my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max

2 posters

Go down

my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Empty my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max

Post by Eva Fri Oct 22 2010, 23:19

hi, well im new to this but here goes

I have a gorgeous 2 yr old brindle staffy boy Max who i adore i rescued him from a shelter and when i recieved him he was skin and bone with overgrown claws.. now 13 months later he is 18kg walked 4 times a day and my gorgeous boy.... I have trained max through hand command and treats and a very firm voice when he is bad!! ,
after alot of consideration , i have now decided to adopt my gorgeous lil girl who i will name roxy she is 3 weeks old at the moment but i am very nervous as i have never raised a dog from a puppy b4 and am terrified my house will overwhelm her with another dog and a 3 yr old!!!!. just some advice would be great toilet training is not a problem as i trained max when i got him (poor boy had no clue) just took him out every hour and with praise he ot the idea! so i wil do the same with roxy. but should she have a little play pen or learn to assosiate with her "bed" straight away should i not let my daughter handle her alot or is that the best option to gain trust .. she is so small and i just want to do it right i think staffys are the most amazing dog.. and nanny dog is so true
any andvice would be gratefulx many thnks Eva.

[img][/img]
Eva
Eva
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Max and Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Empty Re: my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 23:28

Hi & my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Welcome

Welcome to the staffodshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max Empty Re: my new puppy Roxy and my 2 yr old max

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 23:29

Roxy looks lovely shes a fine looking chunky staffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva Fri Oct 22 2010, 23:30

thanku i just uploaded a picture of max too shame i cant put two up lol she was the chunkiest out of the litter and really stood out to me xxx
Eva
Eva

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 23:35

you will have to set up a photo bucket acc and then you will be able to upload all your pics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22 2010, 23:56

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Great profile pic thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 01:40

hi and welcome to the forum any questions just ask away thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 23 2010, 10:41

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm a great believer in dog crates! Once a dog is used to one it becomes his/her 'den' and is a place they'll go to to be peaceful or to sleep, or sometimes, even, for you & the family to have a little 'time out'!!

Dempsey was crated from day one (well, night one, really) and although he woke a couple of times & cried for the first 3 or 4 nights he soon settled. I have to get up at about 4am most mornings anyway as my husband is on permanent early shifts so Dempsey would be put into his crate (asleep) at about 11pm & then I'd take him into the garden at about 4am for him to wee/poo. Then I'd play with him for 15/20 minutes to get him nice & tired & back in the crate. Pups are taught by their mothers not to mess in the nest area, so he'll try not to mess his crate. It's a useful help in house training.

As to your daughter, as long as she is taught to respect the pup, and to leave it alone when it's tired or just when she's told to (!) then there's no problem with her handling the pup. I wouldn't let her pick her up too much as she could drop her & that could affect the pup's confidence. ALWAYS supervise any play between your daughter and both dogs. Any play can become too boisterous, and injury can occur if you're not careful. Just be ready to step in if you feel it's getting a little too rough. Also, watch your pup's eyes........if they go glassy, you'll know she's getting too excited & play should stop!

Good luck! When will you get to bring her home?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva Sat Oct 23 2010, 20:36

hi thanku all for ur nice comments.. i am bringing roxy home on nov 22 and i didnt crate train my older boy although he does have a cage which i used for when i went out that he does not need to use now as he dosent do any damage anymore when i am out should i be taking that cage upstairs for roxy to sleep in and then downstairs during the day ?? or should she just have a bed upstairs and downstairs like max????
Eva
Eva

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Oct 23 2010, 20:53

My opinion is I think you will learn a lot when you get Roxy home, see what her temperments like, see how she behaves in the home. My first staff was a pup, it was also my first dog I've ever owned and she was great but it was more learn on the job than anything!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down