Checking in

2 posters

Go down

Checking in Empty Checking in

Post by emily Thu Aug 04 2011, 23:43

I finally got the laptop hooked up to Internet, and I'm so happy I can check the forum again Big Grin It's been 2 days...have I missed anything important or exciting confused Anyway, Cairns is great! I am totally in love with this place I never want to leave....but I have to Laughing I've done a few things...went to a wildlife preserve and saw a few animals, and got lots of pics to share once we are back home. Also been around the beaches with Gus, Kelly and Maybel Gus went so far out swimming I couldn't see him yesterday afternoon! Took him almost 2 minutes to swim back to me after I called him. The dogs also met a few new friends. The bad news....lots of rain Straight Face

I also visited YAPS (an animal refuge shelter) and saw some of their dogs, Australia really loves Staffies, there were quite a few of them there...I just can't believe some of the sad stories the staff told me about some of their dogs, very saddening Sad Some had been neglected, some left to die, one of the poor babies that had just been brought in couldn't even walk...I persuaded my mum and we made a donation to help the poor pups.

So I'm really enjoying the trip, and I should be online a little more. Gus, Kelly and Maybel have made it like home Smile Our trip got cut short due to family matters and such...so I'll be back in Hervey Bay on Wednesday the 10th, I'm going to be in Cairns for my birthday (it's on the 9th).

Catch me up if I missed anything Big Grin

P.S My Aunt (who we're visiting in Cairns) showed me this horrid news article. It was back in 2010, but I couldn't believe it! The poor dog was beaten to death, and left with a metal chain wrapped around it's neck and could barely withstand the 31C heat as it was left outside. It was luckily rescued you can read here: http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2010/01/14/87505_local-news.html

It made me explode with anger, and tears. What is this world coming to!? seriously! People are beating and neglecting dogs more than ever, and it makes me angry at wits end No animal should be tortured, they should be loved! The poor dog Crying or Very sad

Last edited by emily on Fri Aug 05 2011, 00:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding something)
emily
emily
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Checking in Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gus & Maybel (Kelly RIP)
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Checking in Empty Re: Checking in

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 00:44

Hi Em,

Great to hear you're enjoying your lil' holiday Big Grin and that the doggies are all having a great time too.
Also ...good job on the donation to the rescue centre / refuge. Poor poor dooggies.

I think i'll pass up reading the article.....just by your description it sounds too grim to read at this hour of the morning.

Take care, and enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 00:49

Good to see you back up on the net and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 05 2011, 09:17

Sounds like your enjoying your jollies Smile looking forward to see some pics.

So sad how many dogs are ill treated, well done for doing your bit Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down