Question

Go down

Question Empty Question

Post by Guest Sun Aug 28 2011, 19:18

Can I ever trust Taz with another "dog" He used to want to start all the fights. For over a month now he hasn't started one or tried too thanks to alot of exercise and training, I just wanted to know really will i ever be able to not give him the da name?
He has only ever started when another dog has started first like lately we always seem to bump into a two akitas who start and look as if they want to finish off my lot and my lot seem to know it and they go crazy towards them.
Even Cassie seems to know they are a threat (which she never has before) she howls and cries at them.
Taz has even allowed males to come pretty close as i always allow my girls to get a good greeting and i allow Taz to have a sniff of the back end (never face to face)as i know this can cause problems with any dog.
Could i ever let Taz off with another male?
Lately thanks to Cassie being in season he has been on edge but its been nothing i'v not been able to handle he has just snaped rather than try to actually fight if that makes sence.

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by gem Sun Aug 28 2011, 21:43

I know were your coming from I often wonder that myself with my boy .
If you ever get the courage to try and it works you must let me know I would be so grateful. Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 01:28

I think you'd need to start with a dog you know is friendly & 'bomb proof' and put a muzzle on Taz. I know he probably wouldn't need it, but just to be sure. If that goes ok, then try without a muzzle, but be prepared to step in if it starts to look dodgy.

I know you've done a lot of work with him, and he's doing really well, but I don't think a truly da dog will ever really lose that instinct. It may lay dormant, and he'll be ok around other dogs, but it wouldn't take much to set him off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 02:40

I don't know another alright dog to set him up with and the thing i'm worried about is him having a short fuse from here on in, I'v never witnessed a complete turn around with da dogs not where off leash and unattended is possible. Guess i should count my blessings that he doesn't just attack anymore and that he has a great time with the girls and other dogs he's been brought up with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29 2011, 10:10

I think that's the thing - you know know his strengths & weaknesses so you'll know how to read him. That's the art of being a good owner!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down