advice please

3 posters

Go down

advice please Empty advice please

Post by sue Sun Aug 07 2011, 20:03

Ok got our new puppy a week ago everything is ok apart from the two dogs together, they seem to play ok at the start and Maddie has put puppy in his place at times. the thing is the puppy doesn't seem to get it at keeps biting Maddie no mater what she does.its got to a point where it goes too far and its the pup showing his teeth and latching on to Maddie where ever he can get a hold, maddie had pinned him down and growled, the thing is when do i get between them as its the puppy who sounds aggressive, will they ever get on , im so confused and worried Sad
sue
sue
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maddie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

advice please Empty Re: advice please

Post by gem Sun Aug 07 2011, 20:10

Im sure they will as soon as you can get them both out for a walk yhey will be so different together. Give it time its only a week Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by sue Sun Aug 07 2011, 20:14

im just worried one will get hurt, it proberbly sounds worse than it is if the pup goes back for more but i feel so on edge and feel i should intervene, Maddie sounds aggressive but looks gentle when she is telling him off, its the pup that sounds aggressive lol . do i let them get in with it or stop it Rolling Eyes
sue
sue

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maddie
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 20:26

The pup is just mimicking litter play and litter noises at the mo, at his age, there's no way it's aggressive. If Maddie is being firm but gentle when telling him off, just let her get on with it. Pup will soon learn, even if it doesn't feel like it now.

As Gem says, when they are able to be walked together, and pup is having energy burnt off that way, things will soon improve.

Don't lose heart, it will get better, and we're here for you in the meantime Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Aug 07 2011, 20:31

Its all normal and I promice they will be best freinds I was exactly in your shoes 9 years ago duke was a sod with holly she was full of scabs as he was always hanging off her and shes such a gentle dog I was constantly telling him off and thinking what have I done but then they fall in love Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 20:49

gem wrote:Its all normal and I promice they will be best freinds I was exactly in your shoes 9 years ago duke was a sod with holly she was full of scabs as he was always hanging off her and shes such a gentle dog I was constantly telling him off and thinking what have I done but then they fall in love Big Grin

Awwww, how sweet!! Doggy love Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Aug 07 2011, 21:19

hia sue,we are the same situation as you are at the mo,we got alfie 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden its like you have got 2 naughty children in the house!we have sasha who is 7 years old and alfie is 10 weeks now and it is slowly getting better,we have a crate for alfie where he sleeps and it gives him his time out place when it gets to much for him or sasha,it does sound awful some times when they are playing and some times he wont leave her alone and then she wont leave him alone,she has a few scares on her where he has bit her,just watch them at all times,sasha has started to run away from him!gosh wot have we done Laughing
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 21:35

its all normal .. my two do exactly the same .. skye will push vinnie so far then he tells her enough! and if she dont listen i step in and tell her enough .. but then its just about that time that vinnie thinks, oh no wait i wanna play .. and makes her play again! lol .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down