2 female pups

+2
Rachel33
bunsen1
6 posters

Go down

2 female pups Empty 2 female pups

Post by bunsen1 Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:10

hi, we have left a deposit on 2 female pups for collection 23rd july, after reading up im concerned about how they will be together? does anyone any opinions or experiences ? we wanted 2 for the company for each other, they are 5 generation kc registered pure breed, we have 2 children 10 and 8 and a huge garden for extra play whilst living in the countryside for good walks, all opinions experiences views welcome, ( hope to hear some good too please lol) Surprised
bunsen1
bunsen1
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

2 female pups Empty Re: 2 female pups

Post by Rachel33 Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:30

Hello! Sorry to say, this is an absolute no no for me. Not only that they're siblings, but also the same sex. Have you read much regarding littermate syndrome? If not, here are some links;
https://paws4udogs.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/littermate-syndrome/

http://blog.betternaturedogtraining.com/2013/07/18/littermate-syndrome/

Raising and training one Stafford is a full time job on its own. I would really urge you to reconsider.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by bunsen1 Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:35

reading lots now, im so sad as there both so adorable. to have to now choose one is horrible, thanks for the links, will have a good read up, but we will only be getting one, praying
bunsen1
bunsen1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:44

Totally understand - that's usually how people end up with two! They view a litter and can't decide between all of the bundles of cute.. I've worked in rescue so have seen the negative side of this arrangement - usually resulting in either two extremely bonded dogs with limited training with humans or worse; two dogs that are regularly fighting. Of course - this isn't always the case and there are people that have had littermates - but the majority of the success stories I've seen have been with generally more biddable breeds and usually of the opposite sex.

We all love staffies here - but we all also know that they are stubborn, tenacious, head strong and to bull breed inexperienced people can be tough to train: Especially through the adolescent stage. I would say get one - and put your all into socialization and training them. And when they're steady, well trained and sociable adults add another to your family. I would usually suggest 2 years +.
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:45

Yup sorry to have to agree with Rachel but litter mates can always be a problem and then add in to the mix they are both girls is going to cause some tension Sad

There is of course no reason why you can't add to your family further down the line if you find that training and living with one Stafford isn't enough Laughing but I would urge you to go for a male as the general perception is that opposites get on a lot better.

Having said all of the above I am sure that there will be the exception to what we've said but I would rather be open & honest about the issues rather than you having to make a heartbreaking decision later on.

Do let us know how you get on and post some pics Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

2 female pups B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Sun Jul 05 2015, 16:48

If u are a first time owner i would suggest one as well . They may be cute together but you have to think of things long term, food vet bills and training can be a lot as a first time owner as well as having children too Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

2 female pups B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Niffer Sun Jul 05 2015, 17:12

Mmmm - my neighbour bought two sibling border collie/corgi type puppie bitches about 5 years ago now. They were a nightmare together at the beginning, constantly fighting over treats/attention seeking etc and she struggled to try and train them. They're still not really trained as in they'll run off when off the lead and won't be seen for 4-5 hours (I'd go insane), they're not dog friendly, they howl and scream if she goes out etc., they still 'have a go' at each other....It maybe the cross breeds in them - who knows but I would be careful. I know it would break my heart if, one day, the two staffys started fighting and hurt each other Sad

I do agree with Rachel - get just the one and train it up then get another. My neighbour has said to me that this is what she wished she'd done now.

Good luck though in all you decide - staffies are difficult dogs to say no to esp pups xx
Niffer
Niffer
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Milo aka Michaelangelo
Dog(s) Ages : 14/09/2013
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by peppa Sun Jul 05 2015, 18:05

My peppa can get very well with females as well and when it's the right time ill consider it depending successful introduction but a big no no from me as well on taking 2 of the same litter . I do understand it as almost end up with peppas brother as well as felt sorry for the little guy but the breeder was reluctant I also recommend you start with one just follow your heart and maybe ask breeders advice about temperament never take one with higher energy than yours and you can always add another down the line. Good luck!
peppa
peppa

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : peppa
Dog(s) Ages : 28/10/13
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content