Introducing a new dog advice please

2 posters

Go down

Introducing a new dog advice please Empty Introducing a new dog advice please

Post by Maisie Sat Jan 09 2016, 22:06

Hi guys, not posted in here for awhile, Maisie is now 1yrs and she's doing fantastic although still a little destructive when she's left in the house. We always wanted to get another dog so they could keep each other company. Our neighbour just got a wee pup he's male she is brilliant with him so we are on the look out now. Does it matter what sex we get? I want them to be the best of friends how do we make sure this happens? Thanks
Maisie
Maisie
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Maisie
Dog(s) Ages : 5/1/15
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Introducing a new dog advice please Empty Re: Introducing a new dog advice please

Post by Rachel33 Sun Jan 10 2016, 07:28

Exciting times Smile personally, I prefer male/female combinations, especially with terriers, there's just less of a risk. That's not to say that same sex combos don't work at all, but there is more that could become problematic.

Are you planning on getting another staffie? Or a different breed? What is your girl's personality/temperament like? Choosing a puppy with a temperament that compliments hers would be useful, 2 overly strong characters can at times be testing.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Introducing a new dog advice please Empty Re: Introducing a new dog advice please

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10 2016, 08:15

I Agree

The other thing to consider is rescues, especially if you are thinking of maybe a different breed ( Surprised ). A couple of months after Christmas is when discarded present puppies start hitting the rescue centres.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Sun Jan 10 2016, 10:08

We were thinking maybe a lab I'd be happy to get a rescue been checking out the centres around us. We haven't properly decided what dog to get yet we wanted to do it before Maisie gets too used to having us all to ourselves! Thanks for ur reply
Maisie
Maisie

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Maisie
Dog(s) Ages : 5/1/15
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down