Luna's Raw Food Diary

2 posters

Go down

Luna's Raw Food Diary Empty Luna's Raw Food Diary

Post by dannyboi91 Mon Nov 16 2015, 10:18

Thought I wold start a little diary for my pup Luna, she has just turned 8 weeks and has been on raw for a week now. We started her on Natures Menu puppy nuggets as it was handy to get. After a week on them I found out there was a raw meat supplier in the next town which was perfect. I bought around 8kgs of chicken and bone mince along with 2 bags of chicken necks.

Day 1 - She was fed around 300g of chicken mince which she wolfed down in around 1 minute.

Day 2 - I was the same with a cracked egg (no shell) in the morning then tried her with a chicken neck at night which she done very well with. Started with it in my hand she then took it from me and sat in a corner of her pen (I watched her like a hawk.

Days 3-5 - She was getting chicken mince and chicken neck later on at night and I also started giving her 2.5ml of Ultimate Oil.

Days 6-7 - Still getting chicken but I have notice her stool were getting very sticky so gave her pedigree puppy that I had in the cupboard and they hardened up again. Should I try giving some rice or is it time to add something else to her diet?

Day 8 - Gave her chicken mince again this morning after a day of hard stools.
dannyboi91
dannyboi91
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Luna
Dog(s) Ages : 7 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Luna's Raw Food Diary Empty Re: Luna's Raw Food Diary

Post by bulldozerboo Sat Nov 26 2016, 08:40

I have fed a raw diet for the past 6-7 years now. After trying so many different good quality dry foods, I couldn't find one that suited them all. Deano at the time was a puppy and was incredibly fussy - switched him to raw and he's not missed a meal since or even turned his nose up at a meal.
bulldozerboo
bulldozerboo
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Pepper Rocco Deano Boo
Dog(s) Ages : 12 10 6 3
Dog Gender(s) : 2 x Female 2 x Male
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down