going to see pups

4 posters

Go down

going to see pups Empty going to see pups

Post by slick Thu Jun 09 2011, 13:37

what do you look for in a pup? how many visits or do you take the pup home one first view? i like the chunky type staffys, i like them with big heads and big boned, chunky healthy looking staffys, any tips on picking a pup

slick
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

going to see pups Empty Re: going to see pups

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 14:38

Ive never choosen a pup Ty was a 6 month old rescue and Kaos i resued privatley at 11 weeks. Im sure someone will be along shortly to help tho x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 14:48

I didnt go along to choose vinnie as he was a suprise at 11wks, so didnt no i was getting him.
I did go along and choose Skye tho' .. i asked the breeder question's via email first about tempermant, health checks, seeing the parents, vet checks etc and asked to see some images, when i gained all this info i went along to see her with her brothers and mom & dad to see how they behave together aswell as the health of mom and dad, aswell as the litter etc.
Checked her eyes were clear, no bad smells coming from anywhere on her like ears etc, checked her underneath to make sure there was no discharge etc etc, you can do visual checks aswell, you can see just lookin at them that they are walking properly (obv depending on age) how they are with the rest of the litter mom and dad etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Jun 09 2011, 15:45

The trouble is all pups are so cute quite podgy and at that moment you dont care what there like its love at first sight.
But if you are thinking you would like to have one that has a build a certain way then you definatly need to see the mother and father.
If say the father is just what you want and the mother not then dont think the pups will be just like dad cause that may not be the case.
Im sure your going to love the puppy no matter what but if you are prepared to pay then you should have the type you want.
If I was looking for a nice puppy of a good show quality then my advice would be go along to a local champ show take note of a type of dog that you like and talk with the ownner im sure they will be more then happy to let you know of any planned matings they will pass on your details to other big kennels and im sure you will get a puppy you want.
Other then that research on the net you will pay a little more for the right puppy but you will know what your getting with health tests and a good start to life from a reputable breeder who breeds to better the look of there dogs and not just for colours and money
Good luck dont rush , if you do see puppies then lots of bone in the legs nice tight feet the head will not grow if its not there as a infant so check it out hope it helps you Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09 2011, 15:59

slick wrote:how many visits or do you take the pup home one first view?
Depends on the age of the litter, usually they cant leave untill 8weeks old .. if they are younger you are usually required to pay a deposit out of the cost of the pup to secure him/her for you and the owner should contact you when they are ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Thu Jun 09 2011, 17:26

Must confess that I have always gone along to look at pups with the intention of checking this and looking for that, but have always instantly fallen in love with one (on one occasion 2) and honestly believe that a puppy chooses you.

Good Luck, I know the 'right one will choose you' Smile

Lizzie

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by fourstaffs Sun Jun 12 2011, 03:51

i fell for all 3 of mine as little pups now ther 13 weaks old a looking like little tanks lol

fourstaffs
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : william,harry,gorgie,bella
Dog Gender(s) : malex3,female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content