Blue fawn and standard?

2 posters

Go down

Blue fawn and standard? Empty Blue fawn and standard?

Post by DogoSemperFidelis Wed Sep 13 2023, 08:47

Blue fawn and standard? 55674410
Blue fawn and standard? Img_3410
Blue fawn and standard? 78189a10
good morning, my name is Paolo and I have been breeding Staffords in Italy since 2010. now, by mating two subjects with a blue grandfather, I have been born 4 puppies with a particular color I would define as champagne or blue fawn (even if they do not have a red nose, as would be expected by this color) someone says that the color is not welcome, but in the official standard there is no reference, it only talks about Black and Tan and liver, so I wanted to ask you if there is an official document from the kennel club that clarifies the doubt about this color. they also have light eyes: light grey, blue and hazel. I was wondering how this color is interpreted by the English Staffordshire Kennel Club, if it is recognized and if a pedigree is issued. thanks everyone for the replies

DogoSemperFidelis
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Blue fawn and standard? Empty Re: Blue fawn and standard?

Post by Caryll2 Wed Sep 13 2023, 22:06

Hello & welcome.

The pups would be able to be registered by the UK Kennel Club, although they would probably not do well in the show ring. If your pups are blue (black dilute) then they cannot have black noses, so that would go against them. If they are fawn (red dilute) their noses can be black (a Stafford's nose should NEVER be red) & so acceptable in the show ring.

However, light coloured eyes is a bad fault & would be penalised.

There is no such colour in the Stafford breed as champagne.
Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Blue fawn and standard? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down