restart the cob dabate!!!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

restart the cob dabate!!! - Page 2 Empty restart the cob dabate!!!

Post by Steve Sun Oct 10 2010, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

what do you call these?

restart the cob dabate!!! - Page 2 Soft%20rolls

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

restart the cob dabate!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: restart the cob dabate!!!

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11 2010, 21:31

youngkaiser wrote:
Lisa wrote:I remember going into a cafe there,cause i wanted a bacon batch.Walked in,and on the cafe menu it was bacon barm.I was like wtf is a barm lol Laughing

Lol lisa thats what i call it bacon barm and where my fellas from in bury its a bacon muffin which i find weird where does batch come from never heard that one its funny aint it lol

Lol i was so confused when i saw barm Laughing A muffin to me is a cake,is that what you think of?A batch is definatly a coventry thing,my nan said its to do with the Second World War.Coventry’s factories aided the war effort in building planes and armaments.The people who worked there often had to do overtime but the factories couldn’t afford to pay them. Instead as a way of payment they were given ‘batches’ of bread rolls to take home to their families.So the workers often brought home a batch and thus the word caught on to mean the singular bread roll.Everyone i know says it,apart from my hubby,who says they are rolls lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Oct 11 2010, 21:31

Yeah ill have a fish cake and a scallop Big Grin
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Oct 11 2010, 21:33

Lisa wrote:
youngkaiser wrote:
Lisa wrote:I remember going into a cafe there,cause i wanted a bacon batch.Walked in,and on the cafe menu it was bacon barm.I was like wtf is a barm lol Laughing

Lol lisa thats what i call it bacon barm and where my fellas from in bury its a bacon muffin which i find weird where does batch come from never heard that one its funny aint it lol

Lol i was so confused when i saw barm Laughing A muffin to me is a cake,is that what you think of?A batch is definatly a coventry thing,my nan said its to do with the Second World War.Coventry’s factories aided the war effort in building planes and armaments.The people who worked there often had to do overtime but the factories couldn’t afford to pay them. Instead as a way of payment they were given ‘batches’ of bread rolls to take home to their families.So the workers often brought home a batch and thus the word caught on to mean the singular bread roll.Everyone i know says it,apart from my hubby,who says they are rolls lol.

Lol i always say that to my fella no a muffins a cake we always have the argument about it and when we go the chippy up there i have to call it a muffin because if i say barm they give me the funniest look ever Laughing
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11 2010, 21:34

Lisa wrote:Everyone i know says it,apart from my hubby,who says they are rolls lol.

And your hubby is SO right!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11 2010, 21:41

Caryll wrote:
Lisa wrote:Everyone i know says it,apart from my hubby,who says they are rolls lol.

And your hubby is SO right!!

He was born in the stratford area,so when he moved over to be with me in coventry,i kept trying to make him say batch,but he wont have it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2