Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may

3 posters

Go down

Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may Empty Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may

Post by Toddp Tue Mar 14 2023, 10:13

Hi Everyone. Todd here. I've got a 13 week old blue staffy called Muddy. No real concerns at all to be honest he's a good little boy 😊 he seems to enjoy his food and is really well toilet trained. My questions are (and I apologise if they've been asked a million times before)

How long should I be walking Muddy each day? I take him on 2 usually totalling 45 mins (he's 13 weeks) my partner is convinced this is to much but Muddy seems to enjoy the walks and has the zoomies after so cant be that worn out?

After a walk he licks/bites his paws, I've been reading different reasons so thought I'd come and ask the experts 😊

Any feedback is massively appreciated.

Thanks guys

Toddp
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may Empty Re: Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may

Post by Jenc Sat Mar 25 2023, 15:04

Hi from me & Katy Big Grin look forward to seeing pics of Muddy Love Struck The general rule with puppies is 5 minutes walk per month old so he should be getting 15 minute walks on lead.
As for the paw licking/chewing, are you walking him on grass? He could have an allergic reaction to it thinking

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may Empty Re: Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may

Post by Caryll2 Sun Mar 26 2023, 06:57

Hello & welcome.

Yes, about 15 minutes on lead exercise per walk will be about right. But you can let him play on softer surfaces (is grass) for longer, as long as he rests regularly. Too much hard surface walking can damage the tendons/ligaments/growth plates. You can give him up to three walks a day as long as he rests for a while in between.

The paw licking could, as Jen says, be a grass sensitivity,in which case a wipe of his paws with a warm damp cloth when you come in could solve it. But it could also be that his feet are a little sore if he's walking a lot on hard surfaces.

Caryll2
Caryll2
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Hi All - new to this a few questions if I may Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Dempsey RIP & Badger RIP
Dog(s) Ages : RIP & RIP
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down