Make me soooooo cross!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Make me soooooo cross!!!! Empty Make me soooooo cross!!!!

Post by sway&shelbysmummy Tue Jan 24 2012, 13:45

I was just checking my emails on yahoo and I saw an article about a little girl that had been mauled by a dog, so i had a look and it made my blood boil!! The dog is described as a "Bull terrier" type and the ignorant blighters (cant think of a more polite way to put it) have assumed it must obviously be a Staffy, that Staffies are the only breed that ever bite people. Even though it states nowhere in the article that it is a staffy!! There is even calls to have them banned, shot and one man even suggested they should be beaten to death. I know what i'd like to do to him!! People are so ignorant about the breed! Rant over!! at wits end
sway&shelbysmummy
sway&shelbysmummy
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Shelby & Sway
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Make me soooooo cross!!!! Empty Re: Make me soooooo cross!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 13:57

Honestly getting sick of the ignorance of these people!!! .. a lil lad was attacked by a labrador! his face is in a terrible state YET! no main headline!
Its really really annoying! to put it polite!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 24 2012, 14:16

Yes I also heard about the Lab attack but only once and it hasn't been splashed all over the news errrrggghh Surprised
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 14:27

kathytake2 wrote:Yes I also heard about the Lab attack but only once and it hasn't been splashed all over the news errrrggghh Surprised

the only time they will broadcast it is if they could get away with labelling it a "bull terrier type" .. which they have done before .. a friend of mine took her niece to the park and a jack russell owned by a drunk grabbed her by the leg etc .. it was in the local paper the next day with "bull terrier type" even after my friend said it was not a bull terrier type it was a jack russell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 15:24

Ive been talking about this on another forum which is for all dog owners and even some of them think bull breeds are aggressive dogs what utter *.

Im sick too death of the constant crap. People are so ignoarnt one white man kills another you dont say they are all killers, dogs are individuals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Jan 24 2012, 19:35

ahh - yea _ I have read this story all 4 versions of it !

coulda been a staffy, pit bull, bull terrier or maby even a flippin poodle - who knows.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 24 2012, 19:38

Sadly its Staffs that will get the blame, regardless.

Its created a media hype and the only thing to come out looking bad is the Stafford.

Another nail in the coffin so to speak, created by a stupid owner.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 22:17

Man invented guns for to make killing in war more eficient.
We now use them for hunting and for competitions and just to make us feel safe in our homes.
When some one kills someone with a gun its news. When someone kills someone with an automatic rifle its HUGE news.

We choose to own the equivalent of a automatic. In the wrong hands its deadly. More deadly than your average Labrador or Fox terrier. Lets never forget that.

But in saying that a firearm is still just an inanimet ogject until a killer picks it up.
You could put hundreds of stories in the newspaper about staffs that are good well behaved gentle dogs and it wont make a damn diference.
I know it upsets you all when you only see biast reporting but never forget that when you read those stories you think of your dog.. good gentle great with kids.... but as we all know there is the other element that get staffs as a symbal of staunchness or toughness and thes people bring there dogs up hard and aggressive. I understand that our breed gets a bad rap. Its not just the Journalists fault. People like to read those stories because it instills fear in them which makes them feel safe.
When i walk my boys around town its a bit like a circus. Old ladies and mums with prams always stop me to compliment on the beuty of my well behaved boys. It still amazes me. Some people walk wide around me ... they are just people who are afraid of dogs in general. The tough guys say "Choice dogs bro" A policeman once made such a fuss over them Pickle jumped all over him. He didnt care he said they were awsome.
My point is people. I understand why it makes you made but dont let it do your head in. There is nothing to be gained by gripeing and i mean that with all love and respect.
Id rather read posts about your encounters with people that show the awsome mightyness of the staff breed.

And never forget that as domesticated as our lovely dogs are they are still wild animals at heart.
My boys are guard dogs first.
When people come to my house for the first time they are normaly freaked out as my boys are there at the door...[i have a barrier up for that reason]
letting whoever it is that they need to watch out... then when i let them into my house my boys are friendly as a mouse... it amazez people that such ferocious looking dogs are actualy quite calm and relaxed once i tell them to stand down.
{i live in a neibourhood that has burglaries shootings and home invasions so yes my boys are trained to attack on command}
If i give the command my boys will tear someone to pieces.
Yet when the neibours kids come over after school to see the dogs you wouldnt know that by the way they act around those kids they love them.
My dogs have a job to do. That is to kill or die to protect me and my Queen.
I hope that day never comes but there it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 22:52

The frustration of dealing with haters seems to come with the joy our dogs bring. still, it's hard to cope sometimes when the laws are always stacked against us. frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24 2012, 23:11

who cares what everyone else says or does... as long as your good to your dog.
There is nothing you can do but lead by example.... all this wasted frustration seems very impotent and pointless.
You will never change the way the world is ...
'the fish always rots from the head first'

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 24 2012, 23:24

iamsarge wrote:who cares what everyone else says or does... as long as your good to your dog.
There is nothing you can do but lead by example.... all this wasted frustration seems very impotent and pointless.

But you have to do your best to educate.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 00:58

janey wrote:
iamsarge wrote:who cares what everyone else says or does... as long as your good to your dog.

But you have to do your best to educate.
Exactly. Retreating into our own little world is counterproductive. Granted, Frustration in itself won't solve anything. That said, using injustice as an opportunity to educate is still the best approach in my opinion. at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by wentzer Wed Jan 25 2012, 01:28

staffy-lover89 wrote:Honestly getting sick of the ignorance of these people!!! .. a lil lad was attacked by a labrador! his face is in a terrible state YET! no main headline!
Its really really annoying! to put it polite!!

Is there anyway you can go about contacting the news people er anything there and talking to them about it maybe you speaking out to them will help them bring it to the headlines...? just a thought
wentzer
wentzer
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Make me soooooo cross!!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 20:50

if everyone here emailed the news people on mass would that help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 20:59

whos retreating into his own world?
Im just smart enough to know that whining constantlay in these posts is pointless although it might make you feel good to get it off your chest at the time.
If you knew anything about me or my life you would never say that.
Try some constructive things instead. Yes education helps... im out there everyday doing it even though i know it isnt enough to tip the balance im only one person!
As a collective you all could achieve so much more. Put an article in your local papers about this web site so that people also have the opertunity to learn for themselves about the staffy breed. Let them see all our photos and videos.... thas educating people isint it.

As opposed to sitting around bleating to each other and me about all the injustices of the world in a world that is broken .. do some thing to fix it.
Right to your newspapers and MPs. Organise meetings. Make pamphlets ... do anything.
I dont think you all realize how powerfull this website could become if you all organize.
Buts thats just my opinion from my own little world... but at least they know me here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down