burties35
dkay72
janey
ardvark
8 posters

Go down

spooky goings on....dkay 72 Empty spooky goings on....dkay 72

Post by ardvark Fri Jul 01 2011, 09:02

Didn'y want to hijack the baby thread with spooky goings on but despite my jrt not cottoning on re onset of labour and what was actually about to descend (he probably did know I reckon but was most likely sulking he didn't really like to share me very much lol!!) Anyway in our old 1897 house he would bark at a specific area of the ceiling in the lounge bellow our bedroom from time to time. We found out from the neighbour that an elderly lady in the 1970's had been smoking in bed set her eiderdown on fire and died! (poor woman!) and when we renovated and pulled ceilings down etc sure enough there were double ceiling joysts where the others were burnt right through. I'm a nurse and one night there was a psychic on a ward where I was as a student and told me there was someone else 'living' in my house and that I need to go home and ask them to leave I dont want to s I was crapping myself tbh I do believe in ghosts but not psychics, never the less I was sufficiently scared to do go home and do it lol!! We moved soon after when 1/2 of the house was renovated.

Another time we used to go to a friend of ours house for w/ends with our dogs too which was built by the old farm owner (a 1930's place) and whilst big and beautiful it was always kind of spooky to me. One day I was sitting in the huge kitchen diner on my own when my jack russel came in and started really barking at something behind me and I can tell you I shot out of there, the fastest I have ever moved in my life, I can honestly say I have never had such an intense moment of pure fear in my life Surprised I can lol now but I was well and truly spooked!! nail biting

Any of your dogs done anything similar? x

ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
spooky goings on....dkay 72 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

spooky goings on....dkay 72 Empty Re: spooky goings on....dkay 72

Post by janey Fri Jul 01 2011, 09:15

I would have **i* myself Laughing thankfully I live in a new build and am the first person to ever live there, I don't fancy anything like that going on, but I do believe dogs can sense it Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sat Jul 02 2011, 09:02

just the orbs thank god couldnt take any more lol ill try and find the pics and post them..but i dont really like looking at them Crying or Very sad
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Sat Jul 02 2011, 09:17

Love these kind of stories.
There is a corner of our lounge where Biddy (RIP) and Bodhi sit, stare at and sometimes bark and when the kids were babies they too would stare and sometimes laugh while looking up there.
My middle child would have full blown conversations with someone in her bedroom and came downstairs the one day at the age of 3 saying that she had been speaking to a girl called Chloe who's dad had hurt her with a knife and it was true beacause she still had the poorlies on her legs!!! No we haven't moved yet! The lateset event was with my son we were eating dinner the door to the hallway swung open my son smiled and waved at the open 'empty' doorway then carried on with his dinner.
burties35
burties35

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sat Jul 02 2011, 09:42

my last dog everytime he was photographed orbs would appear around him and one day sat in the pub i showed my friend and he said thers a face in that orb .. so i zoomed and was very scared cus there were 2 faces clear as day, a little girl an a man in a shirt and tye, so i took them to a proffesional who zoomed them up and then a phycic got involved and she couldnt believe how clear the faces were ... in the end the girl was my dogs spiritual guide all kids and animals have one until a certain age then they go, and the man in the suite has allways lived in my dads house wondering up and down the stairs, i never ever told my dad about this happning in his house cus he had dementia ect didnt wanna worry him until one night he looked at me and said as calm as you like...... a man in a suit has just walked into the kitchen.........and then it was time for me to leave bbbrrrrrr goose bumps ..true story sorry for rambling on lololo.
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02 2011, 13:01

woah! some goose pimpling storys in here! haha.

When i had diesel (rip) we lived in a house and the stairs were as you walke through the front door and then the living room door was straight ahead and a side room on the side, but as you open the living room door the stairs were infront, Diesel would sit at the bottom of the stairs barking up them so many times while we was watching tv! so spooky! because the stairs and living room were open togethor so you couldnt ignore looking up at the stairs! lol.
When we moved to the house we are in now (which i hate nd cant wait to moved) lmao ..he would bark at the living room door and above the living room door and once when i was in bed, my room is above the kitchen, i heard him growling (he slept in the kitchen) he growled for like 2mins then barked i shot outta bed grabbed himand he slept with me that night haha!.

Vinnie barks at a corner in the kitchen! freaks me out!! lol .. i have a few orbs on some of my pictures too lol.

