The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!!

4 posters

Go down

The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!! Empty The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!!

Post by Steff Thu Sep 10 2015, 01:05

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please can someone tell me, if money was not an issue, what would be the best treat in the world to give your dog? I'm thinking meat that you can buy from the supermarket.

And preferably raw.

Raw because my baby Steff will chomp anything down cooked without chewing it (because cooked is so soft) and it's gone in seconds. I'd like something she could enjoy ripping into and sinking her teeth in.

I'd love to hear your suggestions?

I was thinking maybe a nice piece of rump steak? or rib eye? I know raw pork is off the menu due to worms.

Thanks everyone! Peace and love to you all and to your amazing Staffy's

Steff
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!! Empty Re: The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10 2015, 08:23

The treats of the moment here, but they're big treats, is salmon heads. So if you mean treat as in something special to get your teeth into, then that's probably what mine would go for, or any other whole fish.

If you mean training treats, though, then that wouldn't work as they take too long to eat. Have you looked at something like Fish4Dogs treats?

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!! Empty Re: The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!!

Post by Mia05 Thu Sep 10 2015, 08:38

Id probably feed mia a diet consisting of purely fish and a bit of rice and vegetables Smile i also bought mia fish and potato cookies too.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

The Ultimate Meat Treat Please Advise!! B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu Sep 10 2015, 09:41

I go to morrisons and get all of bug's stuff, they sell whole hearts, trotters, marrow bones, lamb ribs/spines, whole fish etc all for a really reasonable price!

As far as I'm aware with salmon or pork it needs to be frozen for 2 weeks before feeding - but many raw feeders that I know feed trotters/even whole pig heads! I've fed Bug trotters (after feeding) for a long time and she absolutely loves them, takes ages eating them too.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by ColinW Thu Sep 10 2015, 17:12

I only have a village shop so sardines or eggs.  Laughing Raw tripe but shop stuff is not as good as pet shop stuff.
ColinW
ColinW
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Iza
Dog(s) Ages : 1.8 years
Support total : 633

Back to top Go down

Post by Steff Mon Sep 14 2015, 13:52

Whole fish sounds good but I haven't a clue on how to remove the bones and I'd be worried I hadn't got em all! Thanks for the suggestions, I'm heading to morrisons today

Steff

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down