Getting Blue Castrated

2 posters

Go down

Getting Blue Castrated Empty Getting Blue Castrated

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 11:59

Hi all
I have just booked my dog in to get castrated though Dogs Trust. Since im on working tax it will cost me £30 instead of the £210 my local vets are charging for a dog his age. Also getting him chipped at the same time for £10. I feel tight (think it's a male thing) but to be honest it will be better for him and im certainly not gonna breed him...too many dogs unhomed as it is.
If anyone is looking into the same thing Phone Dog Trust on 0845 606036 to see if your in the catchment area. £40 instead of £220 is a big difference.
Blue goes in next weds Crying or Very sad I hope he still loves me afterwards lol

Back to top Go down

Getting Blue Castrated Empty Re: Getting Blue Castrated

Post by janey Fri Oct 08 2010, 12:21

Thats a good saving, cost me £190 and about £20 to chip! He'll still love, sulk at first though lol, is he in and out in a day??
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 12:43

thats a good deal....do u have 2 be on working tax? i get child tax but not working tax.....? Ty is already chipped and chopped lol kaos is chipped but will need to be chopped in a couple of months x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Oct 08 2010, 12:52

i been thinking about getting my sam done it cost like £240 for dogs at my vets Sad i just dont want him to lose his bark but i dont want him to get cancer too Sad my mate got his dog done and his bark went very dodgy Sad

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 14:17

his bark will go a bit dodgy, he will put on a lot of weight this is due the his body not producing any testosterone Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 14:21

bluestaff i feel sorry for you becouse the head licking is going to have to go a little further south to make it up to him lol but know he will soon forgive and forget.
and steve i know what you mean by a dodgy bark my old jackrussel was never the same but i left the castration to late with him he was 6 and sadly the cancer still got him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 14:22

re the putting on weight my jack russel never put on weight atall
but my freinds amarican bull put on about 8kg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 14:28

oh dont worry the staffies put on weight when they get neutered, been there,with my auld staffy he just got so lazy didn't even want to walk anymore,

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Oct 08 2010, 14:57

my xena put alot of extra weight on when i got her done but billie didn't, maybe it's diferent for all dogs

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 18:36

we go for at least a 5 mile run and a 5 mile walk everyday.....you saying he won't want to go anymore?
I feel bad enough as it is...they don't mention it will feck his bark up

All details on discounts etc is at
http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/az/s/subsidisedneutering/default.aspx
It is only available for certain areas and Blackburn is one of them. You will have to phone up give your post code and they will tell you if you are able to get the discount....but well worth asking when it will save you nearly £200.

Yes he is in and out the same day Janey.

Im hoping it might might him a bit less aggressive towards other male dogs.....whats my chances?

Oh I feel bad........but I just want him to be calmer, live longer and be happier........nope can't even convince myself let alone Blue im a horrible man and he trusts me Big Grin Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Oct 08 2010, 18:40

he will calm down alot but he may still be nasty to other dogs i would think, i'm not 100% sure about the bark bit

my girl have still got their barks but my mate male dog it's more like a scream then a bark now

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 18:45

Steve wrote:but my mate male dog it's more like a scream then a bark now

You trying to make me feel worse lol
I scream when I still have mine but the Mrs has given them a quick wack

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Oct 08 2010, 18:49

you doing the right thing because it stop the cancer what they get, i'm going get my sam done in a couple of weeks i'm just hoping it doesn't affect his barks because he can wake up the dead....

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Oct 08 2010, 19:02

My girl can bark for England, and as for the weight issue I was told after being done they should have 30% less calories (thats a girl obviously) although my vets promote Royal Canin which do a neutered and unuetered range
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 20:43

Im looking into the feeding less etc now.....cheers Janey that hadn't even crossed my mind.

How soon will his bark be different if it was to be altered? Straight afterwards or does it alter over several months

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 21:03

put it this way bluestaff if you got castrated, how long would it be before you got a squeaky voice, know what i mean rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 21:09

rolling on the floor so it will be about the same amount of time it would take me to attach a chainsaw to anyone who tried to castrate me lol
Ohhhh am I doing the wrong thing? thought I was helping him enjoy a more chilled and healthier life.....now im starting to feel like I might be doing the wrong thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 21:20

yeah about the same time Crying or Very sad personally i would only get my dog neutered if i had to, it takes a lot out of a dog, just going on my experience, but on the upside it does quieten them down a lot, but this could take months for all the testosterone to leave his body, but if you want a dog with no fight left in him and a lazy dog go ahead, this is just my experience of neutering this happened to my staffy, but he did live to be 14yrs, i got him done when he was 2yrs cause he was a viscous towards other dogs, and the vet told me this was the only way to get him sorted, they had no dog whisperers in them days Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08 2010, 21:48

The reason why I thought of getting it done was because there are 2 many staffys that are unhomed....leave the breeding to the KC registrated owners. All that pent up feeling and no lay isn't good......ask any married man lol
The main reason is Blue has started to growl at certain male members of the family that have come round to my house (some of which are small kids under 5) and he is getting worse with dog aggression towards male dogs....He has only behaved with 1 male dog since i've had him...but the ones he doesn't like he is now at the point of wanting to rip up.
I want him to calm down but not to the point where he doesn't want to exercise or more to the point to the point where he hasn't got the energy to return the favour and lick my ears clean (You have seen the size of them.....this requires allot of energy and time)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Oct 08 2010, 21:52

Laughing xena got really lazy and still is i just have to drag her out dont matter if she like or not, she alright when we get onto the field.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09 2010, 11:18

The staff at DT will look after him when he goes in and will get lots of cuddles from the vet staff!

I have to say the whole thing about dogs putting on weight after being done has had no effect on any of my dogs!

Aslong as they are still getting the right amount of exercise there really shouldn't be any problems!! I have also never heard of a dogs bark going once being done.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09 2010, 11:22

their manly bark goes when the testosterone leaves their body, and they do get lazy cause their mojo has gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Oct 09 2010, 11:24

shane wrote:their manly bark goes when the testosterone leaves their body, and they do get lazy cause their mojo has gone

Laughing mojo Laughing

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09 2010, 11:26

Can't say any of the males I have ever had have gotten lazy after being castrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Oct 09 2010, 11:31

i think it's different for all dogs, my xena went lazy but i do still take her out if she like or not but my billie didn't change but they are female i dont know if its the same with males.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down