Insurance recommendations

2 posters

Go down

Insurance recommendations Empty Insurance recommendations

Post by goldie87 Tue Apr 30 2024, 15:45

So I've been with MoreThan pet insurance since I had Zeus (2012) and my renewal is up to a whopping £225 a month. They're claiming its due to pre-existing health conditions and the fact that the policy will cover it, however, since 2012, I've only had three claims and they were standalone claims and nothing that has been reoccuring, so in my opinion he has no pre-existing health conditions and I am free to start a new policy with another company.

I've had a few quotes ranging from £60-£75 a month which is much more manageable, but not sure who to go with. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good insurance company to go with?

Thanks!
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Insurance recommendations Empty Re: Insurance recommendations

Post by Caryll2 Sun May 05 2024, 19:42

To be honest, most of them nowadays are pretty much the same. By all means look at reviews, but if one is cheaper and your vets will accept direct claims, then go for it!

However, be aware that all insurance companies share information,so if your old company feels that something is 'pre-existing' you may get problems.

Also, if you do claim with the new policy, your vet is legally bound to list all health-related treatments in the past, and so you must be honest with the new company about previous claims.
Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Insurance recommendations Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down