Puppy won’t leave any house guest alone

2 posters

Go down

Puppy won’t leave any house guest alone Empty Puppy won’t leave any house guest alone

Post by lunathestaffy Mon Oct 21 2019, 16:02

So Luna really loves everyone and I mean to say everyone, any time anyone comes into the house she gets overly excited, tail going crazy, jumping up trying to lick and nip the person. Problem is that for example if my boyfriends brother or friend comes over she will not leave them alone, she will constantly jump at them and bite really hard. I’ve tried to get the guests to distract her with toys or treats but when it’s anyone other then me or my partner that come into the house she doesn’t care about anything at all other than the stranger. If she gets put away for “time out” she’ll just yelp all the time and second she’s let out she starts it again. Same thing happens on walks, if she sees a person walking across the road she won’t walk anymore and will just jump up and pull towards the person. What can I do so that she calms down around new people? She’s not being aggressive or anything but she is just really rough and is putting people off coming over to the house because they know they will just be chewed on all the time they’re here

lunathestaffy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 23

Back to top Go down

Puppy won’t leave any house guest alone Empty Re: Puppy won’t leave any house guest alone

Post by gillybrent Wed Oct 23 2019, 08:35

Partly, it's her age & she will calm down given time - but not yet!

Try putting her on a harness & lead whenever people come round and don't allow her to interact with them unless she's calm. Don't expect immediate results, though, she will probably take a while to cotton on. But better over friendly (working on the excesses, anyway) than nervous or suspicious.

She WILL get there, and she ISN'T unusual - they're known to be, um, effusive!

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down