Muggins the Bull Mastiff

Go down

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Empty Muggins the Bull Mastiff

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 10:08

The Bull Mastiff Kita grew up with till she was nearly 3yrs of age.
He is age 8 weeks to around 18 mths in these pics

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Scan0001

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Scan0002

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Scan0003

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Scan0004

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Scan00090006

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Scan0005

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Scan0006

He would have been 15 next week, but I never heard what happened to him after he was about 4yr old. Sad

Back to top Go down

Muggins the Bull Mastiff Empty Re: Muggins the Bull Mastiff

Post by janey Fri Sep 02 2011, 10:52

Love Struck how adorable! Xxx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 10:56

wow he's cute, that last pic is gorgeous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 11:07

He's very handsome and they are a great breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 11:15

He had a broken femur up near the growth plate hip end of the bone when he was just over 3 months old, he's only just got home from the vet the day after the surgery in the 3rd pic. He had a plate put in and removed 8 weeks later, which is why I had to wait to get my "staff" as it was hard enough trying to keep him quiet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 11:19

what fab pics, lovely to see them grow up on pics

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 11:22

When I was growing up I had a friend whose family were breeders. They are a lovely breed. I remember one time I was walking one of the full grown and larger males. He was the very definition of a gentle giant and would never harm a fly but he was massive and always wanted to say hello to everyone. He saw a cat on the other side of the street he wanted to say hello and the cat ran off and he gave chase. We were about the same size but he dragged me a good 50 meters down the road on my stomach until someone gave me a hand with him rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 11:34

jstaff wrote:He saw a cat on the other side of the street he wanted to say hello and the cat ran off and he gave chase. We were about the same size but he dragged me a good 50 meters down the road on my stomach until someone gave me a hand with him rolling on the floor

Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry!!!!

I remember when he was almost 2yrsold "M" (the ex) went next door to see the neighbours and didn't realise the gate didn't shut properly behind him, guess who did though....
I saw 3 or 4 kids walking past chatting amongst themselves, by this time good old Muggy was in the neighbours yard as they didn't have a fence. As the kids turned the corner past the neighbours house they saw him and let out a huge scream and started running down the street yelling, so he takes off after them - big ears flopping and gangly legs loping down the road behind them. I flew out the front door yelling for the dog and the ex. Fortunately M was a lot closer to him and he came running back, I just raced him around the back and hid him in case the parents came looking for this "huge dog that attacked their kids".
oooppss!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 11:41

Seems as if alot of times the extremely large breeds are the most loving Love Struck They can be scary to people that aren't used to being around them though. And if not trained right :-\\

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 12:03

I just realised he would have only been 1yr old in the above story. The bigger breeds do take a little longer to learn sometimes Rolling Eyes
He was so good once he got older, we'd moved and lived on 2 & 1/4 acres with minimal fencing, he was on a runner at night and during the day when I was at work, but off when I was home (the ex was hardly ever around) One arvo when he was around 3yrs, I was in the back room and heard his huge bellowing bark (NOT HAPPY JAN)!!!!
I raced out to the open garage door to see this group of kids wearing Halloween costumes "witches hats etc" walking as large as life down our drive (the youngest would have been about 3). Muggy's fur was up on the back of his neck and I just grabbed a handful of his skin to hold him, I suggested to these kids that they might want to STOP as their costumes were probably upsetting him and they just kept coming. I had to be quite rude to them before they would listen and turn and walk away. I can just imagine if he'd decided to charge after them.
I was horrified that these kids didn't even back off when he barked, I would have froze on the spot. eek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 12:07

Halloween can be an issue. We don't celebrate in Japan but when I had my English Bulldog in the US she would want to go after the Trick or Treaters. not that she wanted to hurt them simply wanted to say hello and see what was going on. Scared a couple of people though rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 12:14

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor
I can imagine Izzy doing just that same thing, only she'd want to eat their lollies as well Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down