Change of diet??

Go down

Change of diet?? Empty Change of diet??

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 23:24

Was thinking of changing Kuma's diet.. had her on dry mix since about 4 month, had her on bakers but took her off it as a found the suger levels really high.. making her nuts recently got dry mix cheap stuff from the co-up and she seems to love it but a don't feel its enough.. am looking to keep her looking fit and solid as to me she has a great shape but just wanting the best , any help thanks . Heres a pik of how she looks about 3 weeks ago ....

Change of diet?? DSC00283

Back to top Go down

Change of diet?? Empty Re: Change of diet??

Post by Guest Wed Oct 20 2010, 23:59

What ever you choose you need to ensure to change the food gradually. Don't change more than 10% per day. If the stool becomes very loose change it 5% per day to give Kuma time to adjust.
What type of food are you wanting to feed Kuma? e.g. raw, dry?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 08:17

ye av done the swap on food before , am not sure a just want to mke sure am giving her the best and she will look healthy and strong a just feel dry mix isnt doing nothing but obvs it is Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Oct 21 2010, 08:30

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 10:17

Yes, there are some good ones there. If you're not feeding raw, I'd personally go for Wainrights or Fish4Dogs. Obviously it depends on your budget, but I'd always get the best I can afford for the dog's sake.

Having said that, Dempsey's on raw & it's cheaper than the good dry food! But a lot of people don't want to bother with the balancing of raw - it really isn't as straightforward as you think at first.

You have do your research & find what suits your dog best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:12

a think reserch is on the cards!! F**k ! Laughing but will be best in the long run a just feel shes not getting the most out of cheap ass dry mix but she seems to like it .. sept she eats a little then will wonder off and go back to it later ... am probs just been piky but ad like to see her munch a full bowl and mibi start gettin bulky.. a think am just parranoid that she looks thin everyone says shes fine evan the vet said for 9 months at 17kg thats bang on what she should be .... thanks guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:21

She doesn't look skinny to me! She looks really nice and solid, a healthy looking girl!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:22

Ano a think am usty seeing staffys pure muscle like there on steriods and thats were a get it from its in ma head clown Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:23

You wouldn't expect to see that sort of muscle on a pup! She'll come on over the next few months, you'll see!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 11:24

ye by the pics she looks bang on the way she should Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 13:10

Yea she looks lovely to me as well (and im fussy about dogs bodily condition lol) I would feed fish4dogs if u want a good one, i would feed it myself but although kaos loves it Ty wont touch it and i wanna keep um on the one food! I still cant find one they will BOTH eat apart from JWB but really wanna change it now they have gone done the pan! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 14:56

fish 4 dogs? av trtyd in pets at home thats my local pet shop they don't sell it !! any idea were a would get it from ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 15:14

You might have to get it on line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 15:16

Any idea of were Smile?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 15:50

http://www.fish4dogs.com/company/Find-Stockists.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21 2010, 16:09

i tryed a sample of fish4dogs with memphis and it wernt his cup of tea so dont go buying a huge bag as all dogs like diff things.
memphis first food was royle canine which he eats but verry slowely but surely, then i tryed jwb and he went off ,that trying pero at the moment he is doing quite enjoying that.no daught i will be trtying others unlill i find the ideal one for him
still time as he only 4 months old thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 20:36

James beloved a belive its called?? whats the views on this ... went to the wee shop near me as pet's at home is baw's and havnt got anything proper to say when a ask about a good food for a staffy ow use our own brand !! its shyt a wouldn't eat it so either will my dog !! Laughing kuma's refuseing to eat there brand or the co=up home brand she WAS fine on .... Sad so need get something asap as thats 2 days she only ate one bowl and that was when we were in bed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 20:50

i think its James beloved, i recall someone talking about it somewhere on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:00

Need to mibi get a smaller bag first try her on it then mibi the bigger bag as its £50 for 17kg a think...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:13

yea maybe that would make sense, if your prepared to pay that much for food i would suggest getting royal canin its one of the best dogs food on the market, i hear the queen feeds it to her corgis Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:14

lol !! c tbh pets at home is all full of sugar and kuma is mad enough without it... so a don't reali no what food to go for just going on what folk suggest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24 2010, 21:18

i would suggest royal canin i give it to my katie its a bit expensive though. but if you want the best feed the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25 2010, 00:36

shane wrote:i would suggest royal canin i give it to my katie its a bit expensive though. but if you want the best feed the best.

iv got to admite it is good and not to expensive for the quality Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down