Hank was attacked

5 posters

Go down

Crying Hank was attacked

Post by Paris1990 Wed Aug 08 2018, 13:27

Hank was attacked last night by another staff Sad , he got his ear and front leg Sad His ear is a mess and 2 puncture wounds in his front leg and big scratch down his side. Took him to the vets last night and he got a antibiotic and pain killer shot and vet said to bring him back this morning to check for infection and give him more antibiotics. No infection but just need to keep an eye on it hopefully antibiotics work for it. The other dog was off lead frustrated and woman was screaming "he's never done this before" my OH was walking him at the time so he told me he shouted of the owner to grab her dogs collar so he would release hank but she wouldn't and was too busy screaming about the situation, In the end up my OH had to take the risk and grab the other dogs collar and it worked and he released hank, hank tried to defend himself too and got hold of the other dog so I've been beside myself worrying he's going to be DA, but in the vets this morning he was trying to play with 2 other dogs, so its okay at the moment, I think if he sees the other dog though it might be different Sad Hank hasn't been phased by it at all he was more upset that he couldn't get up on the sofa with us last night because his arm and ear were still bleeding.

So sad for my little baby but glad he's just came away with some cuts and scratches, only time will tell if its going to affect him interacting with other dogs but so far so good.

Paris1990
Paris1990
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 48

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: Hank was attacked

Post by dizzy Wed Aug 08 2018, 14:36

Oh Paris I'm so sorry to hear about poor hank. It's always 'the first time it's happened', strangely. I hope he recovers soon.
I don't think he'll become dog aggressive because of this though because dogs just accept it as part of life. Dodger's had a few dogs have a go at him and I've always been far more upset than he is. I'd avoid that dog in future though as he will remember it. Dodger's just as friendly as he always was with other dogs, but he bears a grudge to the one that bit me!
dizzy
dizzy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dodger
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Wed Aug 08 2018, 17:42

Oh that's terrible. Poor little Hank. I agree with Dizzy above, it sounds like Hank had taken it in his stride. You definitely did the right thing and let him act naturally with the dogs at the vets. I do think these things affect us more than the dogs sometimes! So what happened, did the staff just run up and attack or did they play first? I hope the women offered to pay your vet bill at the least.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Hank was attacked B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Wed Aug 08 2018, 18:07

It's always a horrible experience, Hanks nature is to be playful & friendly so I wouldn't think there would be any long term effect

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Hank was attacked B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris1990 Wed Aug 08 2018, 18:19

Yeah I think we were more upset than him about it to be honest ha! My OH said it ran over to hank sniffed him then went for Hank’s ear, he said it was so sad because hank was really excited another dog was running over him then it went bad Sad

Last edited by Paris1990 on Thu Aug 09 2018, 13:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrote back instead of bad)
Paris1990
Paris1990

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Wed Aug 08 2018, 19:02

What a rotten thing to happen!

I doubt it'll make him DA, but he might be a bit reserved for a while. Try and make sure the interactions he by as over the heft couple of months are all going.

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down