When my mom got married she asked if my bro and step dad could wear kilts in memory of her dad who passed as obv he couldnt be there (or could he!?). The night before the wedding my brother and step dad stayed in the hotel they reception was been held, he was asleep and said something woke him up and stood in the corner of the room was a man in a kilt, he shot up and he was gone but he said it didnt freak him out he saw it, shot up to see what it was and went back to sleep he said it was more relaxing than anything. the next day he told my mom and we went to her hotel room to put the bags in there and was talking about him (her dad) and i took a photo of her, looked at the photo and as clear as day right next to her shoulder was a big orb!.

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Sat Jul 02 2011, 21:12

OMFG peeps scary stuff, I can't believe I even stayed in that house the 3 years I did. I live in a relatively new house these days but my MIL lived with us the 7 months before she died of C at just 50 and some odd things have happened.

Anyway I say scary but it's more a fear of the unknown I guess. I'm going to watch the last S.A.W. film in a mo. too I already had a bad dream about warewolfes last night randomly give me strength lol!! x
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Sat Jul 02 2011, 21:53

Before we had the kids, Me and OH used to live with our friends in a old house, which used to be 2 houses, one end is 500 years old and other end is 300 years old. We used to sleep in the 300 year old end.

The ghost is a young woman who hung herself in the house. She used knock off pictures off the wall, turn lights and off. One night our friend turned the outside light off and in the morning it was on.

Another time a friend was decorating in the 500 year old end and he came down and make a cup of tea, he was sitting down on the sofa, and he heard footsteps going across the floor in the room, he was decorating he thought it our friend came back while he was in the kitchen making his drink but it wasn't it was the ghost.

Another time i was watching tv and was half asleep with my head on the arm of the sofa, i felt someone touch my face, i thought it was my OH but he said he had been outside all afternoon.

Another time, me and OH had a argument and he went off somewhere, so i was left on my own, I couldn't sleep. sometime during the night i could hear someone making noise, it sounded like someone screwing up paper or something, i got up and put the light on. and noone was there, so it must have been the ghost.

we actually named her charlie.

Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02 2011, 23:56

when i was about 2-3 I apparently used to hold hands with my nan and walk down stairs in the middle of the night to get a drink, she died before i was born.
god there are so many but the one in my third hourse past is the most weird, One day we threw the ball for our dog spliff, it hit the wall and kinda doubled back and went down the stairs, spliff wouldn't go any further, he stood at the top of the stairs wagging his tail then the ball came back up the stairs. Other times we would throw the ball and you could hear a dog running across the floor (wood flooring) and flying down the stairs, our dogs would be out back etc.
Almost every night we would hear running around in the attick above our rooms, darting from one end to the other stopping every now and then, growling then it would dart off again.
My mum ended up telling one of our neighbours and the neighbour mentioned that a very rude and grumpy old man used to live in our house with a bulky terrier many years ago and he used to go up the attick with his terrier to chase and kill the rats (there were no rats when we moved in lol)
the neighbours nan always used to complain to him, because the dog would sometimes get through the hardboard seperating the both houses atticks and run riots in her attick.
My sister used to think there was a pigme person in the attick she still to this day doesn't like very short people or atticks.
same house my brother climbed up into the attick he just got his head in there and frying pan was thrown at him, he still got the scare about his left eyebrow.
Our dog spliff would never leave my side in my bedroom, and he would always lay by my bedroom door on second floor looking downstairs growling at the first floor landing.
A mate of my mums was kipping on our sofa one night and he woke up to see and fell a small scruff dog licking his feet which were hanging off the end of the sofa, he didn't stay very long.

Back to top Go down

Post by smitherssss23 Sun Jul 03 2011, 00:11

OMG This topic scared me so much :/
smitherssss23
smitherssss23

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Jul 03 2011, 01:01

I dont really beleive in ghosts Ive always felt there was some explanation.
My story a little different I work in mental health and without going into detail I had a patient who had a lot of problems and who was mute I was working on the unit one day and a vicar had come in to bless one of the patients on walking past the mute girl he commented that hed had a really disturbing experience and left. The woman left us and when I was out shopping someone behind me said hello with a voice I can only describe as ripped right through me and shocked me so bad Ive never forgot it.
About 12 months later took a ride out with the dogs to a local park and saw the woman again I swear the dogs wernt mine the dogs cowered on the floor howling and really uncomfortable never been like that I pooed myself I know its not nice but hope I never see her again hypnotised
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Sun Jul 03 2011, 21:51

what Gem, i'm not clear do you think she was a ghost? Feck! Surprised
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03 2011, 22:33

Im not reading no more goose bumps

A spooky dog/dog one that always puzzled my family. My nan about 25yrs ago had a Irish wolfhound he used to lay infront/against the sofa he had to be pts due to C which was done in her house, while he laid in that spot. she got a rescue male Bichon a good few years after the W/hound died, he would lay in the same spot as the W/hound and EVERY time the Bichon would yelp and run screaming but wouldnt take his eyes off that spot, we always thought the W/hound was there, funny thing was any female dog could lie there (nan had 2) and it NEVER happened to them. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03 2011, 22:40

My Bandit died on 1st May 1997. He was well known for creeping silently up to someone & standing right behind them so that when they turned around they'd trip over him.

