gentle belly rubs from me!

Let us know the results when you get them.

Back to top Go down

Diesel  - Lumps Update  - see my last post on thsi page Empty Re: Diesel - Lumps Update - see my last post on thsi page

Post by janey Tue Sep 20 2011, 11:00

Must have been quite an ordeal for her poor girl, she'll heal in know time and I hope you get an answer from the results.

Hugs from me and Moo Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 14:12

Wishing you all the best for the results you wish for. Hope everything is all good.

Keep us informed

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Sep 20 2011, 14:38

Hope all is good poor diesel
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 15:16

hope diesel heals well

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Oct 03 2011, 16:28

Just a quick update

Have had results - the lump was a histiocytoma and was benign so thats good.

Hair plucks all clear, bloods clear, Skin scrapings all clear of mites etc but showed Staphylococcus aureus - which naturally is found on dogs skin - basically her immune system needs to react to it to 'calm it down' its like shes over-run with it.... nothing too serious [at the moment] and shes bk tomorro for stitches to come out , a steroid shot and another antibiotic course to see if it will nail it for good..

At least we now have some answrs and hope the antibiotics can sort it out altho shes been on 4 courses since 11 weeks old... so im not holding my breath.
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Oct 03 2011, 17:14

I am so pleased it wasn't something worse, and yes as you say at least you have something to work with now. Fingers crossed its 5th time lucky.

Thanks for the update Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 17:18

poor love. hope the results are back quick and are ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03 2011, 21:22

Glad the results were positive hope she makes a speedy and full recovery >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by sararobo88 Sat Aug 11 2012, 20:07

hi u kno the benign lump ur dog has had has she had anymore?only my blue staffy had a lump removed 12 days ago and it came back as a histiocytoma wondered if there common in blues? xxx
sararobo88
sararobo88
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blue
Dog(s) Ages : 15weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Aug 11 2012, 21:30

Yep on the exact same area she had 2 smaller lumps appear, they looked exactly like the large lump she originally had, so I called the vet, they said to just monitor them over a cpl of weeks, and they sure enough went on their own.

Hystiocytomas are known to grow bk and resolve themselves , then grow bk n so on.

She's been clear of all lumps n bumps for a while now (since about 6mths old) I'm convinced it down to their immune system (IMO)
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Sun Aug 12 2012, 00:24

Glad everything was benign and sounds like you have a plan. Hope Diesel's feeling better.
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down