Can anyone help me rescue my grass?

Go down

Can anyone help me rescue my grass?  Empty Can anyone help me rescue my grass?

Post by Brindlestaffy Tue Aug 02 2011, 19:59

Just wondered if anyone had any remedies as to how I can stop the dogs from killing my lawn with their urine. at wits end The garden is full of brown patches and it looks awful - had a look on the internet and the main thing seems to be to water the urine as soon as they have done it, this isn't always possible as I can't see where they go on a night time without following them all over - plus if you do follow them, they won't go to the toilet and think it's fuss time! Another suggestion was to put tomatoe ketchup in their food (looked this up and apparently it dehydrates them due to the large salt content, making them drink more water and diluting the nitrogen in their urine - don't like the sound of this one). So has anyone tried anything? I wouldn't be so bothered it's just that we live in a rented property and the garden looks such a state it's embarassing! Thank you in advance Smile
Brindlestaffy
Brindlestaffy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Brock and Jeff :)
Dog Gender(s) : Brock - female, Jeff - male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help me rescue my grass?  Empty Re: Can anyone help me rescue my grass?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 20:00

Soon as they wee on it hose it down or pour a watering can over it, it will stop the brown patches

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help me rescue my grass?  Empty Re: Can anyone help me rescue my grass?

Post by Brindlestaffy Tue Aug 02 2011, 20:02

Marty wrote:Soon as they wee on it hose it down or pour a watering can over it, it will stop the brown patches

I can't always do this - like I say on a night I don't see where they wee as I don't go outside with them (they just think I'm there to play if I do so I have to leave them alone)
Brindlestaffy
Brindlestaffy

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Brock and Jeff :)
Dog Gender(s) : Brock - female, Jeff - male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 20:13

Can you not watch from a window and go out after them or teach them to wee on the path or patio only

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 20:49

Apparently tomato juice to garlic to salt to vitamin C in your dogs diet helps with this :S so i read lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 23:36

You could train them to go to a certain area. Seen it quite a few times, they learn that that is where they must go, like fence a little area, take them to that area for a the first few times, when they need to go, and lots prase when they do. that way you only have to worry about watering and looking after that area. its a good way to stop spoiling of lawns etc.
http://freedogtraininginfo.com/66/teaching-dogs-to-use-a-designated-bathroom-area/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02 2011, 23:54

You can get stuff from the larger pet stores. Here's one..........

http://www.petremedies.co.uk/Misc-Products/Lawn-Health/Dog-Rocks/p-83-208-587/?gclid=CL_7xOvZsaoCFQYr3wodTT7C-g

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down