Several times since he died, on 1st May, I've turned round & nearly tripped over a...............nothing. But my lasting impression is always of a kind of dark shadow right behind me!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Jul 03 2011, 22:49

ardvark wrote:what Gem, i'm not clear do you think she was a ghost? Feck! Surprised
No the woman is very real just that there is something spooky inside her a possesion or something she has been mute for aboyt 35 years. The comment from the vicar the sound of the voice and laugh along with the dogs reaction im not a beleiver of anything spooky but ffsake I crapped myself
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 10:31

Working as a Catholic Church Secretary, you see many strange things. One thing that people aren't always aware of is that each Diocese has an Exorcist - fully trained and normally quite busy! It isn't generally public knowledge, though & the identity of the exorcist is kept secret. He only gets involved if he's asked by a parish priest.

My boss has only referred one situation to him in 8 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jul 04 2011, 10:40

Caryll wrote:Working as a Catholic Church Secretary, you see many strange things. One thing that people aren't always aware of is that each Diocese has an Exorcist - fully trained and normally quite busy! It isn't generally public knowledge, though & the identity of the exorcist is kept secret. He only gets involved if he's asked by a parish priest.

My boss has only referred one situation to him in 8 years.
Doing the job that I do Ive met them all jesus christ ,god himself along with all the stars but I swear this lady has something deeper and im the most sceptical person you will ever meet I dont beleive in anything spooky.
Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 11:54

Some people think they are something else.

Some people are something else - hence the exorcist!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Mon Jul 04 2011, 13:14

Oooh, this is quite an intruiging topic. I will always remember a news special on Halloween that said that a hallway landing is the most haunted part of any house...

I don't have any experiences myself (thank goodness) but I know a few people who have from a religious point of view. My OH's family are Jehovah's Witnesses, and what they believe is that there is no such thing as ghosts as once you are dead you are gone, there are only demons that can immitate dead people and become 'ghosts' if you like.

One woman (who is now a JW) used to claim to be a psychic and was 'in tune' with the dead. She said every night she would have conversations with these spirits. A lot of people within there congregation have had similiar experiences but I hate it when they talk about it...I can't sleep when I get home haha!
Cody
Cody
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cody
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Mon Jul 04 2011, 13:54

with you now Gem thanks and sorry for being dim lol!!

I always felt uneasy about my mum and dads' house where I grew up btw it was the hallway (!) and the spot by the open fire where my great grandma used to sit before she passed. She was almost a hundred, just a few months off and we had 4 generations living together as I grew up before she died.

I do believe in it all especially as my mum experienced her fathers' ghost (unpleasant man) and he kept haunting my grandma before she moved in with us, it was the 70's then and she had to get someone to exorcise the place. I couldn't believe it when my mum told me and to think I used to stay there as a kid. I never experienced anything but was s*it scared of going there, mostly because I was forced to sleep in the dark in the lounge on the middle floor on my own lol!! Do you nkow I'd never do anything like that to my children, old cow! xx
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 15:39

Gem I am pooing myself just reading all these stories...!!

Hope I don't have a nightmare tonight..!!! hypnotised

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jul 04 2011, 16:47

vanessa wrote:

rolling on the floor
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 19:59

I remember when my sister told me a few years ago she done the Ouija Board with a few of her mates she was young and stupid she admits it herself that you should never play with these kinda thngs.
Anyway her and a few of her friends were in the front room of her friends house.
They started doing it nothing happened for a while they were about to give up, then it started moving around the board it spelt out "one will die"
they stopped messing with it and carried on about their night, they started hearing a few noises, the cat that the owner of house owned started going nuts climbing the walls attacking the girls (my sister still has a scare on her arm because of how deep the cat bit her) The cat then jumped out of an open window and on to the road just outside where it was hit over and kill instantly. The board said one will die and it was right.
I don't think my sister will ever forgive herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Mon Jul 04 2011, 20:11

poo myself lolololololol
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04 2011, 21:13

vanessa wrote:

Well, if you do, you'll have to come on here & tell us about it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05 2011, 16:33

where's the nappies ?.... Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down