tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE!

2 posters

Go down

tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Empty tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE!

Post by stobbsie123 Sat Dec 26 2015, 10:34

Hi guys n gals i have come here to try to get some tips on introducing a new puppy into our home as we have a 5 year old staffy called taz and taz does not get on with other dogs since some idiot through there lercher into my garden that attacked taz ,first of all i will say that taz seems very excited by the new dog and that he does let the dog jump on him and as i am writing this the pup is nipping at taz`s legs and he seems fine .
what is worrying me is when the puppy /junior whines or barks taz seems to get very excited and barks ....im worried that this may be aggression ,is this normal as when the dog is not barking/whining taz keeps going to the puppy and sniffing the dog A LOT

stobbsie123
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Empty Re: tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE!

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26 2015, 18:03

Hi & tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Icon_arrowIf you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Icon_arrowWe have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.

Back to top Go down

tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! Empty Re: tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE!

Post by Guest Sat Dec 26 2015, 18:08

Dogs are usually amazingly good at knowing how to pitch things with a puppy, and it's great to hear that your lad has made such a good start with him. I would be very surprised if it is aggression, it sounds more like excitement. If Taz was feeling in any way aggressive towards the pup you'd know it straight away.

However, for you own sanity if nothing else, I would start teaching 'enough', which means stop playing (or whatever else they're doing at the time) so that you can break things up if they get too excited or too noisy. It's easy to do, you just say 'enough' and give a treat when the dogs aren't playing, when you have their attention a bit, and repeat that quite a lot until they know that 'enough' = treat. You then wait until they are doing something that's not very exciting, where you think they'll break off easily, and again you say 'enough' and give them their treats when they stop.

Practise lots and lots and lots, and you should be able to break them up any time you want.

Have fun, your lives have just changed forever Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sat Dec 26 2015, 18:31

Sounds to me like you've got off to a great start. There's nothing I can really add that Liz hasn't mentioned above already, except, where's the pictures i dont know

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

tips needed on introducing new dog PLEASE! B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down